Things, I dont understand, in Thailand

Peterw42

11 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Sorry not stupid enough to ever hire, date or marry a hooker.

That's a pretty stupid thing to say.

Nothing wrong with hiring a hooker if nobody is hurt. I've met many here and some in Scotland who are very nice, decent human beings.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Back in the 70s & 80s, that was about all they had - Nescafe, Instant... the coffee explosion is a pretty recent phenomena, maybe the last ten years or so. My nearest Tesco does not have much selection of coffee, but there is a great little specialty store that has great beans... 

More like 20 years. Also, there's always been the gafae boran, bag coffee which is the Thai equivalent and very good.

12 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

answer: because most foreigners are trouble. I keep a safe distance. Most of my friends are Thais. I moved to Thailand to live with Thais not other foreigners. YUCK!

are you drunk?

btw, are you single? nice track there.

10 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Oh, so you originate from Greece. Before I first came to Thailand it was my favourite place to holiday back in the early 80s. Food was often a bit cold, but I have had some great meals there. The islands are (or were when I was there) very beautiful. People were friendly enough and enjoyed a joke.

Of course the EU has screwed the Greek economy, you should never have joined the Euro.

Best of luck, Australia is not for everyone,  I had a friend who was there two years and couldn't stand the place, but my son is applying for citizenship.

No not from Greece my parents are I am born Australia.

not understand how someone can't stand Australia but up to them .

gets me How if you not  perfect at English some of TV members think you are  Second rate person 

we are all  different but if our English is not that good dose not make you a better person from someone who English is not that good.

7 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

No not from Greece my parents are I am born Australia.

not understand how someone can't stand Australia but up to them .

gets me How if you not  perfect at English some of TV members think you are  Second rate person 

we are all  different but if our English is not that good dose not make you a better person from someone who English is not that good.

your native language skills need some work.

13 hours ago, seancbk said:

How would you feel if someone told you they believed in the Easter Bunny?

well there is probably more chance that the easter bunny is more real than god. i have seen more rabbits than gods. if someone wants to believe in the easter rabbit then i cant see the harm in it. only church i would ever join is the church of the flying spagetti monster. i have seen plenty of spagetti in my time as well.

8 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

well there is probably more chance that the easter bunny is more real than god. i have seen more rabbits than gods. if someone wants to believe in the easter rabbit then i cant see the harm in it. only church i would ever join is the church of the flying spagetti monster. i have seen plenty of spagetti in my time as well.

The role of the Easter Bunny is quite simple. Easter eggs remind us of rabbit poo. Jesus was reincarnated as a rabbit at Easter, hence the "Easter Bunny"

13 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

your native language skills need some work.

You are Mr English as well gets me how people like you think you are better then someone who's English is not that good dose it make you better no it dose not just makes you look like a not say 

Just now, georgemandm said:

You are Mr English as well gets me how people like you think you are better then someone who's English is not that good dose it make you better no it dose not just makes you look like a not say 

I never said I was better than anyone but I would have though someone who was born in Australia to Australian  parents would have a better command of the language.

Just now, Don Mega said:

I never said I was better than anyone but I would have though someone who was born in Australia to Australian  parents would have a better command of the language.

No I said you think you are better read ok 

you think you are better by say what you said to me but you are not you are just a smart a 

Just now, georgemandm said:

No I said you think you are better read ok 

you think you are better by say what you said to me but you are not you are just a smart a 

So you dont understand English either.

Lets leave it there then.

Just now, Don Mega said:

So you dont understand English either.

Lets leave it there then.

No yes I do but for someone like you I have no time for sorry you are a very poor man to get on here and put me down because my  stand of English is not up to your  expectations 

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ok.

Ok I am not stupid like you think I am , but my English is not great and there is a  reason for that,  so before people like you and others on here like you put someone down because there English is not good, think before you have a go .

3 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Ok I am not stupid like you think I am , but my English is not great and there is a  reason for that,  so before people like you and others on here like you put someone down because there English is not good, think before you have a go .

Ok.

On 17/11/2016 at 3:40 PM, roo860 said:

I think your head is worth more than 120bt.

emoji15.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

If it works and does the job price is not an issue of course I would 8n spect the helmet first and if I did not like it I would not buy it. bought a helmet once or twice in UK from those cheap shops Aldi/lidil. exellent helmets at a fraction of the cost of supposedly "better" helmets. I ride a push bike as well and the helmet I bought for that cost me 50 bht perfectly good exactly the same spec as much dearer ones. however the test is when they are needed and touch wood I will never have to test them.

12 hours ago, gemguy said:

Welcome to the: Things I don't understand in Thailand club.

As a member of the club, next time you are required to post a more comprehensive list of bewilderment and or illogical behavior you have witnessed.

Cheers

I was hoping others would add to the list, but the thread has been hijacked a little. 

I knew what you meant, Peterw42.  Purchased a green tea smoothie thingy for my wife at Starbucks the other day and it nearly did come to an average days wages for a Thai.

But your talking about the lowest class of Thai who would never enter a Starbucks which by the way are always filled with middle and upper class Thai.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Ill try and get it back on topic.

Why you have to leave the wrist strings on for 3 days but the ones that fall off are ok to leave off?  Why is it ok to take off the ones that people tie around your fingers?  Why are they yellow nowadays instead of being white like they used to be?

On ‎18‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 11:15 AM, nikmar said:

one thing i can't wrap my head around is the market for ladyboys. And i say that with no disrespect or prejudice.

A ladyboy looks for a straight man as oppose to a gay man. But a straight man would rather a genuine lady, right?

So a punter from the west comes over here and looks for a ladyboy "playmate"; is he gay or straight or does he just have a fetish.

As I said, I'm not looking down on anyone who prefers a ladyboy companion, just not sure where the mind is set.

It's the option of indulging in homosexual sex when one couldn't do it with someone that looks like a man. Many men are bi sexual, though they would never admit it and would never try it back "home".

BTW a "real" ladyboy, as opposed to someone that just wants to wear girly clothes is ( in their mind ) a "woman", so of course they want straight men to go with.

Walk on the wild side- Lou Reed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG6fayQBm9w

23 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

And these are the very things that make Thailand so wonderful.After a while,you just stand and watch,never understanding why,but by then you will have an understanding of the things that you have critsised and accept them.As for the Woman thing,well,no,one ever really understands them.A total breed alone,You will made a breakthrough when you understand the gist of a conversation,when you ask a question,and she answers in the positive but actually means the negative.Its a wonderful life here(i dont live an Patts)The feeling of never knowing what you will have to contend with next,is exciting in its self.If you Live in Patts and are on the scene there,then you may also never understand why so many expats commit suicide,but as i said,while you are(and i quote) deliriously happy.You,dear boy, and all of us who have or do,live in Patts are part of an ever changing learning curve society.

Long may it continue.:smile:

I have a theory on the expat suicide thing. It's men that can no longer live in LOS for whatever reason but can't face going back to whence they came. I understand that feeling myself. However, I never cut off all ties with the old country, so I have something to go back to.

Why they build beautiful buildings and places but never fix them and let them slowly disintegrate. I've seen plenty of beautiful temples and surrounds that are falling into decrepitude.

While I'm on about that, people that depend on tourism for a living that make no attempt to clean up the garbage infested, decrepit, disgusting and dangerous places that they are touting as tourist attractions.

I originally wanted to say that I don't understand Thai women, but that would probably apply equally to all women, so probably not applicable on this thread.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have a theory on the expat suicide thing. It's men that can no longer live in LOS for whatever reason but can't face going back to whence they came. I understand that feeling myself. However, I never cut off all ties with the old country, so I have something to go back to.

Maybe. Although I think it's possible that they're just lost souls. People often overlook the fact that our actions can change who we are. Many come here and act as if what they do has no consequences. Maybe one day they look in the mirror and realise who they've become as a result of what they have done?

1 minute ago, SoiBiker said:

Maybe. Although I think it's possible that they're just lost souls. People often overlook the fact that our actions can change who we are. Many come here and act as if what they do has no consequences. Maybe one day they look in the mirror and realise who they've become as a result of what they have done?

I did nuffink guv.........'onest.........:stoner:

Thaibeachlovers

Your post makes sense in a way.I am of the mind that it is only a small percentage of the Pattaya Flyer's Club,whom actually,purposely end ttheir own lives.This may be because they are terminally ill,or severely depressed.To fling ones self from a great height is no easy task.Its not always instant death,and the pain that ensues must be agonising.The others take an overdose or go out with a 'bang' so to speak.Heart attacks are common here also.It just seems that Lieland is the home of many suicides,too many per month.Being worth more dead than alive,is also a reason why these guys have met their early demise.Wives,girlfriends,etc can become very interested in you longevity i.f they stand to gain something from it.And,yes,there are those who have nothing to go back to or just dont want to.Also it would seem that the RTB are all qualified coroners,because they decide its suicide before the corpse gets to the morgue.

I hear you when you say that you understand these feelings.Please dont go down that road,we dont want to lose another TV member.

I, like you have a home back in the UK.I dont rent it,because i dont want it sullied by people i dont know.Its an appartment in Battersea,my dad bought when he was younger.So its inherited.But its there,if need be.

Dont dwell too much by trying to understand why people wish to shuffle off this mortal coil.

Dont worry,be happy.

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I retained all ties to back home but if I lost my job here home is not an option to return to as there simply is no  work.