Video: Child, 4, knocked down - woman lies to bystanders then flees the scene

webfact

Nobody deserves to be in accident but the child was in the wrong for dashing out n playing on the road. are there no laws for parental negligence in thailand? the driver should not have fled n offer assistance. this video was enough to prove her innocence but now she is being hunted for hit n run. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, trogers said:

Ran across the road, from behind a parked car...

His parents should be the ones being charged for poor parenting!

Really?

Yes it may not good parenting but driver also travelling to fast to stop thus avoiding child being knocked down AND then leaving the scene of the collision (NOT accident) without assistance to the child.

A cowardly act by uncaring driver!

9 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Daddy says if the driver had owned up straight away he wouldn't have asked for anything so does that mean he'll now be looking for compensation if the driver is traced ?

No words of distress or sense of loss at losing a child ?

The child is recovering in hospital so the child is not dead.  It was a tragic accident and the way that the driver tried to blame someone else is despicable but not surprising.  In Thailand people will always blame someone else so as not to lose face.  I hope the father gets his compensation and a grovelling apology for not owning up. 

HYPERACTIVE THAI BOY is to blame for the accident. Period.
Fleeing is another matter but have you seen the video. Thai lack of basic safety education at its best. The kid has learned valuable lesson. I hope...

All boys that age are like that. Jumping up and down full of excitement. Accidents like this are common all over the world. No one is really to blame.

Things could be done to prevent accidents like this.

- No parking on sidewalks.

- An adult looking after the children.

- Speed bumps built on the road to slow traffic.

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

And you just take for granted that Thai people just don´t teach their children about the dangers in the streets and traffic. How come?

This case is clearly about a boy that do something in the moment, and just like other children don´t think at the time. It´s called an accident.

You must love this country very much, but appearently have a great disrespect for the Thai population.

blah-blah-blah

1 hour ago, Mook23 said:

HYPERACTIVE THAI BOY is to blame for the accident. Period.

Fleeing is another matter but have you seen the video. Thai lack of basic safety education at its best. The kid has learned valuable lesson. I hope...

1 hour ago, Mook23 said:

Rilatine helps too...

Or a leash...

:wink:

As usual it´s always nice to see that the people that speak without thinking has not left the forum.
I sincery hope you stay, because you´re really amusing. Now I actually feel real smart.

If the diver had admitted to the accident and there was no video to support her version, what would have happened. I am not saying that she should have legged it.

My wife or myself never drive anywhere without our dash cams on.

Post #96 covers it for me.  Very fortunate that the injury was apparently not fatal or life changing.

THAILAND: the lack of responsibility at his best. Parents that does not give a buck about their children playing in the road, drivers that escape the scene as the most common thing to do...

The driver deserve to go to Jail, but not because he was speeding or hit the child, because he flied that scene, and he could have done a difference in the outcoming of the health of the child.

Mostly of these people should be back with buffalo chart growing crops, not driving Suv or Pick ups...

Edited by Nerone

10 hours ago, Minnehaha said:

kids make mistakes all the time. watching him before the hit, it is clear he is excited with the rain and probably going some place with his brother ... normal ... healthy kid stuff. it is heartbreaking to see him run out into the rain and get hit by a car. but he ran into the middle of the road from behind a parked car. why? it does not matter now. 

the car hit a child and the driver knew it happened. then did not do the right thing and stop to help, regardless of culpability. the humane thing to do is to stop and help. this matters. if they lied about it, then this matters. 

as a parent, we know how kids are. their excitement and enthusiasm is what keeps the world turning, for christsake. sometimes, I think kids and dogs are the most spiritually whole embodiment of GOOD there is in the world. sometimes. they cannot control themselves with excitement. or sadness. they do not filter. innocent. 

"... they cannot control themselves with excitement. or sadness. they do not filter. innocent. "

That 's why the parents should show responsibility and teach them about how to avoid dangers and take care of them and watch and protect them in potentially dangerous situations.

3 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Really?

Yes it may not good parenting but driver also travelling to fast to stop thus avoiding child being knocked down AND then leaving the scene of the collision (NOT accident) without assistance to the child.

A cowardly act by uncaring driver!

too fast to stop?

You mean 5 miles an hour?

You serious?

1/ Driver should not have left the scene of an accident.

2/ Car should not be parked on the footpath forcing pedestrians onto the road.

3/ Driver not to blame, unless can be proved to be speeding.

4/ Children do this type of thing everyday all over the world. Road safety lessons should be taught by parents, grand parents and at school.

1/ Driver should not have left the scene of an accident.
2/ Car should not be parked on the footpath forcing pedestrians onto the road.
3/ Driver not to blame, unless can be proved to be speeding.
4/ Children do this type of thing everyday all over the world. Road safety lessons should be taught by parents, grand parents and at school.

5/ Speed bumps on the road to slow down traffic. We have them in our street and it works wonders.

Just now, Wilsonandson said:

5/ Speed bumps on the road to slow down traffic. We have them in our street and it works wonders.

I would agree, but this looks like a main road but in a built up area, speed bumps are for very slow moving traffic not 40 kph.

I have to say the truck looks to going faster than even 50 kph, they do that where I live all day every day, speed bumps are on the side roads.

Let your precious child play by the side of a busy road, with a view of traffic blocked by what is probably their own vehicle. I sometimes wonder why people have children if this is the way they treat them. The driver was not to blame at all, but should have stopped.  

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why blame the driver for the boys stupidity?

Parents are to blame for not teaching the boy about road safety.

OOPS sorry nobody here knows about road safety, it is an alien concept to Thais.

I think the driver is being blamed for fleeing the scene.

25 minutes ago, sead said:

Can I please. Rofl for those accusing the driver. Clearly the parenthood is to blame for this.

No, not really allowed in this case. Definately not with a comment like yours. Children are out like this in many places in the world.
In thoose countries it is not called bad parenting. It´s just the way of life. You don´t have to accept that, but you can not excuse yourself for laughing and think that is ok either.

How ever most of the people here are not accusing the driver. Some do and in that case they mostly mean he/she shouldn´t have fled the scene.

For that everybody have the right to blame the driver. Just you that are doing wrong laughing about it.

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

... and the parents have to pay for possible damage of the car, caused by not observing the child

This comment will probably go to the history as one of the most peculiar and sad ones.
Did you really make that one up yourself, or did someone help you?

14 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Parking a car on the sidewalk doesn't help.

these people have no road sense. Almost every day I encounter motorcyclists wheeling out their parked motorbike from the side of the road

with their back to the oncoming traffic. And how many times do you see people joining an intersection without bothering to simply turn their had to check on oncoming traffic. Why is it so hard to do?:blink:

59 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

How could you live with yourself knowing you smashed your 4wd jeep into a 4 year old boy who was thrown violently through the air like a rag doll.

Come on now Wilsonandson thats a bit emotive, the driver had no chance of avoiding the collision 

<deleted> is  wrong with  many of  you? Yes. The  child made a  mistake. Children  do  that. But if the  driver of the  vehicle  stopped out  of sight and  returned  to offer lies  then  disappear then they are   more  fault as a hit and  run driver.

Yes, yes. I  have seen  many times  the twaddle  about " If  it were me I  would  not stop  becaue  a  farang  is  "always  to  blame'"  <deleted>.

And  yet  you  subjct  Thai  to criticsism  about  disregard  to  law ! This  incident involvs  people  Thai.

Yet  despite  Thai  bashing  about  disregard to law   you  espouse views of  support  in a  criminal  scenario.

May a  rabid  dog get  you  with  your  pants  down !

A woman in Thailand telling lies and distorting the facts! Ah, come on, pull the other one, no way.

The driver was obviously not at fault, but she had a duty to remain on the scene to give evidence and file a report to the police. A nasty piece of work this person.