Terrifying moment killer 10-foot python rears up to strike as eight men battle to restrain it

webfact

Terrifying moment killer 10-foot python rears up to strike as eight men battle to restrain it

BY NICK YORK

pt.jpg

Video screenshot

The woman who spotted the snake on a roadside raised the alarm and eight local men hunted the serpent using their car headlamps as search lights

NAKHON NAYOK: -- This is the terrifying moment a killer python rears up to strike as eight men battle to restrain it.

The 10ft long serpent was spotted by a horrified woman as she walked by the roadside in Nakhon Nayok, Thailand.

She raised the alarm and eight local men hunted the roadside using their car headlamps as search lights. The slippery beast was eventually found and the men had to grab its body to pin it down.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/terrifying-moment-killer-10-foot-9203751

-- Mirror 2016-11-07

Oh please, terrifying... no, killer...no, rearing up...no, ready to strike...no.

What a load of BS this story is. It should read 10 foot python tormented by villages.

Edited by Rorri

Although pythons do bite, they're not venomous, and a python bite would be no more terrifying than being bitten by a dog or cat.  Now, if he got himself wrapped around you . . . . 

13 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Pathetic. Don't know which is worse; 'grown' men tormenting a pretty much defenseless snake going about its business or a second-rate rag like the Mirror sensationalising it all.

Surely wouldn't want that coming near my wife when she is in the rice field because I know we would be having snake for dinner 555

Edited by 4MyEgo

Absolutely terrifying, what brave local heroes  get the PM down for photo shoot! I will never go to Nakhon Nayok now I what terrors lie in wait for me, the snake looked rather nice though, privilege to see such a fine animal from asafe distance of course.

Another example amongst the many untrue stories being put out by the press, in this case the Daily Mirror, releasing a story that they must know is complete BS. We have caught pythons as big as this outside our house and they are not dangerous, do not rear up and are swiftly caught and bagged for relocation or the barbeque.

Although pythons do bite, they're not venomous, and a python bite would be no more terrifying than being bitten by a dog or cat.  Now, if he got himself wrapped around you . . . . 

Pythons bite, normally at the head, and hold on to give themselves an anchor to help wrap their bodies around their prey. With a hundred teeth and probably over 50 kilos in weight it's a formidable apex predator. I can't understand why people keep them as pets.

It was a terrifying moment for the snake. One this size would be valuable around a house, keeping rodents, noisy roosters, feral cats and other vermin out of sight. They make great pets, make no mess, are very neat and tidy, no smell, rarely need feed or water. Ideal for otherwise irresponsible pet-owners! Their droppings are like pieces of chalk; no smell, easy to dispose of.  They can also be very affectionate and trainable with patience. Why do people want to be cruel to such beautiful creatures? You can get cranky individuals but most snakes are very mild-mannered and prefer to avoid conflict.

OK, forget the "rearing 10'" Python. If you aggravate a Python and it bites you, you could be in for some trouble. Had you been alone, a large Python could hold on with it's teeth, wrap itself around your torso and squeeze until you could no longer breathe. I suppose once you are dead he/she may decide to swallow you as a meal. This rarely happens; however, it is best not to bother any snake and not to travel alone where large  Python snakes are known to hunt (usually rats, rabbits) but according to Thai lore, buffalo, horses and unwanted wives.