Visa And Reporting

First post after many enjoyable months of lurking.

I am going to Hua Hin on 10/5 until 28/8 ( recovering from broken knee). I have a one year non imm cat o visa.Can I extend this for the three weeks or so I will need over the 90 days without leaving Thailand? If so can this be done in Hua Hin?

I will be staying at my newly built house ( in Thai wifes name). If I stay for more than 90 days will I have to report address? In Hua Hin? Will my wife have to inform the immigration I am staying at her house? Can this be done by letter? She will remain in the uk until the school summer holidays before joining me. Sorry if this has been covered before but I am not 100% sure on any rule as they seem to be forever changing.

Cheers

Poosmate

First post after many enjoyable months of lurking.

I am going to Hua Hin on 10/5 until 28/8 ( recovering from broken knee). I have a one year non imm cat o visa.Can I extend this for the three weeks or so I will need over the 90 days without leaving Thailand? If so can this be done in Hua Hin?

I will be staying at my newly built house ( in Thai wifes name). If I stay for more than 90 days will I have to report address? In Hua Hin? Will my wife have to inform the immigration I am staying at her house? Can this be done by letter? She will remain in the uk until the school summer holidays before joining me. Sorry if this has been covered before but I am not 100% sure on any rule as they seem to be forever changing.

Cheers

Poosmate

You are married. Extend your visa by one year by showing funds in a bank in Thailand /income of 400,000 baht for the year

Thank you for your reply. I should have said "multi " entry visa. I do not wish to stay in Thailand only extend the 90 days. I can show an income if required ( I am self employed can show accounts ) does the proof of income need to be in any format or in Thai? Does the income have to be being sent to a Thai bank?Mine is paid in the UK I didn't want to change Banking etc just for 3 weeks stay. Don't really want to put 400000 baht in a Thai bank until I decide that I like Thailand and it likes me enough. I've been married 15 years been back to LOS about 30 times but never for more than 4-5 weeks at a time,this time thanks to my broken knee :o I have chosen to try staying alone for a couple of months and seeing if I could live and stay in Hua Hin.

What about the wife having to report the foriegner staying at her house question. I don't want to break any laws that may prevent me being able to stay if I decide to - and drag the wife from the UK she now loves!!

Thank you for your reply. I should have said "multi " entry visa. I do not wish to stay in Thailand only extend the 90 days. I can show an income if required ( I am self employed can show accounts ) does the proof of income need to be in any format or in Thai? Does the income have to be being sent to a Thai bank?Mine is paid in the UK I didn't want to change Banking etc just for 3 weeks stay. Don't really want to put 400000 baht in a Thai bank until I decide that I like Thailand and it likes me enough. I've been married 15 years been back to LOS about 30 times but never for more than 4-5 weeks at a time,this time thanks to my broken knee :o I have chosen to try staying alone for a couple of months and seeing if I could live and stay in Hua Hin.

What about the wife having to report the foriegner staying at her house question. I don't want to break any laws that may prevent me being able to stay if I decide to - and drag the wife from the UK she now loves!!

Based on your ' recovery ' they should give you an extension at Immigration