Thai Bank Statement For Proof Of Address

Can anyone help or advise?  I'm currently in the process of applying for business banking with HSBC in the UK.

To verify my current address in Thailand they ask for a utility bill or bank statement with address on.  The only utility bill I have is my monthly mobile phone bill, but they won't accept a mobile bill.

HSBC Requirements

I have four different bank accounts registered at this address, but have never had a statement as it's all online.  Do you know if it's possible to order a statement with my address on?

Any help is appreciated.

Had similar problems with SCB for a Scwab account. In the end they agreed a letter from SCB stating my address would be sufficient however they did need to phone my branch to verify which I gave up on in the end after they had tried three times and had been unable to anyone to confirm the letter despite actually speaking to the person who wrote it.

6 hours ago, meatboy said:

what about immigration ?

thai driving licence.

thai tax id [TIN]

OR DONT YOU WANT TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PAY. 100bht.in the bank.

<removed>

Thai driving license doesn't have your address on it.

HSBC have a strict policy of what they will accept.   

Here

} Current UK/EU photocard driving licence, full or provisional.*1

} Council tax bill, valid for current billing year and dated within the last 13 months.

} Current full overseas driving licence.

} Utility bill, dated within the last four months.*1

} Telephone bill, dated within the last four months. Mobile phone bills are not acceptable.*1

} Home broadband, Sky or cable TV bill, dated within the last four months.*1

} Mortgage statement from a recognised lender, dated within the last 12 months. Mortgage statements from HSBC or First Direct are not acceptable.*1

} Credit card statement, dated within the last four months.*1,2 } Bank, building society or credit union statement dated within the last four months.*1,2

} Disabled parking document that includes your photograph, signature, date of birth and address (blue or orange).

} HM Revenue & Customs tax notification, dated within the last four months. P45s and P60s are not acceptable.

} Tenancy agreement from a local council or reputable letting agency, dated within the last 12 months. Tenancy agreements from private landlords are not acceptable.

} Letter confirming your right to benefits from Department for Works & Pensions, Jobcentre Plus, a benefits agency or a veterans agency, dated within the last four months.

Edited by ubonjoe
flame removed

3 minutes ago, Orac said:

Had similar problems with SCB for a Scwab account. In the end they agreed a letter from SCB stating my address would be sufficient however they did need to phone my branch to verify which I gave up on in the end after they had tried three times and had been unable to anyone to confirm the letter despite actually speaking to the person who wrote it.

HSBC wouldn't budge at all.   Even though I had Car Insurance, Mobile Phone Bill and even a letter from my bank, all with my address on it.

I gave up in the end.  Made my father a company director and he applied for the bank account with Barclays. 

6 hours ago, angryfarang said:

<removed>

Here

} Council tax bill, valid for current billing year and dated within the last 13 months.

} Telephone bill, dated within the last four months. Mobile phone bills are not acceptable.*1

} Mortgage statement from a recognised lender, dated within the last 12 months. Mortgage statements from HSBC or First Direct are not acceptable.*1

} Credit card statement, dated within the last four months.*1,2 } Bank, building society or credit union statement dated within the last four months.*1,2

} Disabled parking document that includes your photograph, signature, date of birth and address (blue or orange).

} HM Revenue & Customs tax notification, dated within the last four months. P45s and P60s are not acceptable.

} Tenancy agreement from a local council or reputable letting agency, dated within the last 12 months. Tenancy agreements from private landlords are not acceptable.

} Letter confirming your right to benefits from Department for Works & Pensions, Jobcentre Plus, a benefits agency or a veterans agency, dated within the last four months.

Easy there Tonto.

The Thai DL does have your address in Thai written on the back.

Last month, My UK bank accepted a sworn affirmation made at the British Embassy in Bangkok of the address on my Thai DL.

12 minutes ago, angryfarang said:

HSBC wouldn't budge at all.   Even though I had Car Insurance, Mobile Phone Bill and even a letter from my bank, all with my address on it.

I gave up in the end.  Made my father a company director and he applied for the bank account with Barclays. 

Good call. HSBC have been a big disappointment to many over the past 5 or 6 years when their 'global' banking endeavour was eventually sh!tcanned. Plenty 'loyal' customers were left in the lurch. Nationwide International and more recently NatWest (RBS) have also been discouraging international gypsies from applying.

Barclays are the pick of the bunch right now. Or Lloyds if you have a bit more moolah.

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Easy there Tonto.

The Thai DL does have your address in Thai written on the back.

Last month, My UK bank accepted a sworn affirmation made at the British Embassy in Bangkok of the address on my Thai DL.

I'm looking at both my motorbike and car thai driving license and there is no address on the bank or front.  They're both about 4 years old.

Is yours a new one?

Just now, angryfarang said:

I'm looking at both my motorbike and car thai driving license and there is no address on the bank or front.  They're both about 4 years old.

Is yours a new one?

My second 5-year license issued about 18 months ago in Udon Thani. Previous Thai licenses also had the address on the back.

On the back, in the gap between the black stripe at the top and the authorizing signature and vehicle type boxes on the bottom, there are two lines of Thai text, the first is a comment on any Restrictions (none on mine) and the next line is my address in Thai (without the zip code).

6 hours ago, angryfarang said:

<removed>

Here

seems you have a COMMUNICATION problem.

2 hours ago, angryfarang said:

Is yours a new one?

Are they fake ?

Mine has the address and is a second 5 year license. the previous 5 year license also had my address...on the back in  Thai.

5 hours ago, angryfarang said:

HSBC in the UK won't budge - regardless of circumstance. I had to provide proof of ID and address to one of their teams. They said "just take your passport and proof of ID to any HSBC branch" - didn't seem aware of the fact that Thailand isn't in the UK or that HSBC closed their retail operations here several years ago.

So then it was o k - just a certified copy of the passport and POA. They would accept original copy of non HSBC bank statement (an original does have differences to one downloaded from the internet banking) or a credit card statement. But insisted they were certified by the bank (which Thai banks don't seem to do), the British Embassy (expensive and inconvenient) or a lawyer. One of the HSBC people I spoke to in the UK even downloaded the list of recommended lawyers from the Embassy website and sent it to me! I paid to get them certified, and sent them by UPS. 

To be fair, they processed everything very quickly on receipt. And then, few weeks later sent all the originals back to me! 

Didn't want to know about cost reimbursement though.

Bear in mind I have the same current account for over 40 years!

With Kasikorn Bank I got current month statement printed at branch and got it signed by staff confirming their name bank employee number. Fees to be paid to bank.  Secondly there is address in Thai on back of Thai License under or above black strip. I got front and back of license translated with official translator  and than got that translation + copy of original license certified at : Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Bangkok.  Their you can get any government issued document certified by Diplomatic Service Officer. It is time consuming and fees to be paid but well worth it.

2 hours ago, akentryan said:

I get a statement in the mail every month on my accounts at UOB branch on 2nd Road around Soi 13/4.  You might check there

Typically Thai banks don't issue regular statements in the mail and when they are requested, they do not include the account holders address hence the common requirement to get a letter from the bank stating your address. Depending on the branch, the manager on duty, the weather and if it is market day in Nakhon Nowhere, these requests are commonly refused. Does UOB's statements have the address without having to go begging for it?

Sorry but this is real easy I do it numerous times go to your bank branch as for a letter from bank confirming you have an account with them and tell them you need your address on the letter as well. 10 mins 100 bht a letter bank headed paper confirming two things your account with them and that you live at xxxx address. HSBC will accept this it's my bank in UK and have used this method to confirm my address here.

7 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Sorry but this is real easy I do it numerous times go to your bank branch as for a letter from bank confirming you have an account with them and tell them you need your address on the letter as well. 10 mins 100 bht a letter bank headed paper confirming two things your account with them and that you live at xxxx address. HSBC will accept this it's my bank in UK and have used this method to confirm my address here.

Correct same conditions as my Barclays acc in London. 

They even accept a 3bb statement as proof of address.

On 17/11/2016 at 9:29 AM, angryfarang said:

<removed>

Here

Wrong Thai Driving License Does have your address on the back.