Foreign reserves up by US$1.5 billion as of Nov 4

Foreign reserves up by US$1.5 billion as of Nov 4

476_BOT.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Thailand’s foreign reserves as of November 4 stood at US$181.6 billion (6.353 trillion baht), representing an increase of US$ 1.5 billion (53 billion baht) based on foreign exchange rate at 35.30 baht/dollar, according to the Bank of Thailand.

Foreign reserves a week earlier amounted to US$180.1 billion or 6.325 trillion baht.

Forward position stood at US$2.18 billion, representing an increase of US$300 compared to last week’s forward position, resulting in a net increase of foreign reserves to $203.4 billion – an increase of $1.2 billion compared to last week’s net foreign reserves increase of $ 2.022 billion.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/foreign-reserves-up-by-us1-5-billion-as-of-nov-4/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-12

8 hours ago, chiang mai said:

But down from USD183 bill. one month ago! Not sure why we have this story to be honest.

http://www2.bot.or.th/statistics/BOTWEBSTAT.aspx?reportID=94&language=ENG

Just trying to impress the H out of you. Its a financial lullaby. If Jim Rickards is right (I take him with a grain of salt) holding to many $ could be dangerous to your financial health. Not to worry if there is a shortage of or drop in the US dollar I am sure they can crank up a baht printer. The rest of the world is doing it. 

Not to hijack this story, but  i recently saw a Bloomberg story that said to expect a U.S. Fed rate hike  in December.

"Expeets" accoding to Bloomberg are nearly 100 percent certain it will happen.

Question: if it does happen  what will that do to the Baht/Dollar exchange rate?