Huge force expected in Pattaya as Bali Hai clearout approaches

webfact

2 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

Don't see the problem, most of those boats can float so why not use the sea for parking?

No they don't. They are made of very cheap commercial plywood if

you leave them in the water for more than 72 hours they will just sink as they also don't have any buoyancy compartment.

Edited by Boatfreak

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good riddance, like anywhere here where packs of unlawful locals take over, they form scum that should be washed away.

some of these actions are bout the only thing good happening since the coup

i like to cycle along beach fronts (much cooler) and almost every place has been overtaken by illegal encroachment on PUBLIC land

Fantastic news! I gave up driving from downtown Pattaya, to Pratumnak Hill in daytime, via  Bali Hai and that coast road, as the guys on tractors towing the boats seem so aggressive! They just drive straight at you, and leave boats all over the place so you can't pass. Got into a difficult situation along there a couple of times and decided it wasn't worth the risk.

That road with its fancy railings and lighting, and with such a view of Pattaya Bay and city, should be a major tourist attraction, but it's just a puddled & pot-holed mess. 

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Yes civil war. Fighting over the very valuable sea front land.

You are closer to the truth than you actually imagine.

It will be interesting to see what happens to that space when the dust settles and the public's 5 minute attention span wanders off elsewhere.

Yes that area have been an eyesore for a long time, nice to see the army doing something about it.

If the weather is okay here in the weekend we might ride though and see for ourselves how it looks without boats and the not so friendly dudes that take care of them.

Yes they could build a very nice walk promenade there so you can walk all the way from walking street to Jomtien. Also a proper marina perhaps? Super yachts paying a high fee for mooring there, better than the thugs speedboat dudes that now eventually seems to be forced out.

21 hours ago, BoonToong said:

Where in Jomtien is the alternative area? Anyone know?

Apparently the nice men in green have found a  14 rai site on Soi Gorpai with space for 500  boats to park   only trouble is its 5 KM's away from the newly designated boat launching ramp at Soi 11 Jomtien beach !  ( no more launching or landing speed boats at Bali Hai )

they expect a few  problems with this arrangement but call for public understanding of the problem.

Edited by johng

20 minutes ago, johng said:

Apparently the nice men in green have found a  14 rai site on Soi Gorpai with space for 500 for boats to park   only trouble is its 5 KM's away from the newly designated boat launching ramp at Soi 11 Jomtien beach !  (

Up to 500 boats and trailers driving 5km through what is already far too much traffic? That wont be pretty.

28 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

That wont be pretty.

It'll pretty much cause total gridlock..maybe the boat owners could take a more scenic route past city hall and make it a day trip,

I'm pretty sure  "the public will understand the problem" after that.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Apparently the nice men in green have found a  14 rai site on Soi Gorpai with space for 500  boats to park   only trouble is its 5 KM's away from the newly designated boat launching ramp at Soi 11 Jomtien beach !  ( no more launching or landing speed boats at Bali Hai )

they expect a few  problems with this arrangement but call for public understanding of the problem.

If you mean Soi Khopai (a.k.a. Threppasit 6) then it is Pattaya not Jomtien. The only area of land that might be suitable is that behind Aksorn college presently used as a driving school! Advantage of using this area is that traffic speed on Threppasit would slow from Formula 1 to Snail pace during the boat to/fro period.

9 minutes ago, Keesters said:

Advantage of using this area is that traffic speed on Threppasit would slow from Formula 1 to Snail pace during the boat to/fro period.

An armada of boat trailers driving through the traffic chaos at dusk to some place in Pattaya or even Jomtien.

THAT will be fun :shock1:

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 minutes ago, performance said:

new cave for the crooks has been provided

Having to transport their boats 5km to launch and 5 kms back every day will be very difficult for these speed boat operators

also the new parking place is charging parking fee  of 1000 baht for single engine boats and 2000 thousand for 2 engine boats  doesn't say if its a one off payment or weekly/monthly or yearly

movement of boats only allowed between  20-00h to 05-00h

11 minutes ago, johng said:

Having to transport their boats 5km to launch and 5 kms back every day will be very difficult for these speed boat operators

also the new parking place is charging parking fee  of 1000 baht for single engine boats and 2000 thousand for 2 engine boats  doesn't say if its a one off payment or weekly/monthly or yearly

movement of boats only allowed between  20-00h to 05-00h

Give it a year or two and the lot will be stored on Jomtiem beach.

wonderful.

They wont want to pay the transport cost or the fees and general laziness will see to it all.

22 hours ago, Basil B said:

Maybe they are worried about the the boats getting damaged when the blowdown the building in the background...:tongue:

Since the main investor in that white elephant has walked away and written it off, clearing the area ahead of an orderly demolition would seem appropriate.

26 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

i wonder how many of the speed boat operators take their boats out of the water at night or do they just keep them moored at anchor off shore

I don't know the answer, but I have had my boat sink when the wind shifted overnight and sent waves lapping over the transom, filling her up.  Fortunately, mine was on a lake in a foot of water and I woke up in time to hop in and plow my way to the dock/ramp where I pulled her out, let her drain and kept her on the trailer at night from then on.  Lesson learned.

It's different in a sheltered boat dock, but most speedboats aren't designed to withstand open water unattended.  Too much can go wrong if the wind shifts.

i wonder how many of the speed boat operators take their boats out of the water at night or do they just keep them moored at anchor off shore

I would say most of them take their boats out overnight because otherwise they might sink, the never opened "marina" at Bali hai was supposed to solve the problem by lifting the speed boats clear of the water with floating pontoons all of which are now stacked up on the shoreline.1477719778599.jpg.7fad819fa16d1482cadadd

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I don't know the answer, but I have had my boat sink when the wind shifted overnight and sent waves lapping over the transom, filling her up.  Fortunately, mine was on a lake in a foot of water and I woke up in time to hop in and plow my way to the dock/ramp where I pulled her out, let her drain and kept her on the trailer at night from then on.  Lesson learned.

l

It's different in a sheltered boat dock, but most speedboats aren't designed to withstand open water unattended.  Too much can go wrong if the wind shifts.

yeah.  my dad kept his little money pit that I kept funding in the water in back of our place in Florida.  Several electrical problems, dead battery, bilge pump failure, rain and wave action and it went down .  Not to mention the human element that removed the two kicker motors I kept giving him as christmas gifts