Re Entry Stamp

single entry ?

please explain what do you mean single entry. The immigration in pattaya issued it because i work in thailand the first b visa i got was a multi entry from hull years ago sorry not much info but my lawyer does all this stuff for me

Mazo, it appears that you are in Thailand on the basis of annual extensions of stay for the reason of employment. If you forget to obtain a re-entry permit before leaving the country you will, upon your return, receive a visa-exempt arrival stamp and will have to start the process of getting a non-B visa and annual extension all over again. For this reason, if you fear that you might forget to buy a re-entry permit before travelling, it is advisable always to get such re-entry permit already at the time of annual extension. If you don't use it within its one-year validity, consider its cost of 1,000 Baht an insurance premium against forgetfulness.

--

Maestro

I forgot to get any re-entry stamp when I renewed my Thai wife support visa about 3 years ago. I came back from the UK through the airport and they commented on the lack of a re-entry visa.

I didn't understand what they meant so they gave me a 30 day voa. I went to Suan Phlu about day 25 and asked them to renew the visa and they gently and knidly explained that I had f****d up and to start my support visa all over again. I went on a border run for another 30 days then my wife gave birth to our son so I did a quick border run again and then went to Penang to get a 3 month non O and go back to the beginning.

Was my wife p1ssed with me or what. I think I confirmed her thoughts about stupid farangs that time and it took about 6 months for her to stop reminding me.

Now when I get my renewal stamp I go to get a multi re-entry permit BEFORE I leave Suan Phlu.

Yeah I also decided to "insure" my visa by buying the 3800 Baht multiple entry permit as soon as I had my visa in hand!

In my case it is even more vital, as I can not start over and obtain the investor-visa again should I mess up! (as new applications not accepted).

CHeers!