Changed tires - Honda shop scratched the wheels

SkyRider

My once perfect and beautiful black / grey alloy rims on my wheels were scratched by the mechanics when they changed the tires on my bike. Seems to me they should have been more careful. 

It's an orange bike, and I'm thinking about putting orange stickers or reflective tape on them to cover up the scratches. Which is the better solution, and around how long will stickers / tape last on the wheels? 

And, does anybody have any suggestions for a better solution? 

This makes me so mad - No one is responsible for any work they do in this country.

Anyway - the guys who you need to go to are 320sp - they have a team of guys outside that fit LED lights, wheel trim stickers and horns all day, every day.

They actually do a half decent job - I did my CBR myself, you need a good eye, practice and it helps if you have front and rear wheel stands, which they have.

The stickers come in segments and you need to butt them exactly ( watch some YouTube vids ) or they look bad and they eventually lift up .. Mine look ok after 3 years, it's not so disastrous, but the guys at 320sp will do a really good job for you, it's a free service so worthwhile making the trip.

ETS: My stickers are reflective - they aren't great but after a wash they look good, but soon dull over, maybe that's what you are seeing.

17 hours ago, recom273 said:

This makes me so mad - No one is responsible for any work they do in this country.

Anyway - the guys who you need to go to are 320sp - they have a team of guys outside that fit LED lights, wheel trim stickers and horns all day, every day.

They actually do a half decent job - I did my CBR myself, you need a good eye, practice and it helps if you have front and rear wheel stands, which they have.

The stickers come in segments and you need to butt them exactly ( watch some YouTube vids ) or they look bad and they eventually lift up .. Mine look ok after 3 years, it's not so disastrous, but the guys at 320sp will do a really good job for you, it's a free service so worthwhile making the trip.

ETS: My stickers are reflective - they aren't great but after a wash they look good, but soon dull over, maybe that's what you are seeing.

1 hour ago, SkyRider said:

Thank you for that. 

How about touch up paint, how well does that work?

Dunno mate, they are powder coated aren't they? And the rims on my Honda are well coated verging on bulletproof, so it's hard to see how a mechanic could scratch them on a contact-free tyre machine?

If it bothers you, then get them recoated - the best place to find this info is on expat bikers fb group.

Had the lads install reflective rim stickers/tape last time i got new tires installed on ceeber, 2 years ago..

Free.

Did swell job, &  holding up real well.

papa gets great service from bike shops.

papa tips well of course.

you expect great service from someone making $15 a day?

To

Insure

Proper 

Service

On 11/7/2016 at 7:45 AM, recom273 said:

Dunno mate, they are powder coated aren't they? And the rims on my Honda are well coated verging on bulletproof, so it's hard to see how a mechanic could scratch them on a contact-free tyre machine?

If it bothers you, then get them recoated - the best place to find this info is on expat bikers fb group.

I don't even know if they're powder coated or not. Thanks for all the information. I'll look into getting them recoated. Maybe the easiest and most cost effective thing to do is to get stickers. I found a sticker shop, that might be able to custom make the stickers, and cover the scratches all the way up to the edge of the rim. for 700 baht. 

Archived