May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

52 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Governments that they voted for! Just look at the recent poll reaction to dementia tax and fuel allowance ... the politicians craft policies for votes, and change them when the polls don't look too good. And look how they've all jumped on the Brexit bandwagon, despite thinking that it is a bad idea. Vote for me and I'll tell you it's a great idea. So people who don't like immigration policy throw the younger generations future under the bus ... easy decision to make when it doesn't impact on you negatively. The vast debt burden of the State is really just stealing from the future ... but don't worry, you won't have to deal with it, others will.

And please, no one tell me that Brexit was not about immigration ... without that perceived issue it would never have happened. 

NIGEL Farage has said immigration was the “absolute key” to winning the Brexit vote

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

You can't even accept that others have a different view of the EU from you, typical of those who still can't accept the result of a fair referendum. You think that the consequences of leaving the EU are bad - I think they are good and I have explained why I believe the vote went the way it did. You still can't respond properly but instead just go straight into personal accusations. Now it sounds like you want to remove the right to vote for people over 60, 50, or even 40 perhaps, so that seniors cannot impact the future of the juniors? Is that fair enough? Is it hell!

Thailand has the right to referendums and the right to kick anyone out, I suppose. But it is not in the EU or anything close, is it?

No Thailand is not the EU ... you can own property and don't pay a different price as a foreigner in the EU. As for those that voted for Brexit, I'm fine with their assets being sold to plug the gaps in our healthcare and pay off the state's debts.

Edited by AlexRich

12 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

No Thailand is not the EU ... you can own property and don't pay a different price as a foreigner. As for those that voted for Brexit, I'm fine with their assets being sold to plug the gaps in our healthcare and pay off the state's debts.

How weird and strange you returns are now. No idea what you're garbling on about, so it's almost  beer o'clock early for me. TGIF. 

Edited by nauseus
missed "almost"
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Your visa can say your a "frog" ... but your no different from an Eastern European in the UK ... you are an immigrant. 

No comparison - you are dead wrong (again).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nauseus said:

No comparison - you are dead wrong (again).

You are an immigrant in Thailand, nothing more and nothing less. You don't have voting rights, you don't have the right to own property, and you have to pay dual pricing in some circumstances. You are not Thai, you will never be recognised as on the same level of a Thai. And that's the harsh truth. Eastern europeans in the UK contribute more. 

31 minutes ago, vogie said:

A non immigrant visa is issued to someone wishing to remain in Thailand on a tempory basis, although this facility may be extended. As far as I know Thailand does not do immigrant visas to westerners. And I have checked my visa, it does not say frog.

But most older foreigners are not here on a temporary basis now, are they? The Thais just keep you on a short leash ... signing in every three months, with ever changing rules. An immigrant, but not a particularly welcome one.

9 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

But most older foreigners are not here on a temporary basis now, are they? The Thais just keep you on a short leash ... signing in every three months, with ever changing rules. An immigrant, but not a particularly welcome one.

We are going off topic here, I will just say, you are wrong, older foreigners here are here temporary, but they keep renewing their extension. Same as saying that there 60 million voters in the UK, when there are are only 46 million, sometimes it is better to say it as it is rather than twisting the truth, it will make your posts more credible.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

We are going off topic here, I will just say, you are wrong, older foreigners here are here temporary, but they keep renewing their extension. Same as saying that there 60 million voters in the UK, when there are are only 46 million, sometimes it is better to say it as it is rather than twisting the truth, it will make your posts more credible.

Another tip is not to deliberately misinterpret what someone has written ... sometimes referred too as lying! As no one on here wrote about 60 million voters, that's the only conclusion that can be reached.

Older foreigners here are immigrants on a short leash ... so the Thais can get shot of you whenever the impulse takes them. 

19 hours ago, Khun Han said:

But, if a real brexit happens, we will be getting away from eventual German control of the UK, and all that will come with it. And anybody pretending that this is not the way that the EU is headed is incredibly deluded or actually wants it.

Id say it was the other way around: it is the one who thinks it that is deluded.

20 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Id say it was the other way around: it is the one who thinks it that is deluded.

And herein is a classic example of someone so enamoured with remaining in the EU that they have their head in the sand about where the EU is actually headed. I'm sure that plenty of other posters will have noticed that when questions are asked about inappropriate German involvement/interference in EU process, the forum's remainers always stay silent: they simply have no decent answers to this behaviour by Germany, so they choose to ignore it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

And herein is a classic example of someone so enamoured with remaining in the EU that they have their head in the sand about where the EU is actually headed. I'm sure that plenty of other posters will have noticed that when questions are asked about inappropriate German involvement/interference in EU process, the forum's remainers always stay silent: they simply have no decent answers to this behaviour by Germany, so they choose to ignore it.

That's because nobody knows what you are talking about and neither do I suspect do you.

• Like 1

Posters abilities to twist and distort the facts to suit their prejudices are amazing, but make this and other topics unfollowable if one wants to come to an amicable difference of opinion. 

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Another tip is not to deliberately misinterpret what someone has written ... sometimes referred too as lying! As no one on here wrote about 60 million voters, that's the only conclusion that can be reached.

Older foreigners here are immigrants on a short leash ... so the Thais can get shot of you whenever the impulse takes them. 

I'll give you your due, you are never wrong.

• Like 2

You can assume whatever you like ... I suspect that you are exactly the type I'm referring to ... voting for something with consequences for other people way beyond your own lifetime ... something that, whatever the outcome of the vote, does not negatively impact you in any way. If you live in Thailand you are an immigrant in another country ... perhaps the Thais should have there own referendum and kick you out?

These old folks think of themselves as expats not immigrants. Somehow it's makes them feel more important and self entitled.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, vogie said:

If we are immigrants, why does our visa say 'non immo'?

This was one of the fundamental problems with the brexit campaign, confusion over the terms 'immigrant ' and 'immigration'.

I accept that this is a US distinction but it is about the simplest I have seen. Taking this distinction, as far as the UK is concerned then only those with Indefinite Leave to Remain or EU nationals with permanent residency should be considered as immigrants.

It is another government "own goal". With everything as clear as mud it has led to inflammatory statements like " a city the size of xxxxxxx came to live in the UK last year" without any distinction between immigrants and non immigrants.

An immigrant visa (IV) is issued to a person wishing to live permanently in the U.S.
A nonimmigrant visa (NIV) is issued to a person with permanent residence outside the United States, but wishes to be in the U.S. on a temporary basis for tourism, medical treatment, business, temporary work or study, as examples.Mar 9, 2017

13 hours ago, Khun Han said:

By the way, did anyone (and I mean anyone) come up with an excuse as to why p1sshead goon Juncker flew straight from his key meeting with PM May to debrief Frau Merkel, rather than reporting back to EU HQ and letting Merkel find out about things through the proper channels? Even the remain-supporting Grauniad described this event as being down to Merkel being one of the EU's "leading power brokers". <deleted>?!?!? The EU reports to her before it reports to itself? Wake up sleepers. German cars, engineering products and beer will be off the menu for most of the EU a few years down the line: we'll all just be providing the cheap labour to make such things for Germany. Or else.

By the way, did anyone (and I mean anyone) come up with an excuse as to why p1sshead goon Juncker flew straight from his key meeting with PM May to debrief Frau Merkel, rather than reporting back to EU HQ and letting Merkel find out about things through the proper channels? Even the remain-supporting Grauniad described this event as being down to Merkel being one of the EU's "leading power brokers". ?!?!? The EU reports to her before it reports to itself? Wake up sleepers. German cars, engineering products and beer will be off the menu for most of the EU a few years down the line: we'll all just be providing the cheap labour to make such things for Germany. Or else.

You should see a shrink. Germanophobia is a serious condition.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnyo said:
31 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

By the way, did anyone (and I mean anyone) come up with an excuse as to why p1sshead goon Juncker flew straight from his key meeting with PM May to debrief Frau Merkel, rather than reporting back to EU HQ and letting Merkel find out about things through the proper channels? Even the remain-supporting Grauniad described this event as being down to Merkel being one of the EU's "leading power brokers". ?!?!? The EU reports to her before it reports to itself? Wake up sleepers. German cars, engineering products and beer will be off the menu for most of the EU a few years down the line: we'll all just be providing the cheap labour to make such things for Germany. Or else.

You should see a shrink. Germanophobia is a serious condition.

13 hours ago, Khun Han said:

16 hours ago, AlexRich said:

If you like tips here's another one: posters should not assume that they know the status of other posters nor call them deliberate liars.  

Back on topic, I see that the EU is apparently plotting to scrap any budget rebates from its contributors. 

Edited by nauseus
added word "rebates"
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If you like tips here's another one: posters should not assume that they know the status of other posters nor call them deliberate liars.  

Back on topic, I see that the EU is apparently plotting to scrap any budget rebates from its contributors. 

If that's true, what does that tell you about the state of it's finances once the UK has brexited? And it also explains why it's making it's off-the-scale moon unit claim for a brexit bill. It also shows that it is not terribly optimistic about actually getting any substantial money from said claim.

Fingers crossed that it's globalist media friends can manoevre the hapless Corbyn into a weak coalition so that brexit can be reversed, and then said globalist media can turn on Corbyn after about a year and get a newly compliant Conservative government elected :thumbsup:.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

If that's true, what does that tell you about the state of it's finances once the UK has brexited? And it also explains why it's making it's off-the-scale moon unit claim for a brexit bill. It also shows that it is not terribly optimistic about actually getting any substantial money from said claim.

Fingers crossed that it's globalist media friends can manoevre the hapless Corbyn into a weak coalition so that brexit can be reversed, and then said globalist media can turn on Corbyn after about a year and get a newly compliant Conservative government elected :thumbsup:.

I don't know the truth of the rumour but it is a story on the website (below) and the Daily Express ran a similar line:

http://www.politico.eu/article/oettinger-wants-to-scrap-all-rebates-in-post-brexit-eu-budget/

I thought that you were in favour of Brexit???