the best pizza of my life

logon1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they still cutting the large ones in squares as if for children? And is it so soggy in the middle that you can't hold a square without it flopping over like a piece of wet fish? 

Flavor has always been there, but crusts of baby-food and cut in squares? Not. 

1 hour ago, Rob13 said:

Pics or it didn't happen

This forum is odd. It seems nobody ever posts pics of anything. Not sure why this is as everybody has a phone on them these days. lol The guy took a picture of the receipt and not the pizza. 

To the person who doesn't know any better many pizzerias in the USA cut it in squares. This is done with thinner crust pizzas and is representative of a Chicago style thin crust. Usually what happens is people fight for the crust pieces with the molten brown cheese. 

Just now, anotheruser said:

This forum is odd. It seems nobody ever posts pics of anything. Not sure why this is as everybody has a phone on them these days. lol The guy took a picture of the receipt and not the pizza. 

To the person who doesn't know any better many pizzerias in the USA cut it in squares. This is done with thinner crust pizzas and is representative of a Chicago style thin crust. Usually what happens is people fight for the crust pieces with the molten brown cheese. 

"as everybody has a phone on them these days".

I don't carry a camera phone that connects to the internet, I use a simple 3G phone that has no internet capabilities, that way I don't spend all my time time looking at sh*t when I could be doing something useful, like talking to people face to face during the most of the day rather than surfing whilst eating, walking, taking a dump, driving, etc etc.

BUT, I did happen to keep the receipt from the Dukes, just to prove I wasn't being supportive without a reason. :post-4641-1156694572:

2 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

I guess it is also an age thing somewhat. On "younger" forums the posts contain a higher level of pics. In fact you get a lot of grief if you post about what you bought or your dinner with no pics. 

I accept that's the way it is but I confess I never understood why.

Just now, chiang mai said:

I accept that's the way it is but I confess I never understood why.

How so? For example go to the food thread I made in western food section. What posts stick out the most and are most interesting? The ones with pics right? Go to any website that shows a menu, you will more likely than not go to eat at the place that has pictures of the food. Any review of food normally is accompanied by pictures. 

1 minute ago, anotheruser said:

How so? For example go to the food thread I made in western food section. What posts stick out the most and are most interesting? The ones with pics right? Go to any website that shows a menu, you will more likely than not go to eat at the place that has pictures of the food. Any review of food normally is accompanied by pictures. 

Right, that does it, I'm convinced.

I'm off out now to buy a 4G phone with a camera so I can photograph all my meals before I eat them and share them with everyone I know, it sounds like a pukka idea!

Assume Dukes is desperate. I m fairly new here but it seems like almost every week someone is posting about how good dukes pizzas are. Perhaps the owners mates are being asked to post and eulogise his stuff?

For the record, I ve had "great pizzas" recently at Viva Pizza, a great little place near Hangdong, and also at Street Pizza on Thapae Road.

It doesnt take a feat of engineering or Stephen Hawking to make a good Pizza!

Just now, EL159 said:

Assume Dukes is desperate. I m fairly new here but it seems like almost every week someone is posting about how good dukes pizzas are. Perhaps the owners mates are being asked to post and eulogise his stuff?

For the record, I ve had "great pizzas" recently at Viva Pizza, a great little place near Hangdong, and also at Street Pizza on Thapae Road.

It seems to in Thailand. I assume you can make restaurant quality pizza right?

3 minutes ago, EL159 said:

"every week someone is posting about how good dukes pizzas are", could it be, perhaps, maybe, it's because they are good? Nah, too simple of an answer obviously!

"It doesnt take a feat of engineering or Stephen Hawking to make a good Pizza!" - I wouldn't be too sure about that, you did say you are fairly new here!

8 minutes ago, EL159 said:

It does if you're limited to locally available (and affordable) ingredients.

Anyone could make a great pizza if you can sell it for $75.

Edit:  But even then, a lot of places flop anyway.

Edited by impulse

27 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

I guess it is also an age thing somewhat. On "younger" forums the posts contain a higher level of pics. In fact you get a lot of grief if you post about what you bought or your dinner with no pics. 

In some cases true.

I've asked my uni students several times to show me some of their food pics on their smartphones. Then, deliberately I ask them the name of the restaurant, who was there and the date.

On most occasions they can't answer any of the questions. I then ask an obvious question, 'then why did you take photos of the food'. They can't answer. Except for one girl who, after quite a few seconds said 'because all my friends do it'. 

If someone liked the food enough to start a thread about it; I want to see a photo of  it. A pictures worth a thousand words and all that.

Plus, I've had the Duke's pizzas. They're good but not enough for me to talk about it afterwardss. I'm wondering if maybe they've improved, iin which case I want to see if it's worth a trip down there.