May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes the police would respond because they have the best judicial system in the EU and  others copy it. The Police and the Prison system is amazing and for me, a bit too liberal. I know I worked in it. British vulgar you sir need to know your roots, culture and your creed, You quite rightly complain about Islam but blame the UK for its increased  acceptance.

The Hitler bit I thought I wouldn't need to explain especially with you good intelligence.

Hitler and the German people actually hated the rest of Europe. French. Polish. Greeks. The UK always supported them and their independence. Maybe you should read a few more books  and understand this.

Hitler admired the British

British vulgarity is indeed embrassing wherever one goes. 

Sorry, but that's the truth....

18 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I can see your anti British but if your house is burgled, or you have been assaulted you will hope the  British Judiciary will take care of you. Don't worry they will. That's what they do. Luckily I was part of that. But they also realiase that the integration of the EU  is eroding this.  You can come with your anti UK rhetoric but most of Europe feels the same way. Claiming that the UK people are anti European just shows your lack of understanding.

Apparently Hitler was accused of the same in the 1930s

Out of all the European peoples, the ones I have the biggest issues with  (generalising, of course) are Germans and French. I usually like and get on well with Germans, though some of their ingrained traits are anti-social and quite loutish at times: pushing to the front of queues; hogging public amenities; staring rudely (my wife always feels particularly uncomfortable around German strangers on holiday in Europe). The French, at times, appear not to like themselves, never mind anybody else. It's like Catholicism on steroids.

Of course, us Brits have traits that are unappealing to other nationalities. Every nation does. One of the most bizarre I've come across was being berated by the off duty restaurant manager at our hotel in Israel for offering to buy him a drink in a round I was buying (he'd joined us for conversation at the bar): "What is it with you Brits and buying drinks for everyone? No thanks." (said in an angry voice!!!).

Maybe all this talking down one's own nation is a manifestation of self-loathing?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Out of all the European peoples, the ones I have the biggest issues with  (generalising, of course) are Germans and French. I usually like and get on well with Germans, though some of their ingrained traits are anti-social and quite loutish at times: pushing to the front of queues; hogging public amenities; staring rudely (my wife always feels particularly uncomfortable around German strangers on holiday in Europe). The French, at times, appear not to like themselves, never mind anybody else. It's like Catholicism on steroids.

Of course, us Brits have traits that are unappealing to other nationalities. Every nation does. One of the most bizarre I've come across was being berated by the off duty restaurant manager at our hotel in Israel for offering to buy him a drink in a round I was buying (he'd joined us for conversation at the bar): "What is it with you Brits and buying drinks for everyone? No thanks." (said in an angry voice!!!).

Maybe all this talking down one's own nation is a manifestation of self-loathing?

Mr Generalising Of Course.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes the police would respond because they have the best judicial system in the EU and  others copy it. The Police and the Prison system is amazing and for me, a bit too liberal. I know I worked in it. British vulgar you sir need to know your roots, culture and your creed, You quite rightly complain about Islam but blame the UK for its increased  acceptance.

The Hitler bit I thought I wouldn't need to explain especially with you good intelligence.

Hitler and the German people actually hated the rest of Europe. French. Polish. Greeks. The UK always supported them and their independence. Maybe you should read a few more books  and understand this.

But maybe not the comics you read.

• Like 1

Maybe UK might have a future in health warnings,

I mean if RR and aircraft production and a few other bits and pieces go down the d..

Bought some cans of Krombacher Pils at a Villa Market shop today.

This beer is imported in cans from Germany.

At the back of the can was a fairly large label with the following text:

UK Health Departments

recommend men do

not regularly exceed

3-4 units daily,

and women

2-3 units daily

Not bad on a can of beer from Merkelland imported to LoS.

No hint of what a unit is though.

Maybe UK could charge extra for explaining what a unit is after brexit.

11 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

I mean if RR and aircraft production and a few other bits and pieces go down the d..

UK Health Departments

recommend men do

not regularly exceed

3-4 units daily,

and women

2-3 units daily

Google is very helpful to me and in turn I will help you.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol-facts/alcoholic-drinks-units/what-is-an-alcohol-unit/

There are more threads if you wish to look for them.

11 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

UK Health Departments

recommend men do

not regularly exceed

3-4 units daily,

and women

2-3 units daily

Yes, consumption of cans is bad for you, but beer is OK. 

8 hours ago, Grouse said:

4 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

about time the lady and the guys get their act together

The sorry state of the UK negotiating positions and internal discord is the only show in town. Focus on this rather than the forum Brexiteer anti-German broken record trying to drown out the current situation. Living in the past seems to be a habit with these guys.

I disagree and think the main "show in town" is the EU's refusal to discuss anything until their unknown (apart from the ECJ having dominance over Brit. courts?) 'terms for negotiation' have been 'met'.....  Exactly how much financially will satisfy them?  Exactly what are their requirements for the North/South Irish border?

Which only proves that those 'leave' voters concerned about the EU turning into a dictatorship had/have a valid point.

Meanwhile, we have a Brit. parliament (of whom the vast majority supported 'remain') worrying about how they can be re-elected unless they pretend to support the referendum result, and so looking to sow discord by continually focusing on said discord - and most of the MSM doing exactly the same thing.

But I do agree that this topic is also being 'hijacked' by those preferring to ignore the EU's intransigence and dictatorial attitude - in favour of the discord amongst Brit. MPs who, as previously mentioned, desperately want to remain a member of the profligate EU, as it is in their financial interest.

Not sure anyone is ignoring the issues here.

Before the referendum many of us mentioned that it would not be straightforward getting a deal from the EU - even Brexit the Movie made the argument that the EU was protectionist against non-members which is where we are heading. As for the poor quality of the current crop of politicians and the divisiveness of the press, these are hardly new problems and some of us took issues into account when we voted.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

I disagree and think the main "show in town" is the EU's refusal to discuss anything until their unknown (apart from the ECJ having dominance over Brit. courts?) 'terms for negotiation' have been 'met'.....  Exactly how much financially will satisfy them?  Exactly what are their requirements for the North/South Irish border?

Which only proves that those 'leave' voters concerned about the EU turning into a dictatorship had/have a valid point.

Meanwhile, we have a Brit. parliament (of whom the vast majority supported 'remain') worrying about how they can be re-elected unless they pretend to support the referendum result, and so looking to sow discord by continually focusing on said discord - and most of the MSM doing exactly the same thing.

But I do agree that this topic is also being 'hijacked' by those preferring to ignore the EU's intransigence and dictatorial attitude - in favour of the discord amongst Brit. MPs who, as previously mentioned, desperately want to remain a member of the profligate EU, as it is in their financial interest.

Mr Not Really Ever Sat On The Fence steps forth. And the usual nonsense about intransigence. And the usual blind eye re UK disarray. Just parrots the Hard Brexiteers sitting on his shoulder.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

If only your comprehension and discourse abilities were as large (apparently) as your ears..... :shock1:

It's always a problem when you have a retail mind in a wholesale business.

16 hours ago, aright said:

It's always a problem when you have a retail mind in a wholesale business.

Not that the forum Hard Brexiteers are really interested in business. The sharp end is nationalism and immigration. The soft end is trite economics.

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

A Hard Brexit should send sterling soaring. :cheesy:

No one knows for certain.it's certainly possible that in the short time it Could go low, however in the medium time it's possible for it to go higher.

as for your assertion that Brexit was all about nationalism and immigration, for some maybe. For others it was about our own destiny, sovereignty and democracy. 

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, nontabury said:

No one knows for certain.it's certainly possible that in the short time it Could go low, however in the medium time it's possible for it to go higher.

as for your assertion that Brexit was all about nationalism and immigration, for some maybe. For others it was about our own determination, sovereignty and democracy. 

I've little doubt that if the UK actually says 'we are leaving in '19' - sterling will fall further for a short period of time.

After that, it's up to UK politicians/bureaucracy to make agreements with other countries.

Personally, I've no faith in either :laugh: - but at least the uncertainty will end and businesses can start planning for the future, with the added bonus that they will put even more pressure (on both sides) to reach an acceptable trade agreement - again, for both sides.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I've little doubt that if the UK actually says 'we are leaving in '19' - sterling will fall further for a short period of time.

After that, it's up to UK politicians/bureaucracy to make agreements with other countries.

Personally, I've no faith in either :laugh: - but at least the uncertainty will end and businesses can start planning for the future, with the added bonus that they will put even more pressure (on both sides) to reach an acceptable trade agreement - again, for both sides.

I share your lack of faith.

I don't know DD, very unwise to set sail on a leaky ship.

On 10/18/2017 at 4:10 PM, brexiteer said:

Forgive me, I have been away for a while......

Has the Pound reached parity with the US Dollar and EURO yet.

On 10/18/2017 at 5:41 PM, Jip99 said:

Not yet....?

That was one of several Project Fear/Remoaner predictions that didn’t come close to happening.

I think there is potential downside risk not yet in the markets. That for me is a message to continue hedging away from sterling. Others can make their own arrangements or not as the case may be.

• Like 1