Overpricing Lotto Vendor Nicked

webfact

Overpricing Lotto Vendor Nicked

By Digital Admin -

over-priced-lotto-3.jpg?fit=1772,1181

PATTAYA: -- At 3pm, on the afternoon of October 30, a Banglamung police team went to investigate a group of Lottery Ticket vendors in front of Petchthong 99, South Pattaya Road.

Reports had been received that several vendors were selling tickets in excess of the legal price and so they sent undercover officers in to find out what was going on. Out of a group of vendors most were selling tickets at a fair price, but one of them, fifty-eight year old Mr Boonchu Teerawat, was found to be charging in excess of 100 baht.

During questioning he claimed only to be an employee of the owner of a nearby gold-shop and he was ‘only doing as he was told.’

He has been charged with ‘selling overpriced lottery tickets’ and sent to Pattaya police station. He now faces a 10,000 baht fine and/or one month in prison.

Twenty-nine year old Mr Sufarayo Yako was also arrested and 2,700 illegal lottery tickets were confiscated. he has admitted to selling unofficial lottery tickets.

Report by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/overpricing-lotto-vendor-nicked/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-10-31

Yet last night I saw Russian women working on Walking Street, almost certainly without work permits (usually a "BIG SHOCK" headline bust)  close to three lazy officials playing on their i phones, yet nobody "rushed" to arrest them. Is it just business as usual for scams and bribes in the city since the last lot of robbers left?

4 hours ago, sharecropper said:

Yet last night I saw Russian women working on Walking Street, almost certainly without work permits (usually a "BIG SHOCK" headline bust)  close to three lazy officials playing on their i phones, yet nobody "rushed" to arrest them. Is it just business as usual for scams and bribes in the city since the last lot of robbers left?

In your home country I imagine crime has been eradicated? Drugs no longer being sold? Pickpockets a distant memory? No home break ins, no public drunkenness, no graffiti, no littering, no jay walking, no one having sex outside of marriage ... Probably because the police worked tirelessly 24/7, were ever-vigilant and never turned a blind eye nor received a little "bonus" for ignoring what was going on? And especially no civic minded citizens aghast at idle public servants.  What a wonderful place it must be. 

7 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Another example of great "team" work and another dangerous criminal taken off of the streets. 

Quite right.

Start with the greedy b4stards at the bottom and let the message filter up.

30 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

In your home country I imagine crime has been eradicated? Drugs no longer being sold? Pickpockets a distant memory? No home break ins, no public drunkenness, no graffiti, no littering, no jay walking, no one having sex outside of marriage ... Probably because the police worked tirelessly 24/7, were ever-vigilant and never turned a blind eye nor received a little "bonus" for ignoring what was going on? And especially no civic minded citizens aghast at idle public servants.  What a wonderful place it must be. 

Why is my country relevant. I'm talking about Walking Street, Pattaya, Thailand here.

2 hours ago, joskeshake said:

last week i took as usual 4 lottery tickets in front of Friendship en to my suprise they charged me 90 bath/piece.This is in front of a supermaket, so i think police dont care when nobody complains.

I wouldn't pay. If nobody paid their 90 baht price they would soon go back to 80 baht.

5 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Another example of great "team" work and another dangerous criminal taken off of the streets. 

If the  warning is  heeded,  it is  sufficient.  Or would the devotion of the  entire  Thai Police Force to locate  and re install  your social  sense  of equilibrium be satisfactory? :)

I had one the other.day. I asked him how much and said 100 baht. Told him only 80 baht and he said no. so I sent him on his way. Don't these sellers know it's illegal to sell them at a higher price?

And it was not that I was just a frang as I had my Tgf with me.

5 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

I had one the other.day. I asked him how much and said 100 baht. Told him only 80 baht and he said no. so I sent him on his way. Don't these sellers know it's illegal to sell them at a higher price?

And it was not that I was just a frang as I had my Tgf with me.

Also, it is not as if there is a shortage of vendors!

15 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

At least in my home country it doesn't happen in plain sight of officials.

For example, I understand that e-cigarettes are prohibited in Thailand, but on the weekend market on Thepprasit there is a large booth selling them within 10 meters from the police booth.

Any other apologist remarks? Let them come.

17 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

I believe the poster is talking about Thailand and not his home country. I try to stay focused on my adopted county of residence, which is Thailand, if the topic is the same country.

15 hours ago, roger101 said:

I wouldn't pay. If nobody paid their 90 baht price they would soon go back to 80 baht.

I didn't pay also, I give back the tickets and he was angry because they were not stapled anymore.I just walked away.