TV and radio stations to resume normal entertainment programmes November 14

webfact

TV and radio stations to resume normal entertainment programmes November 14

373_Sansern.jpg

BANGKOK: -- TV and radio stations can resume their normal entertainment programmes after the 30-day mourning period expires November 14.

Government spokesman Lt Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said as the 30-day mourning period that the government has requested TV and radio stations, and entertainment venues to cease all entertainment programmes and shows, is to expire November 14, all these programmes could be resumed as usual again.

But the contents of serial drama TV series were up to the consideration of producers if they would be appropriate and timely under the current atmosphere, he said.

He said further that in case of musical concerts, organisers are advised to consult local government authorities on how much the show could be held.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tv-and-radio-stations-to-resume-normal-entertainment-programmes-november-14/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-01

29 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I sure hope so, Pan Pipe musac has been driving me up the wall.

The Thai airforce radio (102.5 fm) plays jazz all days, i'm getting used to it but when the monks start making sound (is that called singing) i turn it off.

Now i connected the tv-box to the stereo and can listen online radio in any language i want...works perfect and i love it. Will buy another tv-box only for the online radio. Can anybody advice me which Android box can start playing online radio when i turn it on? Get tired of the menu's i have to set with the mouse, it has to work automatic when i turn it on.

I just use my internet TV to access BBC Radio 2, that's okay until we have rain or a storm and then the internet cuts out for a short while, I have had Radio 2 on since 9 am this morning :thumbsup:

Sorry fruitman, can't help you with your question I'm afraid.

Edited by Golden Triangle

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I just use my internet TV to access BBC Radio 2, that's okay until we have rain or a storm and then the internet cuts out for a short while, I have had Radio 2 on since 9 am this morning :thumbsup:

The best part of online radio is when you hear the weatherforecast :smile:

I hope the soap-series on tv never come back...

I'm with True Vision,and our services have been back to normal for the last week.I've got the gold package(as my wife tells me) and we are getting the snooker,all our movie channels,Discovery,History,everything is the same as before the bad day.As my name suggests we are in KK,i dont know if that has ant bearing,but i wouldnt have thought so.

21 hours ago, fruitman said:

The Thai airforce radio (102.5 fm) plays jazz all days, i'm getting used to it but when the monks start making sound (is that called singing) i turn it off.

Now i connected the tv-box to the stereo and can listen online radio in any language i want...works perfect and i love it. Will buy another tv-box only for the online radio. Can anybody advice me which Android box can start playing online radio when i turn it on? Get tired of the menu's i have to set with the mouse, it has to work automatic when i turn it on.

No, it's not called singing, it's called chanting. Some European religious orders use a similar thing. Maybe the best known is called the Gregorian Chant. I find it quite restful for a while, but more than half an hour gets monotonous. I believe it's a way to memorize the sermons of the Buddha, which were not written down for four or five hundred years after his death. If you're interested you can find examples on YouTube. Sri Lankan and Burmese chanting are different from Thai chanting. I remember at my first wife's funeral, after a long and somewhat dreary dirge, the monks broke into a fairly lively, faster paced one, that was almost bouncy. Sorry, I can't help you with the android thing. I don't know how to work anything except the library to read books. And the basic telephone, of course.

12 hours ago, rkidlad said:

What about wearing black? Is that for a year? Does it apply to everyone or just government workers, etc? 

I see lots of people wearing black through choice, but it's not mandatory. It's just "recommended" that you not wear bright colors. I make a point to wear a black shirt, but just to avoid standing out. I've read stories about people, especially in the South, for some reason, getting angry about people failing to follow the forms, but I'm pretty sure it would not apply to farangs.

21 hours ago, fruitman said:

A bit late in replying I know, but I had a thought, when you find a station you like on your TV box is there an option to make it a favourite ? Normally indicated by a * Star, just a thought as if I find something on my TV box I like I can add it to favourites 

2 minutes ago, Acharn said:

I see lots of people wearing black through choice, but it's not mandatory. It's just "recommended" that you not wear bright colors. I make a point to wear a black shirt, but just to avoid standing out. I've read stories about people, especially in the South, for some reason, getting angry about people failing to follow the forms, but I'm pretty sure it would not apply to farangs.

I know that this is going 'off topic'  but, I wear black of dark coloured clothes when out mixing with the locals, failing that my Mrs has made me some ribbons to attach to any shirts that may not conform with dark colours, and afterall you will be more respected by the locals by showing solidarity with their loss.

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

A bit late in replying I know, but I had a thought, when you find a station you like on your TV box is there an option to make it a favourite ? Normally indicated by a * Star, just a thought as if I find something on my TV box I like I can add it to favourites 

Yes you can bookmark a webpage which plays the radiochannel...but it won't startup on that page (on our AIS box though). Today i asked some tv-box sellers if they have a box who can start a certain webpage (radiochannel) at startup automatic but they don't exist according to them...(which means nothing to me since they are thai). Pretty sure that what i want is available or coming soon because that would be the ultimate, then we can use it like a simple oldstyle radio and just turn it on and it will play...no menu's or nothing...just on and off.

9 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Most (if not all) people in BKK wear black or white shirts, so do i...black is hot but now it's cool during the day and not much sun.

Even half of the farang i see wear black shirts..

I don't think the monks really tell a story when they sing, it's just vocal sound but for me it's not relaxing at all. Especially when they have variations on the tones like ooooohhhaaaaahhhoooooohhhaaaahhh it only makes me laugh. 

Around the palace area are loads of mourners every day and it's just chaos...they walk on the roads while the stoplights for cars are green, the policemen are looking the other way or busy with something else, there's much police though.

I saw many policemen on motorbikes who drove in huge swarms of motocy's, almost all of them took the bridges which are forbidden to use but the police didn't take them or fine the culprits.

There are many big coaches in the area and they block traffic or just whole roadlanes. Anybody who wants to go there better waits some more weeks.