May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

Who is we? If Brexit is watered down, I believe it will be your children/grandchildren

who will suffer,due to you selfish Remoaners,putting the interest of yourselves before future generations. But let's Waite and see,so far nothing has been decided.

Terry?

I'd rather not wait and see thank you very much- rather like being on a beach knowing the big wave is coming.

What is comical about all of this (yes, comical) is that had the remoaners pulled together with the Brexiteers accepting that Brexit is a done thing, them our stance in negotiations would have been strengthened immeasurably. 

However, their negative, toys out of the pram, scorched earth policy is what will cause hardship (if any) for us so they only have themselves to blame.

Me? couldn't give a fig. We are out and that means OUT, no more Brussels bureaucracy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Putting back a border has absolutely nothing to do with security issues. Big fat zero. And to suggest otherwise is pure distraction. The current situation is that since both Eire and the UK are in the EU the border is open. The open border makes NI/united Ireland issues go away not permanently but at least into the long grass. Withdrawal from the EU Hard Brexit style brings them back together with new border arrangements. This is the situation which neither the DUP or Sinn Fein are keen to revisit right now. One other issue which the DUP are more than likely to bring up with Government negotiators is the right to march up and down in the August marching season. Keep your eyes on the negotiations not being set in stone until after the forthcoming August schedule.

Who mentioned putting it back? My 'seamless' was supposed to be taken as there won't be one! The island of Ireland will unite several decades from now but I guess that's a different thread...

Edited by evadgib

8 minutes ago, Flustered said:

What is comical about all of this (yes, comical) is that had the remoaners pulled together with the Brexiteers accepting that Brexit is a done thing, them our stance in negotiations would have been strengthened immeasurably. 

However, their negative, toys out of the pram, scorched earth policy is what will cause hardship (if any) for us so they only have themselves to blame.

Me? couldn't give a fig. We are out and that means OUT, no more Brussels bureaucracy.

The Tory party itself is divided.

Why would you expect support from remainers, when it is obvious the PM is seeking a so called hard Brexit?

And, as we know, there really has been no option for a soft Brexit all along, has there?  That wasn't on the label!

• Like 1

Just now, mommysboy said:

Why would you expect support from remainers, when it is obvious the PM is seeking a so called hard Brexit?

Thanks for confirming my statement about a negative approach.

Toys out of the pram, hissy fits etc. sums up the Bremoaners.

Had everyone pulled together, we could have walked away from the EU with the best of all worlds instead of the unknown.

Well done Bremoaners.....Cut your noses off to spite your faces.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Thanks for confirming my statement about a negative approach.

Toys out of the pram, hissy fits etc. sums up the Bremoaners.

Had everyone pulled together, we could have walked away from the EU with the best of all worlds instead of the unknown.

Well done Bremoaners.....Cut your noses off to spite your faces.

I am not necessarily a remainer- I just like financial sanity!

Anyone who disagrees with the hard right is a snowflake, right? 

People will only pull together when a cause is noble and right.

'Cutting your nose off': that's rich!

Also, the deal you are so sore about missing through remainer obstruction: well, it just never existed did it?

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Anyone wondering why i took a back seat, other than to post the occasional link..?

206636171_0021c26a2e_m.jpg

Perhaps you would like to give an example where I have used some such term in respect of Brexiters. I gave a specific example of someone who took exception to being referred to as a "numpty" but is quite happy to refer to Remainers along with several others here by some pejorative term. I am surprised you didn't come out with. "you started it"

55 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Perhaps you would like to give an example where I have used some such term in respect of Brexiters. I gave a specific example of someone who took exception to being referred to as a "numpty" but is quite happy to refer to Remainers along with several others here by some pejorative term. I am surprised you didn't come out with. "you started it"

Nah; can't be bovvered ?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Flustered said:

Last time I looked we were most definitely in ... and you might want to think a second about why May failed to get her landslide? It might have something to do with not taking into consideration the "whole" nation's concerns and priorities, that would have been a sure fire way of getting the nation behind her ... instead she went with the 17m and effectively told the rest of us to get stuffed. You can't expect the nation to get behind something when no consideration is given to either their concerns or opinions. The only Tory talking sense publicly is Phillip Hammond ... his approach would get my support, but not May's. And if the exit bill is deemed too high and the deal that goes with it is poor you might find that "the people" will get a say on it ... and in 2019 that's a very worrying prospect for the likes of you ... as the support for Brexit will have diminished.

No one predicted May's diabolical showing at the general election, so don't be so sure that you are home and dry on Brexit.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Orac said:

Even Her Maj is taking the michael out of TM doing her speech in a hat modelled on the EU flag!

IMG_0009.JPG

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/queens-speech-today-latest-updates-dennis-skinner-jokes-skates-black-rod-a7800511.html

Dennis Skinner on form! 

Tells Black Rod to "get yer skates on, first race is at 2.30"!

For non Brits The Queen is very keen on the races and it's Ascot this week. She must be pissed off at Theresa for making her come to  the House of Lords today!

(Black Rod

http://www.parliament.uk/about/mps-and-lords/principal/black-rod/)

Edited by Grouse
Education
  • Like 1

I note the Tories ( my iPhone keeps changing it to stories!) are still forging ahead with tax cuts for the wealthy and businesses. No comfort for nurses or the NHS generally. Looks like the 6.5P school breakfast for kids is dead. Too expensive? I didn't know kedgeree was so expensive! Maybe it was kippers?

• Like 2

I think the Brexiteers and the remainers should meet for a face to face discussion. It is the summer solstice after all.

May I suggest Salisbury plain at dawn?

I'll be wearing a red carnation and carrying a copy of the FT

I'll be driving a Leopard 2. My Porsche is not so good off road.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I think the Brexiteers and the remainers should meet for a face to face discussion. It is the summer solstice after all.

May I suggest Salisbury plain at dawn?

I'll be wearing a red carnation and carrying a copy of the FT

I'll be driving a Leopard 2. My Porsche is not so good off road.

...a reminder to never use the spring loaded  remote telephone attached to one of ours hoping to give the blokes inside something to fire at. If you do and they let one go you'll do more cartwheels than a premier league footballer and will think everyone is talking via a scaffolding tube for the next 36 hours! 

That was for the pair that wanted something useful ?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Flustered said:

Sure, all TM needed was a mandate then the EU would have granted all the UK's wishes. :passifier:

Let me guess, when the UK ends up with a worse trade deal with the EU because of Brexit .....it will be the remainers to blame and not the numpties who voted to leave?

Edited by onthesoi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Let me guess, when the UK ends up with a worse trade deal with the EU because of Brexit .....it will be the remainers to blame and not the numpties who voted to leave?

that goes without saying! :laugh:

• Like 1