my gf want me to buy her a house.

pattayalover

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:53 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

In NZ if a couple just live together long enough ( used to be 3 years ) it is regarded as being married and she still gets half of everything, and the whole house if there are kids.

At least in LOS that doesn't apply.

Not uncommon in the USA, varies a bit from state to state.  Look up Palimony and Community Property.  My buddy I grew up filed for divorce here in the USA after we found his wife cheating.  She of course tried to get the cars, the house.  Boy was she pissed off when she found out he did not own the house but his Father was the owner!  She had no rights to the house.  Sadly I knew her from college as she was in our sister fraternity.  Seemed like a decent gal, got a pharmacy degree, her Master's.  Apparently drugs and some high life flash got the better of her and she lost a very solid decent man and a very good bunch of in laws that one could rely upon.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take care of your parents first.  Live with them in Europe if they don't want to move to Thailand.  It is your duty as their child.  Hey, you asked for advice.

I'm referring of course to the other post you currently have running.  Or is that one a troll post?  Or is this one?  Or both of them?

6 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Not uncommon in the USA, varies a bit from state to state.  Look up Palimony and Community Property.  My buddy I grew up filed for divorce here in the USA after we found his wife cheating.  She of course tried to get the cars, the house.  Boy was she pissed off when she found out he did not own the house but his Father was the owner!  She had no rights to the house.  Sadly I knew her from college as she was in our sister fraternity.  Seemed like a decent gal, got a pharmacy degree, her Master's.  Apparently drugs and some high life flash got the better of her and she lost a very solid decent man and a very good bunch of in laws that one could rely upon.

his Father was the owner

Gotta love that. It would be worth getting married to a gold digger just to see them screaming when they couldn't get the property ( have a friend be the legal owner of good cars as well ), and lose the job before the divorce so no income to base alimony on. Hide the money as well, so no savings where she could get at them. Excellent.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

his Father was the owner

Gotta love that. It would be worth getting married to a gold digger just to see them screaming when they couldn't get the property ( have a friend be the legal owner of good cars as well ), and lose the job before the divorce so no income to base alimony on. Hide the money as well, so no savings where she could get at them. Excellent.

Yeah.  And she tried to get his classic cars too.  He had a 65 mustang, three model A fords.  But for insurance reasons and what not, those Model A's were legally owned by his Father!  Believe me, as my will weakens and I get closer to bringing over a gal from Thailand or some place else, I will be looking to cover all the angles in case of a divorce.

This is a kid I grew up with two doors down from me.  Funny thing is his Great Aunt lived in that house when we were in Junior High school and he and I painted that house for, gosh who remembers, 100 bucks back in 1973?  And it was a big three story victorian house with an attic.  To paint the top we had to put the 40 foot extension wooden ladder on the back of my friend's 1930 AA truck!  And those old wooden ladders were heavy and not trivial to move around.  No lightweight aluminum ladders!

that s correct, been with her for 7 years. so If I stay with her for another 3 years, it s 10 years. so 40'000 bahts per year of commitment. around 1000 dollars a year.
I never gave her anything, except I pay more our rent but in return she cleans clothes, cook... and take care of everything like a private secretary of state. (No, she doesn't lie :) )

Check her emails ! [emoji5]