Alcohol And Drugs Vacancy

dare

Hi I am living in Thailand at the moment

I have worked intensely in the drugs and alcohol field in the UK for over five years

i have worked in residencal rehab ,day programme worked on the streets of london with street drinker drug users beggars

I have intensive training in this filed and also have a certificate in counseling

I feel I can contribute in a profession and positive way to any treatment centre

Thanks in advance for your reply

Regards Dee dairo

I have worked intensely in the drugs and alcohol field in the UK for over five years

i have worked in residencal rehab ,day programme worked on the streets of london with street drinker drug users beggars

I have intensive training in this filed and also have a certificate in counseling

I feel I can contribute in a profession and positive way to any treatment centre

Regards Dee dairo

Hi dare,

Off topic, but I would be most interested in your views on AA, and how effective that organisation is.

Did you have any exposure to or experience of them?

Thanks

Mobi

Regards Dee dairo

It sounds like you may be able to contribute some useful help for the members of the forum.

Feel free to participate in the discussions here.

If however, you are soliciting for commercial reasons, please contact [email protected].

Regards Dee dairo

Hi dare,

Off topic, but I would be most interested in your views on AA, and how effective that organisation is.

Did you have any exposure to or experience of them?

Thanks

Mobi

Looks that way ....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=75452&hl=

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=50495&hl=

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=75542&hl=

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=33545&hl=

I'd be interested to know too - from someone with lots of experience with drunks on the streets - what's the most successful method that you've seen with them?

Neeranam,

My experience, having spent two years working in an alcohol and drug treatment center in California, is that TREATMENT WORKS! Yes, many people need multiple attempts at treatment before they achieve a stable sobriety. The single attempt success statistics are low, just as they would be with obese people dieting. But you wouldn't tell an obese person that dieting doesn't work because they've tried it twice and they are still heavy. Perserverance, coupled with the progressive nature of the disease, pays off...

Most treatment programs are based on 12-step programs. A minority are based on faith-based programs (various churches or the Salvation Army) which can also be successful. In either case, the active involvement in a community which respects and encourages sobriety is a key to success.

I'm an active member of the society, working over 12 hours most of the days. But I still think that I drink way too much on the few hours left, so this subject interests me very much.

It is good to evaluate the role of alcohol in your life. You don't have to be alcoholic to benefit from a change in your drinking habits. If you are alcoholic, you'll benefit tremendously in your pursuit of sobriety. Keep an open mind...

In either case, the active involvement in a community which respects and encourages sobriety is a key to success.

Spousal and/or family support and understanding is also very much a requisite.

Well, I would say spousal and family support is "desireable", but not a requisite. Recovery is possible, though more difficult, even without it.

This is not a thread about treatment effectiveness. There is already more than one thread on this topic including this one.

Regards Dee dairo

Pls use the classified section if you seek work in Thailand, dare, and best of luck. :o

Edited by sabaijai