PM Prayut appeals to the people to have trust in him

webfact

2 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

I will have "trust" in Prayut when he and his generals meet a fate similar to Saddam Hussein. Overthrowing a democratically elected government is treason. He can make his appeal for trust as he stands on the scaffold.

Does that mean you want the US to take out him and his regime in an illegitimate and ill-advised war?  Pretty misguided analogy if you ask me.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, jacksam said:

I think the PM is doing a good job in a country that has been a political basket case. 

but you cant vote................not that it makes any difference if you can

5 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

It's not trust of the laws that's the problem it's how they are applied and in Thailand it's all too often for a select group or individual rather than the common good and the junta is as complicit in this as any other govt.

Despite the PM and his cronies high moral stance they have a lot to answer for. I won't say a lot to explain away as transparency isn't really their thing.

The problem is the concept of transparency has to be defined to know that it doesn't mean you can't see anything.

43 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

Does that mean you want the US to take out him and his regime in an illegitimate and ill-advised war?  Pretty misguided analogy if you ask me.

I would like to see the USA stay on its side of the ocean. They are unlikely to intervene in any country which has no oil.

35 minutes ago, kannot said:

but you cant vote.......USA......not that it makes any d ifference if you can

Sounds like usa. well you can vote but makes no difference as no one to vote for. Perhaps usa Could invade thailand and fix up the problems here.....

1 hour ago, jacksam said:

Sounds like usa. well you can vote but makes no difference as no one to vote for. Perhaps usa Could invade thailand and fix up the problems here.....

Ive yet to see the US  army chuck out those voted in democratically in their own country

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Didn't he take over in a military coup and didn't he throw away the constitution?  Isn't that considered disregarding the laws of the land?

Sadly to the winner go the spoils. When you have a big army behind you with big guns that makes you the winner de facto. I guess that is the part he wants us to understand. Its been that way all through history. If this is an attempt to show his more mellow side he has failed. Its best he sit in government house or wherever and not say anything. I leave you with the following quote.  Its from a book called "The Rise of Serfdom. 

Truth must die so propaganda lives.

Edited by elgordo38

5 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

I will have "trust" in Prayut when he and his generals meet a fate similar to Saddam Hussein. Overthrowing a democratically elected government is treason. He can make his appeal for trust as he stands on the scaffold.

Being an elected government and then refusing to obey the law and handing control to a convicted fugitive criminal is pretty close to treason isn't it. A sort of coup by puppet control.

3 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

This guy just cannot keep his mouth shut! If you have nothing to say, keep quiet. As for how other countries see Thailand, they already have seen him for what he is! 

Doesn't seem to stop them queuing up to do deals though does it?

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Didn't Prayut denigrate PM Yingluck's handling of the flood and its results?

Well she did go out in her helicopter (the one in the fleet without lights and radar) and her designer wellies for a few photo ops. 

More than she ever did as the rice scheme self appointed chair.

For sure we can trust him:

- he always honours his words (I will not make a coup, I will organise elections in 2015, I don't intend to stay in power)

- and is known for taking responsibilities (while granting himself full amnesty)

:)

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Being an elected government and then refusing to obey the law and handing control to a convicted fugitive criminal is pretty close to treason isn't it. A sort of coup by puppet control.

Pretty Close to treason isn't treason.

Staging a coup is.

18 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Thailand is probably lucky that the General is at the helm with the very sad recent events.

There are factions waiting to take this country into anarchy (again) & maybe , just maybe 

his strength with the Army backing may avoid just that

id  say it needs anarchy

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Thailand is probably lucky that the General is at the helm with the very sad recent events.

There are factions waiting to take this country into anarchy (again) & maybe , just maybe 

his strength with the Army backing may avoid just that

Coup is anarchy. What can be worse than that. In fact, anything that can happen will be better than a coup. 

"...refrain from fighting one another, saying that such fight, when reported by foreign media, will leave a bad impression among foreigners towards the country."

Dirty liar. This is about controlling the Thai population, easier when they are docile and not fired up by politics.

His regime doesn't care about what foreigners think after foreigners have refused to accept his authenticity. By far the biggest aspect of this lie though is the fact many countries have political in-fighting and it doesn't affect their reputation as he is claiming, whereas social media showing old ladies being kicked in the head, or Prayuth's own despicable comments about foreign women, or a thousand other examples of Thai immorality, greed and selfishness most definitely do affect the country's reputation and quite rightly so too, long may it continue and prosper - unlike him.

33 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Coup is anarchy. What can be worse than that. In fact, anything that can happen will be better than a coup. 

I think after watching a former Ambassador to Thailand  the opinion outside is a lull  for about six months then the factions will start to move, how this will be done is anybody's guess but generally the military are up to all sorts of skullduggery,  the new comer ( if u get my drift) is respected only in a small group .............................................:coffee1:

Prayut: trust me.

Almost as "funny" as the last speech of East Germany's much feared Stasi (state security) chief before the system toppled:

I love you all.

I love all mankind.

Big laughter was the response :cheesy:

12 hours ago, jacksam said:

I think the PM is doing a good job in a country that has been a political basket case. 

You are right !   How dare those people in the countryside think they can just vote for anyone they like.   He has taken Thailand back to a much simpler, far less complicated time where the citizens just do as they are told.  He has shown them the beauty of peace without need of silly things like a say in government, freedom of speech, job opportunities, a future,,,

9 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Well she did go out in her helicopter (the one in the fleet without lights and radar) and her designer wellies for a few photo ops. 

Apparently that alone might have been enough to impress Prayut.

Looking at photos of her in the flooded areas, he might be ashamed of his own relunctance to get down and wet.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=yingluck+in+flood+areas&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiv5_iK8_jPAhUPQLwKHeY-BLcQ7AkIKg&biw=1184&bih=636