Things, I dont understand, in Thailand

Peterw42

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, nikmar said:

in the book "private Dancer" it's mentioned that a ladyboy knows better how to please. 

maybe some folk can see past the boy and see the lady.

They are familiar with the equipment, makes sense.

21 minutes ago, nikmar said:

one thing i can't wrap my head around is the market for ladyboys. And i say that with no disrespect or prejudice.

A ladyboy looks for a straight man as oppose to a gay man. But a straight man would rather a genuine lady, right?

So a punter from the west comes over here and looks for a ladyboy "playmate"; is he gay or straight or does he just have a fetish.

As I said, I'm not looking down on anyone who prefers a ladyboy companion, just not sure where the mind is 

I know plenty men who swing both ways not Gay or str8t I think Bi is the word they use. I have no problem with that or full on gays come to that. my preference Is females. but each to there own. Ps got a mate here in Thailand now Bi with a ladyboy his mrs is at home she knows the score and both are happy with it.

12 hours ago, georgemandm said:

I think it is ok I don't need to do one thing 

"But what I can't stand about man from my country Australia is them baggy my country to make a  excuse to come and live in thailand just all fools."

Is this really English?

36 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

people who have a difference of opinion on this forum would rather slag each other off than have a discussion about their reasons for the differences of opinion.

Sadly so true.

Also people insist on making absolute statements about things here without considering everyone's situation is different.  

23 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

When a Thai partner says "up to you", as its never up to me.

of course not. It means everywhere;
1, you have to open your wallet
2, shut up your big mouth ( if you want to enjoy a long life your eyes too) Especially you should avoid like; it would be your 110th pieces from something from which one or two would be enough.

17 minutes ago, BradinAsia said:

"But what I can't stand about man from my country Australia is them baggy my country to make a  excuse to come and live in thailand just all fools."

Is this really English?

sounds English , but .... 555

And these are the very things that make Thailand so wonderful.After a while,you just stand and watch,never understanding why,but by then you will have an understanding of the things that you have critsised and accept them.As for the Woman thing,well,no,one ever really understands them.A total breed alone,You will made a breakthrough when you understand the gist of a conversation,when you ask a question,and she answers in the positive but actually means the negative.Its a wonderful life here(i dont live an Patts)The feeling of never knowing what you will have to contend with next,is exciting in its self.If you Live in Patts and are on the scene there,then you may also never understand why so many expats commit suicide,but as i said,while you are(and i quote) deliriously happy.You,dear boy, and all of us who have or do,live in Patts are part of an ever changing learning curve society.

Long may it continue.:smile:

1 hour ago, Bassosa said:

Their love affair with reverse parking. My girlfriend will reverse park, even if its easier to just go nose-in, for instance when it's angled parking.

Why my extended family will never ask questions or try to make conversation.

Or this scenario: 

Me to girlfriend: Can you ask her/him this question? I'd like to know

Girlfriend proceeds to ask him/her the question and a lengthy discussion ensues.

Me to girlfriend: So? What's the answer?

Gf to me: He/she doesn't know.

Learn the language. Problem solved.

1 hour ago, geronimo said:
1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

Ok so you are  different she is Chinese what ? 

Thai 

Could be a "he"

Could also be a Chinese 'Business' Partner....  the reply did not specify what type of 'partner'

George is like many people assuming that all guys like Asians women.

I came here because I was head hunted and offered a high salary to relocate from Hong Kong to Thailand.   I lived in HK for 35 years and never once dated or even slept with a Chinese girl.    When I came here I hoped to meet lots of professional Western women working here (as one finds in HK & Singapore and other Asian capitals).  I was pretty surprised to discover Bangkok, despite being the capital has almost no professional expats working in offices.   

I still find it odd that Thailand doesn't encourage foreign companies to open offices here and allow them to bring in expat professionals.   

1 hour ago, BradinAsia said:

I'd say you've got major issues of your own, dude.

No issues here! Living well. Feeling fine. Enjoying life.

What your concept for a good life. Maybe trying to find as many wrongs with other people as possibly.
Maybe fun, never been there, but that just can´t be a rich life. Cheers!

By the way. Nobody is perfect.

52 minutes ago, BradinAsia said:
13 hours ago, georgemandm said:

I think it is ok I don't need to do one thing 

Is this really English?

Does it matter?

Can't you figure out what he's trying to say?

Have you not realised George is NOT a native English speaker? 

I have a lot more respect for George's attempts at writing English than the blokes on here who actually are English and can't punctuate, spell or capitalise their sentences correctly.

3 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I have a lot more respect for George's attempts at writing English than the blokes on here who actually are English and can't punctuate, spell or capitalise their sentences correctly.

And does that matter it's a forum not an English class.

Edited by Deepinthailand

24 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Thai people on carbon frame bicycles..... Lycra and safety helmet..... 2 hours later... on a motorcycle...flip flops and no helmet

Anyone on a Carbon Fibre bicycle can afford all the gear that goes with cycling and want to look the part.

Someone on a scooter probably can't even dream of owning a carbon fibre bicycle.

10 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

There is no logic in illogical Thailand!!!

Many westerners coming to Thailand are very illogical. They come here and complain on that everything in Thailand is bad and illogical but they still stay

Now that is illogical  :smile:

1 minute ago, MikeyIdea said:

Many westerners coming to Thailand are very illogical. They come here and complain on that everything in Thailand is bad and illogical but they still stay

Now that is illogical  :smile:

Glad I ain't included in your 'many'...They like my singing here.......:giggle:

21 hours ago, roo860 said:

I think your head is worth more than 120bt.

emoji15.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

For some reason its hard to find a 'proper' motorbike/scooter helmet that fits - most of them are way too big for my head and just 'slip around' when checking whether it fits.

I eventually found one on a 'stall' in the local International hospital, but its pretty old now and needs to be replaced.

Easier said than done as I spent a lot of time looking for a decent helmet (without success) and it was pure luck that I found one on a stall whilst going for treatment at a hospital!

1 hour ago, lemonjelly said:

Thai people on carbon frame bicycles..... Lycra and safety helmet..... 2 hours later... on a motorcycle...flip flops and no helmet

HAHAHAH. I couldn't stop laughing. I have seen that and it always makes me laugh. Really quite interesting. 

The other one is always riding around on scooters and motorcycles with flat tires.

20 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Things I Don,t Understand: (1) Foreigners that move here and do little or no research . (2) Foreigners that date and marry Thai hookers. (3) Foreigners that move to Thailand and complain non- stop because it's not like home. (4) Foreigners that move here and never learn to speak a word of Thai, walk around in a bubble totally lost, disoriented , and angry. (5) Foreigners that move half away around the world and spend their entire time hanging with other often very questionable foreigners you would not touch with a ten foot pole back home. (6) Foreigners that spend the majority of their days drunk and out of it causing themselves and the locals constant problems. (7) Foreigners that move to a foreign country and make zero effort to understand and learn the local culture and customs. (8) Foreigners that can only eat the very food they left behind and make zero effort to eat ANY Thai food. (9) Foreigners that believe they are superior to the Thais and therefore should be allowed to treat the locals like crap. (10) Foreigners that dress like total slobs. if you dress like that at home you would be laughed at and likely told you are not allowed to enter any public places. (11) Foreigners that believe that they should be able to grab at any Thai woman because they believe ALL Thai women are hookers. (12) Foreigners dumb enough to buy their Thai hooker a new motorbike, home, gold etc, etc, etc,  and until their bank accounts run dry on the average of about two years. (13) Foreigners that live in a walled off fortress like in Ban Huay Yang  afraid the locals might attack at night and perhaps eat their dogs afterwards. Has to be one of the creepiest places i have ever been to in Southeast Asia.  (14) Foreigners that travel and move here with zero common sense and as dumb as a rock. Below Typical foreigner in Thailand- Typical walled off fortress Ban Huay Yang.

u.jpg

You dislike a lot of people. Isn't it better just to mind your own business and chill than concern yourself with all the faults of other foreigners?

Bear in mind that when you criticize other people, you're suggesting you're better than them.

Edited by tropo

24 minutes ago, ChiangraiTony said:
23 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I find it hard to believe 7/11 only pay their staff 120b (the price of a bigmac) per day, where did you get this number from Peterw42 ?

7/11 employees get 42 baht per hour.

Which ones?  the junior cashier or the 10 year manager?   

Lets not forgot that there must be thousands of 7/11 employees who don't work in actual stores but have executive roles within the company.

34 minutes ago, ChiangraiTony said:

7/11 employees get 42 baht per hour.

:sad:  Feeling guilty now as I used to leave 7/11 'stamps' for the staff, but discovered that my part-time cleaner was using her 'stamps' for sausages to give to my dogs!  And so then took the stamps for my cleaner.

Time to start leaving the stamps for the 7/11 staff again.....

14 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Which ones?  the junior cashier or the 10 year manager?   

Lets not forgot that there must be thousands of 7/11 employees who don't work in actual stores but have executive roles within the company.

I think we're 'talking' about 7/11 cashiers - not those that have executive roles in the franchise.