How many times can I apply single re-entry permit?

Hi 

I have Non-B single entry, and just applied and got a stamp of single re-entry permit at the airport (1000 bat). Due to of the sad news in Thailand at the moment, I think our company's BOI approval will be pending for a long time, and it means I need to leave Thailand again for a business trip before BOI approval. 

In my case, can I apply re-entry permit again and again as long as my non-b isn't expired? Or only one time is allowed? 

Thanks in advance! 

• 2 years later...

in the case of a retirment 1 year extension of stay(to be reneewed) does single entry reentry permit mean you can ONLY come back ONCE?! what if i thought i was coming back once then realised it was twice, can i then apply for another single re-entry permit? or would it then be a multiple by defintion? keen to know what the rules are so i can decide as i may need two trip back but it will probably be one so dont want to waste the extra 2800 baht if poss thanks

8 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

in the case of a retirment 1 year extension of stay(to be reneewed) does single entry reentry permit mean you can ONLY come back ONCE?! what if i thought i was coming back once then realised it was twice, can i then apply for another single re-entry permit? or would it then be a multiple by defintion? keen to know what the rules are so i can decide as i may need two trip back but it will probably be one so dont want to waste the extra 2800 baht if poss thanks

You can get a single re-entry permit, use it for entry and then get another one as many times as you want to.

Is there some sort of multiple re-entry permit one can get with the visa, pay up front, etc.  instead of having to get single entry re-entry every time?  I don't want the METV, just the Non O with a lot of comings and goings to neighboring countries while touring

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a single re-entry permit, use it for entry and then get another one as many times as you want to.

ah i see its kind of a discount for quantum upfront! So unless you already know your going to renter 4 times already then may as well pay as you go(re-enter)! 

cheers Joe

2 hours ago, thecolonel said:

ah i see its kind of a discount for quantum upfront! So unless you already know your going to renter 4 times already then may as well pay as you go(re-enter)! 

cheers Joe

If you always leave Thailand at airports, and have plenty of time when leaving, a "pay as you go" strategy is rational. If you are sometimes in a rush, and/or sometimes exit Thailand at land crossings with no re-entry desk, it may be simplest and safest just to get a multiple re-entry permit and be done with it.

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Is there some sort of multiple re-entry permit one can get with the visa, pay up front, etc.  instead of having to get single entry re-entry every time?  I don't want the METV, just the Non O with a lot of comings and goings to neighboring countries while touring

Firstly a Visa is something you get from outside Thailand. It can be single entry or multiple. As  in SETV, or METV, or a single Non-Imm O, Multiple Non-Imm O or the Non Imm OA which is by default a multiple entry. 

Within Thailand you can convert a SETV or Visa Exempt entry to a Non -Imm O entry, but that is a single and the entry is marked as USED immediately.  Then there are the Extensions of Stay, be it based on retirement or marriage to a Thai or whatever, say for a years permission to stay. If you leave during that year without a re-entry permit, you lose that permission of stay. You can maintain that permission of stay and re-enter the country using a Re-Entry Permit. These can be obtained at Immigration as Single, one use only, for 1000 baht, or Multiple Use (as many times in and out as you like) for 3800 baht. The life of the Re-entry permit will match the Extension of Stay date. (Except in the case of a single which would be 'USED' if you leave and return before and is then no further use.) 

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Firstly a Visa is something you get from outside Thailand. It can be single entry or multiple. As  in SETV, or METV, or a single Non-Imm O, Multiple Non-Imm O or the Non Imm OA which is by default a multiple entry. 

Within Thailand you can convert a SETV or Visa Exempt entry to a Non -Imm O entry, but that is a single and the entry is marked as USED immediately.  Then there are the Extensions of Stay, be it based on retirement or marriage to a Thai or whatever, say for a years permission to stay. If you leave during that year without a re-entry permit, you lose that permission of stay. You can maintain that permission of stay and re-enter the country using a Re-Entry Permit. These can be obtained at Immigration as Single, one use only, for 1000 baht, or Multiple Use (as many times in and out as you like) for 3800 baht. The life of the Re-entry permit will match the Extension of Stay date. (Except in the case of a single which would be 'USED' if you leave and return before and is then no further use.) 

That's what I was looking for, the multiple re-entry permit option versus buying one by one as needed.  Obviously based on the price of 3800 for a multiple or 1000 baht for each single dictates what to do, except for a minor convenience factor.  Thanks 

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

That's what I was looking for, the multiple re-entry permit option versus buying one by one as needed.  Obviously based on the price of 3800 for a multiple or 1000 baht for each single dictates what to do, except for a minor convenience factor.  Thanks 

As I leave Thailand less often now I no longer get a multiple re-entry permit as soon as I get my Extension, as I used to. I get singles as I need them. The 3800 baht for a multiple is a hefty price and l am cheap! Obviously factor in time and traveling to immigration to get them. There is always the option of obtaining a Single Re-Entry permit at the airport if a person suddenly finds a need to travel Available 24/7.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you always leave Thailand at airports, and have plenty of time when leaving, a "pay as you go" strategy is rational. If you are sometimes in a rush, and/or sometimes exit Thailand at land crossings with no re-entry desk, it may be simplest and safest just to get a multiple re-entry permit and be done with it.

At BKK, I've seen the re-entry permit desk in "Standard" immigration, but don't recall there being one in Fast Track immigration, does anybody know if there is one in that area or would I need to use the standard lines?

6 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

At BKK, I've seen the re-entry permit desk in "Standard" immigration, but don't recall there being one in Fast Track immigration, does anybody know if there is one in that area or would I need to use the standard lines?

I believe there is not one available in Fast Track, I have looked and I believe Ubonjoe posted as much. So get in there with the plebs! ????

• Thanks 1