Motor Expo: Pretties told to cover up or else!

webfact

Motor Expo: Pretties told to cover up or else!

a1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- "Pretties" at the upcoming Motor Expo 2016 car show have been told to cover up or else.

Organisers are demanding that outfits be submitted for approval before the event, reports Daily News.

And anyone who performs in an over the top way can expect trouble.

The event goes ahead at Impact Challenger in Muang Thong Thani, Bangkok, from December 1st to 12th.

At another motor show earlier in the year the culture minister went ape after a pretty and a male model ignored his requests and danced provocatively at a booth selling cars. 

The participants ended up apologizing to the public at a police station for their "sex show" antics.

Chairman of the organizing committee Kwanchai Paphatwong asked for the cooperation of the car and motorbike companies in toning things down at December's event.

He said that all "pretty" (the name given to promotional models) costumes must be submitted for approval. They must not be too revealing or "body hugging".

Skirts and shorts must be knee length, he said.

And there must be no over the top shows this time around - we shall be watching out, said Kwanchai warning the companies. Sound, lighting, dancing will all need to be "appropriate" he added.

Some 36 car companies and 19 motorbike manufacturers are expected.

Some 50,000 cars are expected to be ordered as well as 4,000 bikes.

Patrons are expected to spend 50 billion baht.

The car market in Thailand continues to boom. Total car sales this year are expected to exceed the 780,000 vehicles sold in 2015. 

This is indicated by the first nine months of the year that slightly exceeded the same period of last year.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-10

I do love these stern warnings.

Dress appropriately at motor shows or else!

Be careful what you post on Facebook or else! 

Sell lottery tickets at 80 Baht or else!

Sad things is - not once have I read "Don't partake in corruption or else!"

At the very least, they could have "Don't drink and drive or else!"

But no. Let's threaten the public with minor things that address nothing but saving face. 

So, moomoos it is then.   :shock1:

Talk about fun and life sucking idiots.  Where do they find these killjoys.

That said, it is a very sad person who would go to a motor show just to gawk at the 'Pretties'.  Mostly, I find them quite unpretty.

They are only going overboard this year because the PM jumped in last time to demonstrate his authority by putting a stop to lewd and lascivious dancing. This year none of his subordinates want to feel his wrath so they are just making sure they don't end up doing KP or cleaning the officers latrines. 

13 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

They are only going overboard this year because the PM jumped in last time to demonstrate his authority by putting a stop to lewd and lascivious dancing. This year none of his subordinates want to feel his wrath so they are just making sure they don't end up doing KP or cleaning the officers latrines. 

Nothing worse than subordinates trying to look good and please the boss by second guessing what he wants, what he's thinking etc.

So often backfires.

Have two Moto Expos 

One for people who just come to buy cars with no entertainment 

Two for people who are over 18 and are told at the enterance that this is car and entertainment pavilion with pretty girls and guys dancing for the promotion of car and bike sales.

I wonder which car pavilion would have more vehicle sales 

30% or more of the paying public who attend the motor show are photographers who have only one thing in mind 

taking photos of pretty scantily clad girls and guys and no interest in purchasing a new car at all .

3 hours ago, Sphere said:

Only if you're interested in a Ford.

I think these cute words may need explaining for some readers. 

As I understand it, Ford model T's were only produced in black. Thus, it was said that "you can have any colour you want as long as it is black". 

(My 2 cents worth)

4 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

"The car market in Thailand continues to boom."

Oh sure.....Toyota recently announced a 25% drop in sales......!

Who writes this stuff?

The so called boomer boasters of the economy. They are a necessity here.  Media spinners are falling on their sword world wide look at the American election. The biggest spinners are in China constantly telling the world how great their hollowed out economy is.