webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, adhd said:

a real thai monk, does that even exist in this country?

as any fugitive can conveniently become a monk to evade prison ?

if you see what happens to little monks, those poor kids dropped by their parents and then being abused by the "real" monks... they might turn into the monsters themself

Being ordained does not allow anyone to avoid charges and punishment.

Where's your evidence of "those poor kids dropped by their parents and then being abused by the "real" monks...".  You seem to be suggesting that all novice monks are abused.

13 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I am also surprised that temples remain a refuge for almost anything and anybody ........

You should be surprised because temples are not a refuge for anything or anybody.  There have been many reports of monks being arrested, defrocked and charged with different offences.

27 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

I would like to think you are right as he deserves the torment.  However, I am not convinced he is imbued with sufficient conscience to feel regret.

I've only been here for three years...my observation is that, I assume in the manner in which Thais are raised and imbued with a morality that I cannot really fathom, that the majority of Thais do not posess "conscience" as westerners know it.  In most cases is seems that the families of the victims are willing to accept a cash payment from the family of the responsible party and then life goes on as if nothing happened.

3 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Justice for the victims and a little sanity for their families 

would be a fanciful wish on my part,

it is to bad that money over rides 

the law.

If he is judged insane the case will be suspended until he recovers, which will be never.

Judging by his behaviour prior driving record and driving through barriers I would suspect a psychopath.

They never get better their brains are hard wired , no empathy or remorse but very good at telling porkies and acting invincible.

Allow the man to use the insanity plea.

Simply add a clause that as he is unfit to stand trial, he is also incapable of controlling his wealth.

The government then takes control of everything he owns

Watch the little turd change colour and plea :smile:

4 hours ago, Alive said:

I think any sane person who kills someone and tries to hide that truth by becoming another lie by being a 'monk' will eventually go insane. His future is hopeless. Whether he sees jail or not he will be tormented for life. I wonder what the people who go to his temple feel knowing his story.

You are assuming that all people "care" about the life of others.

1 hour ago, me in BKK said:

another case of a Thai millionaire son getting away with murder!!  How many more times until the justice system is taking responsibility??

Getting away with it? It hasn't even been to court yet. A bit premature.

The fact that he has chosen to use the monkhood to avoid possible prosecution (as many others have shamefully done) proves that he is aware of his actions and the possible consequences. That should be enough to prove he is mentally fit to stand trial.

I hope he fries.

5 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

The faces of the "real" monks say it all for me.

unseen damage.... the shame he has brought to the temple , you can only turn your gaze away so many times . it is without a doubt the most despicable way to escape justice  ,  the police again have proven what we all know , money talks . they are a  gonad challenged  lot .

He's just the latest one. Every year throughout Thai history, there are many of these people who have intentionally and accidentally killed people who got off without punishment because of of their wealth and social status. This man is just a recent one. You could say all the elite families have one member who has done something terrible to others and gotten off. These killers and abusers go back decades so if you criticize this man criticize the privilege system in Thailand because it is the one of the roots of all lack of fair punishment.

4 minutes ago, Alive said:

He's just the latest one. Every year throughout Thai history, there are many of these people who have intentionally and accidentally killed people who got off without punishment because of of their wealth and social status. This man is just a recent one. You could say all the elite families have one member who has done something terrible to others and gotten off. These killers and abusers go back decades so if you criticize this man criticize the privilege system in Thailand because it is the one of the roots of all lack of fair punishment.

The root cause comes from the main land China where the Thai Chinese immigrants brought it into Siam in the first place....

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The millionaire’s insanity defense means the court case against him could go on for several years.

Ah yes the wild card that all the rich and famous possess here with their large baht backstop. Kind of reminds me of many movies I have seen where the hero rides off into the sunset till he becomes a dot in the distance and then nothing. Don't get me wrong this man is no hero but he is waiting for that nothing moment when time has moved on forgetting about him and his horrendous misdeeds. Is there a 101 manual here for the rich when they run into trouble with the law? Claim innocence plead guilty to the nothing charges but not guilty to the serious ones do the Temple bit leave a couple weeks later. Keep a low profile tell your lawyers to keep the legal blood hounds at bay spread a little dough around and if you still have your passport go visit the Red Bull Boy for a little R & R. If it wasn't so disgusting it would be funny to watch it play out over and over again.   

5 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Would a cash donation to the temple not have proved his sincerity to the monks ?

Yes it is amazing how easily people can become ' monks ' but I suppose the excuse is that it will change them.

You don't seem to know much about this country and its main religion, do you?

Photos being a monk and the ceremony to become one is much more important than a cash donation. 

Every Thai male should at least spend a few weeks, ( some a few months) as a monk in a temple.

Many kids from poor families are sent to temples just because of poverty. 

If you want to become a monk, there's a temple near Ubon Ratchathani where they'll also take you and all teachings are done in English. ( Of course not the prayings)

Shouldn't Buddhism and being a monk for a certain time be open for all believers, no matter where they're from? 

5 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

You don't seem to know much about this country and its main religion, do you?

Photos being a monk and the ceremony to become one is much more important than a cash donation. 

Every Thai male should at least spend a few weeks, ( some a few months) as a monk in a temple.

Many kids from poor families are sent to temples just because of poverty. 

If you want to become a monk, there's a temple near Ubon Ratchathani where they'll also take you and all teachings are done in English. ( Of course not the prayings)

Shouldn't Buddhism and being a monk for a certain time be open for all believers, no matter where they're from? 

Are we talking about someone who became a monk for what may be traditional values or one who did it to get away from the responsibility of what he'd done ?

You don't seem to know much about the attitude of some in this country and the cavalier attitude to the main way of life. As I understand it Buddhism isn't actually regarded as a religion.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

3 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Are we talking about someone who became a monk for what may be traditional values or one who did it to get away from the responsibility of what he'd done ?

You don't seem to know much about the attitude of some in this country and the cavalier attitude to the main way of life. As I understand it Buddhism isn't actually regarded as a religion.

Peace. 

"...The delayed investigation led to accusations on social media that police were attempting to shield the millionaire from justice as in other high-profile cases involving the wealthy and well-connected..."

From time to time we see TV posters getting lampooned (usually, by Siamophiles or Trolls) for airing their opinions of events in Thailand that go against their "farang" values and beliefs. And, in some cases this involves cultural ignorance or bigotry, and the criticism is probably deserved.

However, there are certain events (that happen in Thailand) that do deserve ridicule - even from TV posters.

And, in that regard, one would have to think that Jenphop's insanity defense and the actions of police involved in this affair probable pass the Duck Test (https://is.gd/WzTsmZ) !!!

Duck-1.jpg.60ff7437a5232ffbfc455707bfcdcf86.jpg

I agree unequivocally in your directive way that is not subject to conditions or exceptions.

However, nigh on impossible to get any of these messages across at times when your up against anything that's immoral or unjust then patted down, taken out the equation, your post disappearing into the abyss !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Damkoeng said expressway authorities will not press charges against Jenphop because there was no damage to the barrier, which is designed to survive impact. They will however seek the unpaid toll."

Best of luck with that one! 

...a sad excuse for a human....

... a murderer in fact......

...they should stop letting the scum of the earth try to escape into monkhood...

...not only showing absolutely no remorse....

...trying to get away with murder....