Hong Kong Tourist Robbed by Two Women in Pattaya

webfact

Hong Kong Tourist Robbed by Two Women in Pattaya

By Digital Admin -

pickpocket-2-hong-kong-women-1.jpg?fit=1

PATTAYA: -- At 11pm, on the night of October 30, Pattaya police were called to a robbery in Soi Central Pattaya 15, Pattaya.

There a statement was given by forty-five-year old Hong Kong national Mr Tat Fai Li, who was speaking through a translator.

He told officers that he was on his way back to the Grand Bella Hotel, located at the end of the Soi, when he was approached by two women (he thinks) on a white Honda Wave motor cycle.

The women asked him to go with them for sex and he declined. He says that one of them then snatched his wallet from his back pocket and the pair fled on the motor cycle.

Mr Li claims he has lost 2000 baht, CNY 500 and HK$6000, a total of around 30,000 baht.

He said he had been previously warned about snatch robberies in Pattaya.

Officers radioed an alert to others around town but the suspects have escaped. CCTV footage will now be examined in an attempt to identify them or their motorbike.

Report by Pattaya One News Team

Full story: http://pattayaone.news/en/hong-kong-tourist-robbed-two-women-pattaya/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-10-31

...someone say 2 tourists 5 minutes apart.....announce that they had been robbed....

...one had to catch a fight back.....

...they each had to go to the police i station in the jurisdiction of the crime....

...an ordeal unto itself.....

...bottom line...there are probably 1-2 dozen foreigners...if not more...robbed daily.....

....and it will never be reported...and we will never know about it....

...jeez.....

Its part of tourist attraction....I really want to see how ladyboys rob you...It can't be that simple...common...You have sex with me...NO...then snatch your wallet or chain...1,2,3...Its harder to get a freelancer here

Since, last two days, I'm walking the usual hunting places of robbery past 1 AM beach road and no one is approaching me...I'm keeping my wallet out, chain out but with ZERO money...just to experience ladyboy snatching ...I don't believe it can be that simple...

When you are out to get robbed with no money in wallet...no one robs you...strange...:stoner:

3 hours ago, starchild5 said:

Its part of tourist attraction....I really want to see how ladyboys rob you...It can't be that simple...common...You have sex with me...NO...then snatch your wallet or chain...1,2,3...Its harder to get a freelancer here

Since, last two days, I'm walking the usual hunting places of robbery past 1 AM beach road and no one is approaching me...I'm keeping my wallet out, chain out but with ZERO money...just to experience ladyboy snatching ...I don't believe it can be that simple...

When you are out to get robbed with no money in wallet...no one robs you...strange...:stoner:

No, No...you have to dress up like a Chinese guy...then you will get robbed by the Chinese guy robbers.

If you want to get robbed you have to go to where the Farang guy robbers are.

You know, Thailand is a Hierarchal society.

Cheers

8 hours ago, starchild5 said:

Try it again...  This time drink about ten beers immediately before starting your stroll.   And no need to do the chain thing.   Just put a large stack of currency-size pieces of paper in the wallet until it'll hardly fit in your back pocket.  Oh, and the varmint bait they absolutely can't resist is of course the gold chain around the neck!  1AM's OK; 3 or 4AM would be better.

17 hours ago, mcfish said:

Am I the only person carrying only 3k in my wallet at any given time?

You live here. 

Tourists are in a no-win dilemma.  Leave their cash in the hotel safe, their room safe, their luggage back in the room, or their back pocket (edit: or in a money belt).  None of which are really secure when cash is involved.  

$900 cash isn't that much if you're on holiday in a land where it's a good idea to have enough cash to get out of the country should something go sideways.  It's a lot if you live here and don't have the option of a quick and clean departure.

Edited by impulse

22 hours ago, mcfish said:

Am I the only person carrying only 3k in my wallet at any given time?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I doubt it, personally I usually have 3 or 4 times that amount.

3K would not cover a night out and a possible need for a taxi home.

I do have a habit on a night out, of only having cash, ie leaving licences and cards at home.