Pump rage! Driver caught on CCTV kicking attendant in head for asking him to turn off his engine

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, smedly said:

it is an inferiority complex were individuals feel the need to make a point when they feel their imagined superiority has been brought into question, they could be gang members - influential people or related - mafia connections - I am red shirt etc etc and feel they are so powerful they are above the law and everyone should kneel to them and their imagined power, they feel the need to take retribution when they feel insulted (a motive I also believe was responsible for the Koh Tao murders), they will continue to behave like this until they realise it will not be tolerated and that they will be caught  and severely punnished

Your biased Red Shirt comment is just so blinkered and has nothing to do with the thread in hand. It's sole purpose is to make a cheap political statement. 

59 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Yesterday there was a pump attendant talking very rude to a customer also at a Shell pump station here in CM.

Maybe its company police that staff can be rude to customers ?

I was in shock that the attendant could get away with that kind of talking.

Not saying good that he got kicked but there must be another side to this story.

So basically what you're saying is that if a pump attendant is rude to you you're entitled to sneak up behind him and give him a couple of wellies in the back.

It's attitudes like yours that attempt to damp down the offense by suggesting provocation that encourages this pond life to act like this.

When it became a rule to turn of your engine while being refueled i already wondered how long it would take before some one would resort to violence.Yes ,how dare a low gas attendant ask you to shut of your engine,do you know who i think i am?

I was asked a few times to turn of the motor,i did but now nobody even asks anymore.

Another crackdown crackeddown.(chrashed)

19 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

What is it with the instant, and often unprovoked violence that just erupts from Thai males of all ages?  Today this gas station attendant.  A couple of days ago a security guard,  just for looking at some men.  The guy at the toll booth. It doesn't seem like there is a day that goes by without some report of this unprovoked, insane violence.  Uni students attacking, clubbing, beating, stabbing and shooting others over the simple fact that they go to a different school.  The Mini Cooper driver, who thought he was so Hi-So he could do what he wanted.  The gang of thugs (no other name for them) who attacked, beat and stabbed the disabled men. It's totally crazy when you can be beaten or killed just for looking at someone in a way they perceive as "not right".  

This is insanity at it's height. 

I think this has been going on here for many years.

The difference now is that 'ordinary'  people are starting to fight back by using social media as they historically get no joy via the 'correct channels' i.e. the police

So whilst it appears that violent acts are increasing, which may also be the case, it is also being highlighted more than it ever was and it is very difficult for the authorities to stop it, short of banning social media channels - now would cause a social revolution in the LOS.

19 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

What is it with the instant, and often unprovoked violence that just erupts from Thai males of all ages?  Today this gas station attendant.  A couple of days ago a security guard,  just for looking at some men.  The guy at the toll booth. It doesn't seem like there is a day that goes by without some report of this unprovoked, insane violence.  Uni students attacking, clubbing, beating, stabbing and shooting others over the simple fact that they go to a different school.  The Mini Cooper driver, who thought he was so Hi-So he could do what he wanted.  The gang of thugs (no other name for them) who attacked, beat and stabbed the disabled men. It's totally crazy when you can be beaten or killed just for looking at someone in a way they perceive as "not right".  

This is insanity at it's height. 

I think this has been going on here for many years.

The difference now is that 'ordinary'  people are starting to fight back by using social media as they historically get no joy via the 'correct channels' i.e. the police

So whilst it appears that violent acts are increasing, which may also be the case, it is also being highlighted more than it ever was and it is very difficult for the authorities to stop it, short of banning social media channels - now would cause a social revolution in the LOS.

20 hours ago, kannot said:

when your society runs on hi so lo so this is what can happen.................remember that guy at the airport who was hi so and slapped the official there..............the whole system stinks and is  rotten to the core

I remember a security guard asked a soldier not to double-park on Rama 4 and the army guy shot him. Just the way things are in Thailand. You have to know your place. And that is why I tell anyone I know to never, never, NEVER get into an argument with a Thai for any reason. Their fragile ego of a four-year old just can't handle it.

Got to love the auction plated Honda being considered hiso.  The guy gets the Honda on the cheap cheap and now he's hiso, so kicking some poor attendant in the head is deemed OK.  Dumbass.......

Do not understand the full definition of Hi-so. Is it everyone who is financially better off than the author of the post? Or are there certain criteria to be met to be considered hi-so?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

IMHO  this  prick was so galled by the fact that a mere pump  attendant (doing his job) would request anything from someone superior to him that it ate at him enough for him to return for only the attack which at that point was premeditated. Felony assault in the first degree!!!!!!!!!

There has too much of this in the recent news. I saw where recently the PM took a personal interest in the wannabe hi-so spawn attacking the revenue dept delivery motorcyclist. I think the PM should further intervene and enact wither new legislation or even article 44 to come down on these haves vs have nots, elites vs the unwashed, or elderly. Without any punishment it will continue. There has to be punishment to fit the crime!!!!. And publish the punishment widely!! Sickening really. And they all have their weak childish excuses (taught to do since their early years).

The only reason we are availed of all of this is due to social media and many CCTV cameras.

I recently had a fender bender with a local Thai brute. As I could not immediately pull to the left due to traffic congestion, he pulled out a revolver and started waving it out his window at me. I was scared shit-less. I now have a dash cam to document such incidents.

As another poster mentioned it is now quite important to avoid ANY interaction with any Thai man child.

16 minutes ago, Yahooka said:

Instead of a 500 baht fine the guy in the white shirt should be dozed with gazoline and then put on fire...................Utter scumbag !!

good  grief,  nail him to  a  cross whilst  youre at it after  skinning  him alive etc

21 hours ago, jolive said:

What the problem with this people acting like barbarian.. that poor boy jus doing his job

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Me thinks that adopting caning from Singapore might be the more appropriate answer to deal with these  kinds of acts that appear to get more and more common nowadays rather than just appealing to the culprit's better nature.

The latter just fails to work as also the school brawling problem showed most recently. Just vowing to be a better person paired with a wai simply does not do the job. In this case our PM appears to be betting on the wrong horse and therefore things seem to get worse rather than improving.

9 minutes ago, chuang said:

Do you think all these behaviors have to do with which government is in charge 

IMHO the answer is no.

As several other posters mentioned earlier there are more people with mobile phones and cameras who are willing to post on the social media.

I think that the reason that Thais don't want to get involved was also mentioned earlier in the thread. Nobody has any idea if the person at fault here has an easy access to a weapon. If he is arrested and bailed, and has easy access to a weapon there is nothing wrong (in his mind anyway) why he shouldn't return and perhaps shoot the attendant and anybody else that gets in his way, insults him or, worst of all, makes him lose face.

Also IMHO the total reform of the police should have been done 20 or 30 years ago.

The behaviors have nothing to do with what government is in charge. They have everything to do with a society that has a broken family system; a school system that does not enforce proper decorum; a religious system that does not teach ethics and behavior and where its clergy are often complicit in illicit behavior. Then throw in the fact that Thailand operates on a caste system where might makes right and you are seeing the result. People have short tempters and are always in a hurry. As one of the posters mentioned- never get into an argument or confrontation with a Thai- it could and normally will result in some violent act. 

I think it has increased in the last 10 years and not only in Thailand. This is happening in Western countries also. People have no moral compass and its because there are very few role models anymore that lead by example.

Its amazing,isnt it?Our beloved leader tells us that Thailand must,and is moving forward.And yet,its wonderful examples like this that prove,that the Thai class system still allows some to treat the people that do the menial(but helpful) jobs are treated like punishing a runaway slave.
Example Given, of the tosser that tried to make a guy apologise to his car.

This is sheer unfounded,spoilt,childish rage,fueled by ignorance and knowledge of there being no recrimination by law enforcement.

2 hours ago, lungnorm said:

Hope they can get the rego number from the video and throw the book at the low life.

“He asked Mr Pariwat for 3,000 baht in compensation, which he received. We have charged Mr Pariwat with assault and fined him 1,000 baht.”

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Gas-station-altercation-suspect-charged-fined/65867

22 hours ago, webfact said:

He was just doing his job according to regulations.

Will the BIB and the system do their job according to regulations?? Not bloody likely. If crimes like this are not fully prosecuted it will only serve as a lesson to other Thais that the law does not punish you for infractions like this. Its like giving people the go ahead to assault others. 

Edited by elgordo38

56 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Tie the guy to a pole in the centre of the city and let the aggrieved give him 30 whacks with a cane. Now that would be justice and a deterrent all at the same time. 

But only if it is approved and filmed for the social media. The problem with doing that is that the PC people, lefties, social workers and SJW people would be screaming about "his" human rights and not care about the original victim.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But only if it is approved and filmed for the social media. The problem with doing that is that the PC people, lefties, social workers and SJW people would be screaming about "his" human rights and not care about the original victim.

Do they have all those human rights here? Amazing.

Me thinks that adopting caning from Singapore might be the more appropriate answer to deal with these  kinds of acts that appear to get more and more common nowadays rather than just appealing to the culprit's better nature.

The latter just fails to work as also the school brawling problem showed most recently. Just vowing to be a better person paired with a wai simply does not do the job. In this case our PM appears to be betting on the wrong horse and therefore things seem to get worse rather than improving.

Should implement caning system and not jus fine and serve time

“He asked Mr Pariwat for 3,000 baht in compensation, which he received. We have charged Mr Pariwat with assault and fined him 1,000 baht.”

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Gas-station-altercation-suspect-charged-fined/65867

Really!!!!

3000baht compensation and 1000baht fine case closed??

Wow!!

23 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Beyond belief.

We all have a bad day from time to time, but why take it out on a young kid doing his job, and trying to abide by the rules of health and safety ?

Because he is a coward that feels he can freely abuse someone that is obviously no physical match for him. I have been on the receiving end in the UK when I was a skinny 18 year old, 3 guys were just looking to hurt someone, any easy target. These people are utter thugs and just want to hurt other people, most are too scared to get into an even fight. I have to say though, the Thai's really do seem to like to blindside people, you see it a hell of a lot in videos here. I hope they lock this guy up for a significant period.