Foreign currency deposit account at KBank

FCD account at Krungsri Bank.

I can withdraw money at any of their branch at all time  in Thai bahts or USD.

But quicker at my branch as the other brach verify my accoubt woth my branch.

In USD they charge me a small commission.

in THB I get the daily exchange rate.

I also have a ATM card I can use in all Krungsri ATM. Very convenient.

I get THB converted at the daily rate.

I can also transfer  money to my regular account using Internet bangking.

3 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

The advantage of an FCD account is that your foreign currency is here in Thailand and not back in your home country.

With exchange rates fluctuating on a daily basis, and the recent drop in the exchange for the UK pound, it helps to be able to change to baht instantaneously (online with Bangkok Bank) using the then current TT rate.  If you order a transfer from your home bank, it invariably takes 1-3 days to arrive, by which time the rate may well have gone against you.

It depends on the countries and banks involved. I regularly transfer money from my online Australian bank account to my Thai passbook account. I do the transfer online, walk five minutes to the nearest ATM and the funds are there in my account ready to be withdrawn.

I have a FCD at kbank get my pension paid in UK pounds last week had to return to the UK so changed enough to pay rent etc. whilst away no problem balance still in pounds there are only a couple of branches you can do FCD transactions in tp gate is one  

19 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I agree with you prakkonchai that most posters have replied with  replies that are meant to be useful and I appreciate that.

But when a clown decides to inject a totally useless post on a serious  thread I will call him out on it.     I called him out..

I object to being called a clown, a5540le.

As more than a few have remarked, BBL and SCB are easier to deal with than, for example, KBank or CIMB.

With a couple of thousand posts I am surprised you have not picked this up over the years.

My FCD accounts at BBL are not subject to any of the restrictions you mentioned. Ie works fine. The implicit suggestion was to get your bum over to BBL and open an account there.

6 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

If there's a hot girl behind me at the bank when I make a withdrawal, I always leave the receipt there so she can see the balance. 

You sneaky fellow..   shock1.gif

I recall a popular  radio broadcaster who had a program about picking up women.   He  recommended giving a lady your phone number on the back of an ATM receipt.   I suppose that'd only be meaningful  if the balance  would impress anyone.

In Thailand,  doing this  kind of thing  would be setting up an arrangement that's clearly defined from the get go, but then again isn't it always regardless of location?smile.gif

20 hours ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

I am on retirement extension.  Opened USD, SGD accounts at Krungsri in ten minutes with just my passport.

You can discuss FX and watch live farang currencies/thai baht ticker feeds here:

Discuss FX and watch Exchange Rates

Thanks Bulldozer Dawn,

I'll now include another incredible wrinkle to my (our) search for FCD account requirements.

We called Bangkok Bank as I've mentioned previously and the  person with whom we (the Missus) spoke at length blew me away.

He went so far as to say we needed a letter of introduction from "our" village from the head guy.   After the call even the Missus laughed about this one.   She's nearly universally supportive and understanding  of Thailand procedures. 

While we could most likely secure such a letter of introduction for a small fee, what would be the point?     This gentleman also said we'd need either  an income  letter from my embassy  ( big hassle) or a residence declaration from immigration.     I  honestly don't recall which one he said as the village thing had me rolling with laughter.

BULLDOZER DAWN,        if you have a moment would you please address the parameters and restrictions I posted in the beginning of this thread?       Do you face such restrictions with Krungsri Bank?

I honestly never even thought about Krungsri Bank, even  though funnily enough I've used their ATM's nearly exclusively in Thailand  since they allow for a  30K withdrawal which reduces the cost of getting baht in Thailand. 

TIA  --   Bulldozer Dawn

Archived