From third wife to First Lady, Melania’s hometown celebrates Trump’s victory

webfact

From third wife to First Lady, Melania’s hometown celebrates Trump’s victory

Joanna Gill

606x341_349105.jpg

SEVNICA: -- She will be the first third wife to call the White House home.

Melania Trump is America’s new First Lady, and in her hometown of Sevnica everyone was glued to the television to cheer her on.

The mayor gushed that they are happy to see Melania doing so well. He added that they supported Trump’s candidacy and Melania who supported her husband.

USA-ELECTION/SLOVENIA-TRUMP

USA-ELECTION?SLOVENIA-TRUMP

Growing up in communist Yugoslavia, her friends say she had always dreamed big.

“As a child Melania was very creative and innovative already, and in that sense Sevnica was just too small for her. She always said she wanted to go to (Slovenia’s capital) Ljubljana to study at the design school there. She had a lot of potential, lots of skills, and I believe that is why she found her path to success abroad,” said childhood friend Mirjana Jelancic.

With a population of less than 5,000, Sevnica is getting comfortable with its newly-found fame.

On the campaign trail, Melania tended to shy away from the spotlight, especially after making a speech that appeared to borrow heavily from Michelle Obama, the woman whose shoes she now has to fill.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-11-10

Michelle Obama:

Raised on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois, Obama is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School, and spent her early legal career working at the law firm Sidley Austin, where she met her husband. She subsequently worked as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago and the Vice President for Community and External Affairs of the University of Chicago Medical Center. Barack and Michelle married in 1992 and have two daughters.

As First Lady, Obama has become a fashion icon, a role model for women, and an advocate for poverty awareness, nutrition, physical activity, and healthy eating.

Melania Trump:

Melania attended the Secondary School of Design and Photography in Ljubljana and studied at the University of Ljubljana for one year before dropping out.

Oh, yeah, you like how she looks a lot better than every other woman ...so that means everything ....that is why Donald married her.

She's also the only First Lady who is 25 YEARS YOUNGER than her husband.  If things were equal, Michelle Obama would have been 19 when she became First Lady.

Edited by amykat

54 minutes ago, amykat said:

Michelle Obama:

Raised on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois, Obama is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School, and spent her early legal career working at the law firm Sidley Austin, where she met her husband. She subsequently worked as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago and the Vice President for Community and External Affairs of the University of Chicago Medical Center. Barack and Michelle married in 1992 and have two daughters.

As First Lady, Obama has become a fashion icon, a role model for women, and an advocate for poverty awareness, nutrition, physical activity, and healthy eating.

Melania Trump:

Melania attended the Secondary School of Design and Photography in Ljubljana and studied at the University of Ljubljana for one year before dropping out.

Oh, yeah, you like how she looks a lot better than every other woman ...so that means everything ....that is why Donald married her.

She's also the only First Lady who is 25 YEARS YOUNGER than her husband.  If things were equal, Michelle Obama would have been 19 when she became First Lady.

You need to do your own research and seek out the truth as you are embarrassing yourself with incomplete content!  Nice spin....you should work for CNN...

Well finish it for me then ....

These photos of Michelle Obama looking her worst isn't spin?

Instead of focusing on how Michelle Obama at 52 isn't a supermodel, and posting ugly photos of her, as a way of building up your lovely model, Melania, why don't you just focus on her wonderful accomplishments?  You could start with her speech, that she stole from. ..who was that again ...oh, Michelle Obama???

Okay, I challenge you, start your list ...GO

Edited by amykat

3 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Finally, a First Lady in the White House with some class!

Haven't seen style, poise and bearing like Melania Trump since Jackie Kennedy. :smile:

Looking forward to seeing the White House interior after the decorators have finished.

Real "style". Real "classy":

classy.jpg

1 minute ago, Enoon said:

Looking forward to seeing the White House interior after the decorators have finished.

Real "style". Real "classy":

classy.jpg

She wasn't even responsible for that. Trump's apartment has looked like that for years, before her.  What does she do??

Bill Clinton wasn't a great role model for the white house. My guess is old wilted Donald will certainly continue his womanizing in the Oval office. There probably will be a collection of models lingering around despite Melania. Melania may be normal and innocent but I can't help but thinking she might be some sort of KGB spy.

She worked illegally in the U.S. and shouldn't have ever been allowed to be a U.S. citizen. That is verified now.

Trumpists would likely say, sure, but she's not Mexican or Muslim, so never mind.

As far as her personally, I can see beyond the language limitations and see she's a smart cookie and I can't blame her for marrying well. I don't see her being very successful as a role model first lady especially about morality. She appears rather ridiculous in that role. But that's what we've got.

Edited by Jingthing

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

She worked illegally in the U.S. and shouldn't have ever been allowed to be a U.S. citizen. That is verified now.

Trumpists would likely say, sure, but she's not Mexican or Muslim, so never mind.

As far as her personally, I can see beyond the language limitations and see she's a smart cookie and I can't blame her for marrying well. I don't see her being very successful as a role model first lady. She appears rather ridiculous in that role. But that's what we've got.

Actually I don't dislike her at all either.  I just dislike these animals on here who keep attacking all women ...the women who are "crying because Hillary lost"  ...all the other First Ladies who are not gorgeous models ...someone who posted a photo of Janet Reno drooling yesterday, who just died from Parkinson's, the constant feminist shamers, etc.

Edited by amykat

Yes its time to pack your baggage and heavens knows you have lots. A trip to your shrink might be in order to erase all the women from your memory that your husband has frolicked with during your marriage. Watch the Donald he could be sizing up your replacement as we type if past behavior is any example. After all he is now supposedly the most important man on the planet with an aging wife. You could be a liability. One must upgrade ones image. Do you send Christmas cards/birthday cards to the Donald's ex-wives and girlfriends must be long list. Yes I would be afraid truly afraid but then after your gone you could write a best selling book as I am sure you are privy to many dark secrets. Did you sign a non disclosure agreement? Lets call it Trump Exposed but then we have already been exposed to him and his nefarious ways. No secrets there. I am looking forward to what this spreader of false hope will  do during the next 4 years. Once the Deep states get done with him I am sure he will turn from a lion (mane and all) into a pussycat. I know in the Donalds case money equals power but to these people its the other way around power equals money similar to what money means to a drug dealer. Piles of paper hard to find storage for. 

Edited by elgordo38

Liberal go absolutely crazy at any suggestion of misogynistic "slut-shaming", now they are doing the same to Mrs. Trump. She did a few modeling jobs, all of them tasteful while waiting a short time for a work permit. How many of these Elites employ  illegal maids and gardeners for years on end?  A little liberal hypocrisy perhaps?

7 hours ago, 3FingeredWillie said:

Bill Clinton wasn't a great role model for the white house. My guess is old wilted Donald will certainly continue his womanizing in the Oval office. There probably will be a collection of models lingering around despite Melania. Melania may be normal and innocent but I can't help but thinking she might be some sort of KGB spy.

you've been watching too many Bond movies