Voter turnout 'explodes' among blacks, Hispanics in US

webfact

18 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Yes, and take a wild guess how many jobs bills the GOP have managed to write and send to the Oval Office in the last eight years?

:wink:

I wouldn't say they fare better with the GOP establishment....just that the Democrats are far more effective at pandering. How else to you get an entire demographic to vote as a 90% -plus bloc. Normally, that would be viewed as statistically impossible.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

No, your whole line of reasoning is wrong as usual...that Democratic tribune of the people, Barack Obama, chose to bailout Wall Street and the big banks during the financial and mortgage crisis while leaving the millions of poor white, black, and Hispanic homeowners holding the bag. Yep, he gave them a big serving of NOTHING while Wall Street and the banks received hundreds of billions of those own homeowners taxpayer dollars in bailouts. But that's Democratic SOP...talk the talk while giving minorities and the poor the fast-shuffle . 

And of course, his Justice Department and Securities and Exchange Commission never brought any of the financial indistry executives responsible for the meltdown to justice. Just another example of the Barack's, and Hillary's soon to be, coddling of Wall Street at the expense of ordinary Americans.

I think that a lot of your criticism here is correct.  Obama should have done a lot more to punish the banks and help mortgage holders.  Although had he let the banks go under we would have had a depression.  But do you think Republicans would have done any better" The evidence shows that the would have done worse. They opposed Dodd Frank, which has forced banks to hold a lot more capital in reserve and make them less liable to failure. They opposed the Consumer Credit Bureau which has opposed the dodgy practices of Credit Card Companies and just forced Well Fargo Bank to pay a big fine for cheating its customers.  They opposed a ruling by the government that forces financial advisors to act as a fiduciary for clients instead of merely as an advisor. What this means in plain english is that these advisors have to act in the best interests of their clients and not try to foist bad investments on them because the advisors are getting a big kickback. That happens a lot by the way,  Donald Trump is with the Republicans on all these issues.  

1 minute ago, NovaBlue05 said:

I wouldn't say they fare better with the GOP establishment....just that the Democrats are far more effective at pandering. How else to you get an entire demographic to vote as a 90% -plus bloc. Normally, that would be viewed as statistically impossible.

Here's one way it happens. When the courts overruled North Carolina's voting regulations they noted that the North Carolina Legislature asked what the impact of each proposed measure would have on African American voter turnout. Only those measures that would depress their turnout were approved by the North Carolina legislature.

26 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Here's one way it happens. When the courts overruled North Carolina's voting regulations they noted that the North Carolina Legislature asked what the impact of each proposed measure would have on African American voter turnout. Only those measures that would depress their turnout were approved by the North Carolina legislature.

Hmmmm. 

Care to share a link, proving without a doubt, that this is what happened?

1 hour ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

1 hour ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Black family wealth FELL the most under the 8 years of the Obama administration than any other in history...yep, those Dems are working hard for them. As I said, some of them can see through the Democratic flim-flam, while people like you only see them fit for work on the farm picking Democratic votes every four years...for nothing.

Why are we not surprised to see this despicable racist rhetoric from a poster who champions trump, all the while trying to blame those who actually oppose racism?  Disgusting.  Don't bother to reply, you have zero credibility.

[Edit: Removed quote of racist post that was deleted by moderator]

Edited by Slip

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Voter suppression of minorities by the right wing is a massively bigger problem than voter fraud.

How are we suppressing minority voters? How are they being targeted by the GOP? 

39 minutes ago, NovaBlue05 said:

Hmmm, I would imagine that the racist moron voting block would be in for Trump at near 100%.  Who is the KKK endorsing?

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

I'm equally surprised that some blacks or Hispanics...or any minority, would support Trump, a known hardcore racist.  I'm also surprised that some women would support Trump, a man who sees women as simply a piece of ass that exists for his enjoyment.  Finally, I'm most surprised that any educated person with half a brain would support Trump, a pathological liar, with no idea how to govern, is vindictive, thin-skinned, and has a history of fraudulent business practices aimed at ripping off the common man.  Yes, this election is full of surprises.

Well, thats certainly one spin. 

Im not black, but I do, honestly, have black friends, and they don't want to be involved in the 'black people are victims' gimme gimme scheme of Democrats today. Some of them are really pissed and feel kinda exploited by Obama, and that carries on to "Hill". Its easy to see when you are being used. 

You seem really, really upset and get real personal. 

Just now, Berkshire said:

Hmmm, I would imagine that the racist moron voting block would be in for Trump at near 100%.  Who is the KKK endorsing?

So the KKK are endorsing Trump, therefore Trump is a racist KKK member? 

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

No, the KKK is endorsing Trump because he's a racist.  One of their own, you might say....

No, YOU might say.

YOU get all wounded and scavenge for whatever you can find regardless of how much of a pathetic reach it is. 

Im happy that blacks are getting out there and voting, but I would be pissed if I was a black man voting and being used as a poster child for political gain, and thank god I'm not the only one that feels that way. 

23 minutes ago, Slip said:

Why are we not surprised to see this despicable racist rhetoric from a poster who champions trump, all the while trying to blame those who actually oppose racism?  Disgusting.  Don't bother to reply, you have zero credibility.

[Edit: Removed quote of racist post that was deleted by moderator]

You saying it doesn't make it so...and get a hold on yourself, you seem to be loosing it.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

1 minute ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Get a hold on yourself, you seem to be loosing it...Hillary's slipping making you nervous ? 

No. You made two overtly racist posts.  One of which was deleted for just that.  Far be it for me to looose it.  I just object to you spouting your racist claptrap here regardless of who wins the US election.

21 minutes ago, Strange said:

How are we suppressing minority voters? How are they being targeted by the GOP? 

Well, in the case of North Carolina the courts found that the legislature inquired about the effects on black voter turnout of various measures they proposed. And the only measures they approved were those that would affect black turnout.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/a-voting-rights-victory-in-north-carolina

57 minutes ago, NovaBlue05 said:

Erm.....

If you are talking about Congress, the GOP share the ideal of cutting any kind of spending, including stimulus spending, in favour of huge tax cuts for their mates.

This is Trump's plan and it will add trillions to the debt.

Fortunately I don't think anyone believes this "wealth creator - trickle down" BS any more.

1 hour ago, NovaBlue05 said:

The only thing your statement tells us about statistics is that you know nothing about it.

1 minute ago, Slip said:

No. You made two overtly racist posts.  One of which was deleted for just that.  Far be it for me to looose it.  I just object to you spouting your racist claptrap here regardless of who wins the US election.

I take issue with your characterization of any of my posts...and the standard response of the SJW crowd is to label anything they disagree with as "racist, "sexist," "ablist," "homophobic," blah blah blah. It's ironic I never saw you protest when "racist" posts are routinely made about supposedly poor and uneducated white Trump supporters by many here on the Forum . 

One of the most valuable things to come out of Trump's campaign is to expose your PC talk for  the poppy cock that it is . 

6 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Erm.....

If you are talking about Congress, the GOP share the ideal of cutting any kind of spending, including stimulus spending, in favour of huge tax cuts for their mates.

This is Trump's plan and it will add trillions to the debt.

Fortunately I don't think anyone believes this "wealth creator - trickle down" BS any more.

No- I am not defending Republicans. When it comes to Congress, my contempt is bi-partisan

8 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Well, in the case of North Carolina the courts found that the legislature inquired about the effects on black voter turnout of various measures they proposed. And the only measures they approved were those that would affect black turnout.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/a-voting-rights-victory-in-north-carolina

Not supressing black voters...Democratic voters, who happen to be black. There's a difference.

1 minute ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I take issue with your characterization of any of my posts...and the standard response of the SJW crowd is to label anything they disagree with as "racist, "sexist," "ablist," "homophobic," blah blah blah. It's ironic I never saw you protest when "racist" posts are routinely made about supposedly poor and uneducated white Trump supporters by many here on the Forum . 

One of the most valuable things to come out of Trump's campaign is to expose your PC talk for  the poppy cock that it is . 

That is as maybe.  The fact remains your post was deleted by a moderator for its racism.

Commenting on poor and white people is not inherently racist, unlike the comment of yours that was deleted.  However for the record. if someone makes a racist comment against whites I find it just as distasteful as your racism against blacks, .  Anyway please move on- this is not adding anything to the topic.   I only ask that if you can't reign in your bigoted views, try to tone down the public expression of them.

22 minutes ago, Slip said:

The term racism has been so routinely abused by cultural Marxists it has become meaninless. In the UK it is a common insult used by anti white working class racists who can't understand the dreadful impact of mass immigration on many communities.

13 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Interestingly,  the NYT  addressed this very issue today.

TH

Donald Trump's Extremist Supporters Feel Like Winners Either Way

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/us/politics/donald-trump-extremist-supporters.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-abc-region&region=span-abc-region&WT.nav=span-abc-region&_r=0

Edited by thaihome

3 minutes ago, Slip said:

That is as maybe.  The fact remains your post was deleted by a moderator for its racism.

Commenting on poor and white people is not inherently racist, unlike the comment of yours that was deleted.  However for the record. if someone makes a racist comment against whites I find it just as distasteful as your racism against blacks, .  Anyway please move on- this is not adding anything to the topic.   I only ask that if you can't reign in your bigoted views, try to tone down the public expression of them.

Well I'm currently taking the matter up with the moderator and anyone who knows my forum history would know what you say is false and downright defamatory and I would advise you strongly not to repeat it (especially if you reside in Thailand) as I don't take kindly to it.

Just about every member knows I actively stick up for the rights of marginalized populations on this Forum and receive much ridicule and hateful posts for my efforts. Therefore I repeat my demand that you keep your defamatory aspersions to yourself.

1 minute ago, The manic said:

The term racism has been so routinely abused by cultural Marxists it has become meaninless. In the UK it is a common insult used by anti white working class racists who can't understand the dreadful impact of mass immigration on many communities.

How on earth is that even remotely relevant to the way a Trump supporters refers to African Americans?  Are you attempting that they are guilty of one of the very earliest examples of mass immigration?  This added to your use of the phrase 'cultural marxism',  and the confusion in your expression of whether the racists or the whites are working class leads me to suggest that you should think a little longer before you start tapping at the keyboard.  But still this is off topic.