Koh Phangan exodus as Full Moon Party cancelled

webfact

Koh Phangan exodus as Full Moon Party cancelled

a1.jpg

Picture: tnamcot

KOH PHANGAN: -- Tourists both local and foreign continued to stream out of Koh Pangan due to the cancellation of the Full Moon party due to be held on Hat Rin beach on Monday night.

The event along with all other entertainment was cancelled by Surat Thani governor Uaychai Innark for a period of thirty days following the death of His Majesty the King on Thursday, reports tnacmot.

Police reported that Hat Rin was very quiet though there was still a security presence to ensure tourist safety.

Busier was the port with reports that the tourists were heading for Koh Samui and Koh Tao. Some stayed on Koh Pangan but these are mostly people who had bookings to honor.

TNA reported that tourists understood the reason for the cancellation as the Thai people grieve for the loss of their beloved monarch.

Source: tnacmot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-18

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

lots of westerners saying how bad or insensitive they are for leaving but really what does it matter? their holiday, they can do what they want.

Thats  because they have become Thai....conform, obey

in that BBC video, as far as the foreign TV stations are concerned, that is mostly true with true TV! they have cancelled all movie channels and only allow very few channels and as usual the CARTOON channels are allowed! AND when contacted true said that it may last for at least thirty days. 

24 minutes ago, captspectre said:

in that BBC video, as far as the foreign TV stations are concerned, that is mostly true with true TV! they have cancelled all movie channels and only allow very few channels and as usual the CARTOON channels are allowed! AND when contacted true said that it may last for at least thirty days. 

Of course the cartoon channels should be allowed. They are for kids..What's the matter? You can't survive without TV for a month? Try reading a book perhaps...They also have this new thing called the Internet where you can stream TV if you are really that desperate...

9 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Busier was the port with reports that the tourists were heading for Koh Samui and Koh Tao .

Must have a death wish.

Are people ever going to get over what happened and move on? Koh Tao is a beautiful island where some tragedies have happened, but it's still a great place to visit. Just don't get drunk and wander off on your own at night. Same as for everywhere...

20 minutes ago, claffey said:

Of course the cartoon channels should be allowed. They are for kids..What's the matter? You can't survive without TV for a month? Try reading a book perhaps...They also have this new thing called the Internet where you can stream TV if you are really that desperate...

ah yes but which  books are you now allowed to read........theyve got you hook line and sinker havent they

51 minutes ago, captspectre said:

That is strange, Just this morning I watched AlJazeera news, Disney Channel for my kid, History 2 and Discovery Sci, all no problems?

For the movie channels I wouldn't know, All my movie watching comes from pirate sites, all brand new movies.

Who posted that idiot BCC video anyway? And now it seems one can finally go to Koh Pangan for once. Stupid party, why cant the kids party with moderation everyday instead of go full out one night?

There was no exodus at all, yesterday.
The pier was very very quiet at 12. Especially the Songserm Pier which is the chippest company, who is usually very very busy around full moon.
Thats total wrong, sorry.
See picture of the songserm Pier, yesterday at noon.
Khaosod English have post the same, with pictures taken probably another day, and one, which they removed, was taken in Koh Samui.
Its seems they have removed their post on the website, here is the link of their post yesterday on Facebook

2016-10-17 12.13.15.jpg

2016-10-17 12.13.30.jpg

Waiting for TAT to spin how all these cancellations across the nation won't slow tourism revenues for the remainder of 2016. For people who planned their vacations long in advance, they may not feel so compensate to re-book but rather find more stable vacation venues.

Personally I think it would be quite a good idea for tourists to avoid Thailand for the next couple of months. The Thais are deep in loss and need to be given space to come to terms with that.  Given that emotions are so high, is it really sensible for tourists to come here looking to party?  I am sure it will not be welcome to those with businesses here but there is a time and place for everything and now is not the time for party and celebration.  We should all be sensitive to this.  

Considering the east coast islands  of Samui, KP and KT are coming into low season / monsoon season. It's not the busiest time anyway for tourists. Keep in mind many tourists come for a quiet relaxing holiday, they don't all come to party 24/7 ...

There is no reason for many people not coming to Thailand... or to cancel their plans.

1 hour ago, claffey said:

I've got platinum true and there are still channels showing movies and documentaries etc. Not many but about 10 - 12 so plenty to watch if your bored.

2 hours ago, kannot said:

Thats  because they have become Thai....conform, obey

Isn't that how one should behave, being a guest?

Accepting differences is part of one's "education" when going to live in another country.

And that is not "going native".

Perhaps some people should read this news report before diving off the deep end with silly comments, of which some obviously have no idea at what they are talking about, or just coming and making troll comments. 

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/949336-tourists-told-that-thailand-open-as-usual-but-expect-some-disruption-to-events-and-entertainment/

1 hour ago, timewilltell said:

Personally I think it would be quite a good idea for tourists to avoid Thailand for the next couple of months. The Thais are deep in loss and need to be given space to come to terms with that.  Given that emotions are so high, is it really sensible for tourists to come here looking to party?  I am sure it will not be welcome to those with businesses here but there is a time and place for everything and now is not the time for party and celebration.  We should all be sensitive to this.  

So the business owners and all their employees who rely on tourists should go without any income for two months??

Don't be ridiculous!

...the motions of 'collecting money from foreigners on any pretext'.....are still operational though...that is the problem....

...as Thais saw with price gouging for black shirts......

....it is a very unpleasant experience....

.....we go though it several times a day....

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Stupid party, why cant the kids party with moderation everyday instead of go full out one night?

You seem out of touch. Kids do party every day, those that like to party, moderately or otherwise, and then go full out one night as well.

So what was the question?

31 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

And in case someone wondered, no, I'm not nostalgic of Woodstock or that other huge thing on the Isle of Wight....

I highly doubt anybody wondered about that.

Before all the poms start crying about what they cant do here in Thailand

Think what England will be like when the Queen passes away

Do you think it will be party central

Please show some respect, a month or 2 without loud music all night long will be a nice thing for some of us

As for no tv, my god what would you losers do, stare at an empty box and cry

Now you can all slag off at me and leave Thailand to mourn a Great Leader

2 hours ago, kannot said:

ah yes but which  books are you now allowed to read........theyve got you hook line and sinker havent they

Go to any new or secondhand bookshop where there are literally tens of thousands of books available.

It would be easier if YOU explained exactly which and how many books you are not allowed to read as you seem to be an expert on the subject.

Archived