My Love Story with a Thai girl – Sweet or Bitter?

Nicholas1986

42 minutes ago, 212Roger said:

Your story was nice to read and very sincere.  However, you were too nice.  Also, she was not interested, that part was not your fault.  Looks are not a factor.  You came across too strong and forward by offering too much, too quickly.  But good for you that you eventually came to the realization that the relationship was totally one-sided.  Perhaps even worse, as you gave and she didn't even receive your advances.  Maybe you scared her by being too desperate.  Maybe she even felt sorry for you and didn't want to hurt your feelings.  Who knows?  But she's not a keeper, that's for sure.  Next time be more casual, reserved, and confident.

U r so sincere too, really appreciate ! 

• Like 1

Nicholas 1986, how many relationships have you emotionally invested so much, in such little time? I worry about you, 30 years old and delusional in love and dating on a Thai website. Don't take this as an offence, but you need a dating coach to help you change your approach to women. Or maybe a psychologist. You're lucky she didn't take your heart, your money and your years. Many others would've.

Don't get swept up in your feelings. Turn down the romance dial to 20%. Protect your emotions more. Take your time and play it cool. Don't cling to your date, give her some space. Go have some meaningless relationships, it'll help you practice.

You are a lucky man . why ? cause this girl you talked about is a sincere lady she could have played with your fealings and acted like so many does with foreigners. i guess if she did not like you it can be related to your appearence or your age or something else you are in a better position to know the reason . but if you ask me i will answer you that if a thai lady act like this and dump you without making any profit from you is lady who is looking for an honest relationship with a foreigner who can give her a better life. it is rare to find a lady who after all you have done let you go without profiting from you and do not forget a huge % of thai lady seeking a foreigners are not good

• Like 2

Wow this tread is still going!  and a few posts hurt my belly ROFLOL.

Nick is still getting good advice about every 8th post.

Nick, Im glad you posted and I think that took balls or ignorance. haha   Nah surely you have read enough threads on TV to know there are vicious wolves lurking. and you were going to get trounced on.  And actually their advice may work for them if you like sticking it in a used, very used place.

Fore sure use Line or skype video next time and don't be quite so puppy dong like Bite once in a while and then be cute. . Just ask to see some more sexy pictures for example after the time is right.  I think love is a chess game  and it needs mental, emotional and sexual growth all at the same time.. Just think what online dating sites replace. If we met at the market, concert or bar you would see  how they fill out their clothes when they move. Also sometimes walking with a woman and no conversation is a pleasant thing or can be if your thoughts are pleasant and you smile. I read where holding hands only became acceptable in Thailand in the last 20 years so don't try that again. 

Also back in my late teens and college years I used the baseball game rules that my older buddies taught me. A "base a date" for sure! no exceptions or move on. Home runs at that time may have taken lots longer or never happened as I missed the free love years by 15 years. Its best if you get that first kiss out of the way on the way into dinner or the bowling alley or what ever is planned.  I used to do that after insisting that I open their door to let them out. Then just tell them you cant resist and little kiss.  That ramps up the whole date about 10 degrees.  But of course kissing in public in Thailand is no good.  But think about it if you show command and interest in her that will make her feel good. All women are so insecure so sincere compliments do wonders. as for baseball game, She may tell you she isn't that kind or girl and of course you are not that kind of guy but she makes you feel special and you just cant stop wanting to touch her she is so cute. Even if she keeps putting you off, keep trying. To be PC I'm not saying no doesn't mean no but you will know. If she really not likes it she will ask to end the date. 

you may have been doomed by the Hau hin tub but you could have just started to fill it up and tell her your going in and she can join with her suit or not or watch. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, jacksam said:

Only if you make racist comments. Consider what you actually stated. Fact is you have 2 half thai kids makes it worse. Perhaps share your post with thai mother of your kids. Geezus

consider what i said. guys are better looking for relationships with their own kind. trying to have a relationship with someone they have nothing in common with does not work very well. i dont know why you are saying this is racist. people just look for things to be offended by.

generation of pussies.jpg

• Like 1

I know many Western men love dark hair, smooth dark skin and I have a also  talked to at least a dozen Thai  women who won't date another Thai guy ever again.  Some even told me they like men with lighter hair and color in their eyes.   

But it's a fact the World hates half breeds. 

Edited by Elkski
Added sarcasm

Nicholas:

You told a great story, unfortunately with a sad ending.  I can tell you are heart broken and disappointed.  BUT, you did many of the right things, and the MOST important thing is - You made the effort to try.  My only advise is to keep trying.  I think with your good character, there are lots of thai ladies that will be interested.  For myself and many people I know, they have to meet and try many times before the meet the right one.  

In the pain you are in now, this won't make much sense, but later remember my words.  It is in the chase that the excitement and feelings will grow.  Keep on chasing and trying.

Dear Hong Kong man

you seem like a nice guy

nice guys get eaten alive here and so

you need to spend time here

get to know how things work

as even when you land your true love it may not always turn out the way it should

My advice would be to never send money, lend money or buy something substantial for your new love (car house mothers car mothers house buffalo, land, mafia loan) as this is where most problems start. There is more but you have to earn your merit points yourself and make mistakes so that you can learn. Good luck

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

I know many Western men love dark hair, smooth dark skin and I have a also  talked to at least a dozen Thai  women who won't date another Thai guy ever again.  Some even told me they like men with lighter hair and color in their eyes.   

But it's a fact the World hates half breeds. 

Thanks, do you want to twll !y daughter she is hated, or should i?

Thing is, she is ignorant of the fact - but then you seem rather ignorant as well.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DKNY77 said:

Sounds like a chapter out of ''Private Dancer''.  LOL,,

..   First, desperation is not an aphrodisiac. So lose it . 

And when it comes to having a relationship with a Thai girl  IMO ,,it's more trouble than it's worth.. They're childish,simple minded, conniving ,materialistic,sneaky, phony,shallow,vindictive,void of romance,cold, distant,self centered ,self entitled,self serving ,selfish and untrustworthy., BUT they're good in bed  and is precisely  the reason why I ,and alot of the smarter ex-pats, rent by the hour. This is Thailand ..you need to be tough skinned ,street wise and a pro...because that is the exact the type of women you'll be  dealing with. All of them.

How sad for you DKNY77 you have obviously met the wrong girls, e.g. not having found a compatible mate, I have and it works for me, I also rent the others by the hour when I need, best of both worlds, the perfect relationship, but seriously, most women won't except it, and that's fine, I found one that does and I don't follow society's monogamous ways, maybe that's why the divorce rates are that high ? 

Living your life and being as free as a bird whenever you chose, makes life jus so much better than renting by the hour.

I totally agree with your thoughts on Thai women from the bar scene, but once you find your mate, I am sure you will be able to trust her 99.99%, the remaining 00.01% you shouldn't because once you give up your financials, you open yourself up for the kill IMO

All who love are blind and the younger and less experienced one is, the more all-enveloping the blindness. Most of us have been where  you have, Nicholas, and the pain is exquisitely excruciating and hard to get over. You sound an intelligent and caring guy, so don't let this somewhat desperate attempt to find real love deter you from trying again. Learn the lessons and move on.

(Sorry to sound like a male version of Marje Proops!).

Nichololas 1986

Thank you for your remarks on my post.I can only assume from your post,that you are also one of the people who re still in the stage of dancing through the daisy fields of 'I'm so happy just to be here. I assure you that after a time your attitude will change,but until then i suggest you do as you advised me,to ive out the remainder of your life and enjoy it if you can.You also seem to be a prime target.'

'I'Ve been living my life here for 16 years,i think i know how to live it by now.

On 11/3/2016 at 3:02 AM, samsensam said:

i'm guessing you dont have much experience of having relationships. here's a thought; suppose one of your friends told you the story you have written, what advice would you give them?

i'm sorry but this girl is clearly not interested in you, not only that she but doesn't even have common courtesy and politeness. 

you say she is highy educated, so why is she a shift worker in a factory? why does she have no idea of her shifts? this does not sound like a highly educated person. i have dated educated girls here they worked as lawyers, doctors, hospital directors, physical therapists, own business owners. certainly not factory shift workers.

Pffft,....You clearly don't know what you talking about !!!

My wife is highly educated and used to work in the quality department of a American Hard-drive factory in Bangkok. And she had to work shifts sometimes to, For various reasons they had to send data to the US on certain times !!!

And highly educated people have to supervise shift workers to.....

Edited by off road pat
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Elkski said:

Nick, Im glad you posted and I think that took balls or ignorance. haha   Nah surely you have read enough threads on TV to know there are vicious wolves lurking. and you were going to get trounced on.  And actually their advice may work for them if you like sticking it in a used, very used place.

Fore sure use Line or skype video next time and don't be quite so puppy dong like Bite once in a while and then be cute. . Just ask to see some more sexy pictures for example after the time is right.  I think love is a chess game  and it needs mental, emotional and sexual growth all at the same time.. Just think what online dating sites replace. If we met at the market, concert or bar you would see  how they fill out their clothes when they move. Also sometimes walking with a woman and no conversation is a pleasant thing or can be if your thoughts are pleasant and you smile. I read where holding hands only became acceptable in Thailand in the last 20 years so don't try that again. 

Also back in my late teens and college years I used the baseball game rules that my older buddies taught me. A "base a date" for sure! no exceptions or move on. Home runs at that time may have taken lots longer or never happened as I missed the free love years by 15 years. Its best if you get that first kiss out of the way on the way into dinner or the bowling alley or what ever is planned.  I used to do that after insisting that I open their door to let them out. Then just tell them you cant resist and little kiss.  That ramps up the whole date about 10 degrees.  But of course kissing in public in Thailand is no good.  But think about it if you show command and interest in her that will make her feel good. All women are so insecure so sincere compliments do wonders. as for baseball game, She may tell you she isn't that kind or girl and of course you are not that kind of guy but she makes you feel special and you just cant stop wanting to touch her she is so cute. Even if she keeps putting you off, keep trying. To be PC I'm not saying no doesn't mean no but you will know. If she really not likes it she will ask to end the date. 

you may have been doomed by the Hau hin tub but you could have just started to fill it up and tell her your going in and she can join with her suit or not or watch. 

Good, and intelligent reply....

Personally, every time I was looking for love, been that in Europe or Asia ? I could not find it. On the other hand, when I was just looking for sex? that worked a whole lot better. Sometimes love grew out of it....I had a few great long time relationships before I met the woman of my life. And at that time I was not looking for love !!!

Best regards.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Elkski said:

Nice post.  Sweet and true.  By the way, my mother's side of the family lived in Logan, Utah; great place and wonderful people there.  I visited every summer while I was a child.

7 hours ago, performance said:

Delete the lowie and don't be sucker in by the Thai cultures crap. She is on the Internet playing games. Most are scammers they get many opportunities in the street. NEXT and they seek weak ugly men. So they can bleed them dry.

I'm not ugly.  Every girl says I'm handsome.  Yet, I still get "sucked" dry.  Not right; but I'm not complaining.  555

Your loooooooooooong story can be summarized in 3 sentences:

Met Thai gal.

She did not care for me.

Moving on.

No, u are not a bad guy and should not think so...u followed ur heart and it didn't work out...u are naive, not flawed...we all learn by these experiences...sometimes they work out, sometimes not...u sound very sincere, so I think u will find ur true love some day...smell many flowers before buying a bouquet!!!...good luck, Jack