Best Place to Visit in Thailand

jamesronaldo

It really depends on yourself and what you are looking for, what might be great for me might not be for you.

I don't particularly like Koh Samui or Koh Phangan any more but that is more to do with me comparing these places to what they were like 20 odd years ago and feeling disappointed that they aren't the same now, but times change and people and places change sometimes for better sometimes for worse.

There are many beautiful places in Thailand let us know what your interested in and it maybe easier to suggest places based on that.

On 10/15/2016 at 8:12 PM, lostinisaan said:

Banana shooting places, or cultural important places? What are you looking for? 

I have never heard that term before - care to elaborate what it means?

(hopefully not more of your crude, unfunny stuff)

I find the best places are the ones not advertised. . Stumbled across many places that are both interesting and Beautiful in there own rite. Taking a drive from Udon thani to pattaya using back roads there are hundreds of sights and places not on any tourist map. That's the real Thailand in my view.

CM 15-20 years ago! What a beautiful place, but way too many whiteys and roads now. Personally, the north in general -- Si Satchanalai is (was) sublime. But as mentioned, all depends on your taste. Suggest peruse Wikitravel Thailand for overviews.

Of Koh Tao, yep beautiful, but I wouldn't go back there if you paid me. Putting money into the pockets of corrupt rapists/murderers is not cool.

1 hour ago, lostinisaan said:

Crude and unfunny like all your replies? 

1 hour ago, lostinisaan said:

Crude and unfunny like all your replies? 

I never post crude innuendo or try to be funny - not sure how you managed to read that into any of my posts?

Somewhat like asking what's the best beer or the best car. Ask a 100 people & likely you'll get a 100 different answers.

Try & bypass all the popular tourist spots & I'm sure you'll find plenty of "best places"

Just my opinion.

I watched in awe as a German couple and their young kids got out of a cab, standing there in wide eyed wonderment at the destination of their dreams. They flew halfway around the world to see Central World in Bangkok. It all depends on your perspective on life.

6 hours ago, muzmurray said:

I never post crude innuendo or try to be funny - not sure how you managed to read that into any of my posts?

Maybe you should start the funny part of your life and you'll understand that life can be different. :stoner:

9 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Thai are very friendly - get off the beaten path and out into the countryside where you can meet some every day people. Sure, there iwll be obstacles, but have an adventure... 

The typical tourist places are over run... 

this is my point. i love the tourist places. i just spent 6 months in esan. unless you speak thai you wont meet every day people. 

11 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Well then maybe it's you who doesn't want to be bothered meeting people. Easy very easy to meet people in issan

here we go again deepinthailand. completely miss understanding what is being talked about and adding nothing to the conversation. someone looking for advice on thailand and looking to come here for their first trip is unlikely to speak thai. apart from the odd washed out bargirl no one speaks english in the north east so how are they going to communicate? i can speak some thai and managed to have a few broken conversations with a variety of people during my time up there.

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

this is my point. i love the tourist places. i just spent 6 months in esan. unless you speak thai you wont meet every day people. 

WGA - I don't doubt that is your experience... but not true for others... I know people who speak no Thai and love meeting people off the tourist grid... 

I assume that with a post like this, the OP knows of Phuket and Pattaya,.. and needs a nudge to do something a little different though surely they can have fun in the tourist areas too... 

ps - if you are spending 6 months some place, and seem to be a regular poster here, maybe try and learn a few words and phrases... 

36 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

here we go again deepinthailand. completely miss understanding what is being talked about and adding nothing to the conversation. someone looking for advice on thailand and looking to come here for their first trip is unlikely to speak thai. apart from the odd washed out bargirl no one speaks english in the north east so how are they going to communicate? i can speak some thai and managed to have a few broken conversations with a variety of people during my time up there.

You are quite wrong as usual. So going anywhere in the world on holiday according to you if you don't speak the language is pointless. Not all people want to go to Pattaya some love the adventure. What you have to remember is your opinions are just that opinions. As everyone's opinions are. All you ever add to a conversation is boring doom and false statements ie you will not meet people every day. Grow up please and accept not everyone follows your lead. AS AR.

1 hour ago, Deepinthailand said:

You are quite wrong as usual. So going anywhere in the world on holiday according to you if you don't speak the language is pointless. Not all people want to go to Pattaya some love the adventure. What you have to remember is your opinions are just that opinions. As everyone's opinions are. All you ever add to a conversation is boring doom and false statements ie you will not meet people every day. Grow up please and accept not everyone follows your lead. AS AR.

why do you twist everything? go anywhere in the world you want, even if you dont speak the language. travel is the spice if life. dont expect to be able to mix with the locals of the tourist path unless you can speak the local language. look at your posts on other topics. mostly they are just you rubbishing other peoples opinions, which you say cant be wrong. put something interesting or relevant or move on.  now you are going to add  multiple BS posts adding nothing and then finish by quoting lines from dads army. 

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

WGA - I don't doubt that is your experience... but not true for others... I know people who speak no Thai and love meeting people off the tourist grid... 

I assume that with a post like this, the OP knows of Phuket and Pattaya,.. and needs a nudge to do something a little different though surely they can have fun in the tourist areas too... 

ps - if you are spending 6 months some place, and seem to be a regular poster here, maybe try and learn a few words and phrases... 

not sure what the OP is into. would be good to have a bit more info. i learnt a bit of thai when i first move here but i am learning quite a bit more as my son is talking more. he even translates for me now which has been quite a bonus.