TM - 30 Asking Falangs to enforce this?

My solution was go and do the TM28.. Tell them its thier job to chase my landlord (first one lived in switzerland, the next was a high ranking judge, you can be sure they were not fining him !!). 

With my TM28 I had done my reporting, they had issues with the Judge, heres his number.. Suddenly they dont want to chase it any more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nasa123 said:

555555555 to the Mwholer. Evecondootell or what m ost send in info about you to Immigration before 24 hour,They bkd this places do it online .

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

My solution was go and do the TM28.. Tell them its tIier job to chase my landlord (first one lived in switzerland, the next was a high ranking judge, you can be sure they were not fining him !!). 

With my TM28 I had done my reporting, they had issu es with the Judge, heres his number.. Suddenly they dont want to chase it any more. 

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

Our condo here in Chiang Mai is set up to file the TM30 reports on line, just as a hotel would.  You really should take it up with the owners committee.  The office staff works for them.

Ive been renting it for over four years, am not an owner. Many banks own many ondos here, and many tenents do not know who the owners are (suspicious)? as rooms are rented out for just days....to whome the rent goes is anyones bet.

Since the TM30 has been recently enforced, after being around a while, there is an air of panick around many CM ondos, ive.been told.

I had to do my Visa renewal and 90 day report. Decided to pay the normal fee to an agent to avoid CM immigration problems, and they the agent had to do the TM30 themselves, at no extra charge to me. There are many farangs renting in this condo, so i Think the preverbial will hit the fan here, and in more ways than one

Folks, This is Thailand......

The "Rules" will vary from officer to officer, from day to day, from office to office.

IMO, the only safe solution is to go and see your immigration office and agree with them on what they want.

Many Thai's are not aware of this TM 28/30 requirement. My wife said I was talking rubbish.

At the Imm office to do a 90 day report , I took both TM 28 and TM 30 forms and discussed them with the officer.

The officer used the info on the form to create a new form.

She explained that all they needed was a phone call as soon as we returned to Thailand and that would be enough.

If we travelled in Thailand and hotels did more TM 30's, we did not need to submit another one to our local Imm on return to our home (owned by wife).

Only on return to Thailand. (We spend half the year in Spain, the rest in Thailand)

BUT, this is my experience, with my local Immigration office (Samut Sakhon).

Best if you find out yourselves.

Remember that in my local office, someone else could have a totally different experience!

Don't start me on the Yellow Book!

TiT !!!!!!!!!!

If we visit friends or rellies and stay with them, we have so far, never had our friend or rellie submit a TM 30 to their local Imm office.

I feel that it only matters that it has been done on entry to Thailand, that it matches with your Arrival Card info if you stay in '" you're own or wife's place",

rather than in hotels, resorts etc and then you have extensions to do.

My guess is that the authorities want to know where us foreign Johnnies are because we are possibly a threat to national security???

Good luck, and for goodness sake, Keep smiling (this is the Los after all) LOL

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:33 PM, ubonjoe said:

I think the school is just doing what immigration has told them that it needed to be done.

You can be held responsible for the TM30 form being done as the possessor of the residence if you are renting it. People have been fined for it not being done.

I do  not  understand  that interpretation.  The  TM 30  form is  specifically  for the Thai  owner/possessor  of a dwelling  at which a  foriegner stays. Renting  or paying the cost  of a  hotel stay longer than  24  hours surely  does  not  put  any  onus on the  on the  tenant or guest  in termsof  the TM 30.  Of  course in  situations  where temporary  stay  of  more than  24  hours in a  casual or   domestic residence it  would  be diplomatically  be  best to  advise the  home owner of the  TM 30 regulation.

Or  do you imply that this covers  the  separate  requirement of the  visitor to  report his/ her change of place of residence of  longer than  24  hours?

20 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I do  not  understand  that interpretation.  The  TM 30  form is  specifically  for the Thai  owner/possessor  of a dwelling  at which a  foriegner stays. Renting  or paying the cost  of a  hotel stay longer than  24  hours surely  does  not  put  any  onus on the  on the  tenant or guest  in termsof  the TM 30.  Of  course in  situations  where temporary  stay  of  more than  24  hours in a  casual or   domestic residence it  would  be diplomatically  be  best to  advise the  home owner of the  TM 30 regulation.

Or  do you imply that this covers  the  separate  requirement of the  visitor to  report his/ her change of place of residence of  longer than  24  hours?

I can see why you could be confused but....

At the end of the day, if there is a problem the farang ends up paying one way or the other. Fancy being refused an extension?

Fines probably don't hurt but an extension?

Perhaps Imm are enforcing this just to show they are doing something because, illegal people don't comply with anything and stay off grid.

With the bombing outrage at the shrine in Bankock, foreigners got the blame, even though none have been convicted for it as far as I am aware.

Luckily, thanks to threads like this, TVF members are made aware and can take care.....

8 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

The immigration act states this.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office
located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

It also defines house master as the following.

House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

If you have a rental  agreement you can be considered the possessor by immigration when it come down to the report being done.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2016 at 5:15 AM, nasa123 said:

3. A copy of the Landlord Id card.

It would interest me to know what Thai text was translated here as "Landlord". Does the Phuket immigration office also give out an information sheet with the original Thai text regarding the submission of the form TM.30?

8 hours ago, Maestro said:

It would interest me to know what Thai text was translated here as "Landlord". Does the Phuket immigration office also give out an information sheet with the original Thai text regarding the submission of the form TM.30?

I think so, call them or take a trip.

On 2.11.2016 at 0:00 PM, nasa123 said:

Then you go to Immigration and tell them about your Land Lord he don`t want to give you copy then hi have BIG problem, if you have the telefon nr to the Land Lord you give that to Immigration and they call hime pronto, if he don`t take the call they coming home to hime + Tax Office tell hime that. And that`s not good for hime  15 % tax + 60 % penalty tax so it is up to him or her to fiks the paper :)

Then you go to Immigration and tell them about your Land Lord he don`t want to give you copy then hi have BIG problem, if you have the telefon nr to the Land Lord you give that to Immigration and they call hime pronto, if he don`t take the call they coming home to hime + Tax Office tell hime that. And that`s not good for hime  15 % tax + 60 % penalty tax so it is up to him or her to fiks the paper :)

Edited by nasa123
dobbel :(

8 hours ago, Maestro said:

Or Signed Copy of house owner ID card/passport

On 11/2/2016 at 1:45 PM, mankondang said:

Went and asked the reception desk at my condo (+300 rooms) for my TM30 recipe copy.

The irrate manageress came out and told me they'd never heard of such document, and hurried off.

Further investigations, going to the police for a copy etc, revealed that this denial is standard, cost saving, reply by many condos.

Went to an agency to sort it out, no problems or extra cost to me.

Condo managment are not usually responsible for doing TM30. Condo management collect fees, clean the pool, do the gardens etc. The owner of the Condo is responsible for TM30. 

Some people mention that their condo managment do TM30, I think you will find they are actually apartments not condos, more like a hotel.