Cold season has arrived in Thailand and remains longer than the past few years

webfact

Cold season has arrived and remains longer than the past few years

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4Fs6QIUAyhuCRaVM22VbFUS1

BANGKOK: -- Thailand is entering the cold season as of October 30 and the cold weather will last longer than it was in the past few years.

Meteorological Department director-general Wanchai Sak-udomchai told Thai PBS on Monday that the cold season has arrived faster this year and is expected to last longer with temperature starting to drop in November until next February.

People in the North and the Northeast can now experience cool weather, but Bangkok and the central region will still have rains although rainfalls will steadily drop and weather will turn cold in December.

Temperature in Bangkok is forecast to drop to 15-16 degree Celsius in December whereas mountains in the North and the Northeast will experience very cold weather.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cold-season-has-arrived-and-remains-longer-than-the-past-few-years/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-01

"Mr Wanchai attributed the cold front for the North Pole for prolonging the cold season this year which will be different from the previous few years when the cold season was short due to the effect of El Nino."

Well, who to blame? El Nino or Santa Claus at the North Pole?

Await the annual cries for blankets and warm clothes for the shivering people in the north.

Perhaps there will be ice skating on the frozen water covering the flooded rice fields to the east of our home.:ph34r:

"BANGKOK: -- Thailand is entering the cold season as of October 30 and the cold weather will last longer than it was in the past few years"

Its a bit early to tell how long the cold season will last the 1th of November, isnt it?

Whish I could be there "the cood season" - its the only time its liveable in Thailand as far as I see it...

29 minutes ago, Mangkhut said:

"BANGKOK: -- Thailand is entering the cold season as of October 30 and the cold weather will last longer than it was in the past few years"

Its a bit early to tell how long the cold season will last the 1th of November, isnt it?

Whish I could be there "the cood season" - its the only time its liveable in Thailand as far as I see it...

I really like the rainy season. Last year's hot season was almost unendurable, but the rainy season just ending was quite nice. Of course I've been here a long time, so I find 27°C (80.6°F) a bit cool. I agree, though, it's awfully early to be predicting how long the cool season is going to last. I don't know where this guy came from, but he's been putting out very bizarre announcements from the Meteorological Department for three or four years now.

Edited by Acharn

52 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

low solar activity and more proof that 'global warming' is a sham.

May we see your "proof?"

Fact tells a different story - there is little relationship between global warming and solar radiation:

" ... changes in solar heating rate over the last century cannot account for the magnitude and distribution of the rise in global mean temperature during that time period and there is no convincing evidence for significant indirect influences on our climate due to twentieth century changes in solar output."

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/science/effect-of-sun-on-climate-faq.html#.WBf6sskU4kw

What remains as a factor is human intervention.

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

May we see your "proof?"

Fact tells a different story - there is little relationship between global warming and solar radiation:

" ... changes in solar heating rate over the last century cannot account for the magnitude and distribution of the rise in global mean temperature during that time period and there is no convincing evidence for significant indirect influences on our climate due to twentieth century changes in solar output."

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/science/effect-of-sun-on-climate-faq.html#.WBf6sskU4kw

What remains as a factor is human intervention.

posted some REAL data on this thread a few weeks ago.  page 2 you can see that ice is either increasing or rebounding and Antarctica is getting colder.. and this is happening at about the same time that solar activity is decreasing.  Antarctic ice extent has set new records 4 times in recent years.

1 hour ago, pkspeaker said:

posted some REAL data on this thread a few weeks ago.  page 2 you can see that ice is either increasing or rebounding and Antarctica is getting colder.. and this is happening at about the same time that solar activity is decreasing.  Antarctic ice extent has set new records 4 times in recent years.

False action and reaction.

"... one of their most visually compelling arguments has centered upon Antarctic sea ice, which expanded to reach record levels in 2014. If the planet really is warming, they ask, then shouldn’t the ice in the southern ocean be melting?" A fair question that requires a scientific answer.

James Hansen, former director of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, and colleagues argue that the increase in Antarctic sea ice not only doesn’t refute climate change, but actually is caused by warming.

http://www.seeker.com/does-global-warming-actually-increase-antarctic-sea-ice-1770086842.html

36 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Well everybody knows cooling is caused by warming. And warming is caused by warming too. Let's face it. Trump and Hilary and world hunger, ISIS and every other abhorrent thing is caused by warming too

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." - Confucius

5 hours ago, pkspeaker said:

low solar activity and more proof that 'global warming' is a sham.

Yeah, right!

"It snowed yesterday, in the place I live...so global warming must be a hoax!"

Little advise (if you were not being sarcastic): google "climate" and "weather" and try to spot the difference!

17 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Yeah, right!

"It snowed yesterday, in the place I live...so global warming must be a hoax!"

Little advise (if you were not being sarcastic): google "climate" and "weather" and try to spot the difference!

that and the data showing increasing ice and cooling