40k a month or you need 400k to get marriage visa?

I used to be able to submit the notarized letter, but now it also has to be 'legalized' here in Thailand - at the Thai immigration place (where Thais get their passports) out on Chang Wattana -

So heads up, that was a new one for me.

27 minutes ago, rpg said:

I used to be able to submit the notarized letter, but now it also has to be 'legalized' here in Thailand - at the Thai immigration place (where Thais get their passports) out on Chang Wattana -

So heads up, that was a new one for me.

It is not a requirement at Chiang Wattana immigration where he will be doing his extension.

It is a verification of the consular officers signature not legalization.

On 17/11/2016 at 3:34 AM, ubonjoe said:

You got some wrong info from whoever you were talking to. The money only has to be in the bank for 2 months and proof of 40k baht income is accepted.

There are no Thai consulates in the country. You can only apply for extension of stay at the designated immigration office where you are living.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

I very recently asked about a non-o visa based on marriage and was told that from Savannakhet it would be a single entry whereas from Penang I could ask for a multi-entry.  Is this not correct.

Also would you please confirm whether or not, for the first application, the 400k needs to have been in a Thai account for at least 60 days.  If so, I shall be 15 days' short.  I arrived on a visa exemption at the beginning of the month, funded the account by mid-month and am planning to ask for a 30 day extension at the beginning of December, but by the end of the year the funds will only have been in for 45 days.  I gather there is not much to do in Savannakhet for a fortnight.  Many thanks in advance for the response.  Thaibook

On 11/18/2016 at 8:33 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not the part about lying together in the bed. Sitting together on the edge of the bed would be closer to the truth.

I have done 9 extensions based upon marriage. Only 4 photos needed. I attach one of the house from the street and one with family showing the house number. One with wife and I sitting on the bed and another sitting on the couch.

correct not  lying but  sitting

On 11/18/2016 at 2:37 PM, AhFarangJa said:

Doing my first extension in Hua Hin next week.. One requirement re the photos was that we must have different shirts on for the inside photo to the outside photo.....I know all offices have their own little foibles, so will let you know what happens....:smile:

p.s. many Thanks UbonJoe for your advice in the past, helped me immensely when getting my first 90 day visa in London...:thumbsup:

also had  this different shirts hilarity also was told we lived to  far away (30km) for a home visit...theyve never  been to our  house

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibook said:

I very recently asked about a non-o visa based on marriage and was told that from Savannakhet it would be a single entry whereas from Penang I could ask for a multi-entry.  Is this not correct.

Also would you please confirm whether or not, for the first application, the 400k needs to have been in a Thai account for at least 60 days.  If so, I shall be 15 days' short.  I arrived on a visa exemption at the beginning of the month, funded the account by mid-month and am planning to ask for a 30 day extension at the beginning of December, but by the end of the year the funds will only have been in for 45 days.  I gather there is not much to do in Savannakhet for a fortnight.  Many thanks in advance for the response.  Thaibook

Not sure where you got the info that Savannakhet would only do single entry non-o visas. They do multiple entry non-o visas with no financial proof needed. You would need to show 400k baht in the bank or proof of income to get one in Penang.

The 400k has to be in the bank for 2 months for every extension based upon marriage.

To apply for an extension of stay you need a non-o visa entry. You can apply for one at immigration in Bangkok but need at least 15 days remaining on your entry or the 30 day extension of it. To apply for the visa the money only has to be in the bank on the date you apply for it. If you got the visa now the money would be in the bank long enough to apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from it.

14 minutes ago, thaibook said:

Ubonjoe, thank you very much for the authoritative answer.  One further question, in view of the last few entries, are photographs only needed for extensions, not for the initial application?

You need photos for every extension application. If applying in Bangkok you will not need as many as some posts mentioned.

You will also need them for the visa application at immigration. You will need all the required documents needed for an extension application to apply for the visa.

Here is my general list of documents required for an extension application. Marriage Extension Requirements.pdf  For the visa you probably will need a copy of the affirmation of permit to marry you needed to register your marriage.

A tip for Aussie pensioners going the marriage visa route.

Aussie pension is paid every 28 days so there are 13 payments per annum  =monthly pension x13 =total divided x 12 to give what Thais regard as monthly income.

ie. at current exchange rate ,pension per 4 weeks is approx 42000 baht  x13 payments=546000 baht divided x 12=45,500 per month actual.

13 hours ago, stevymac said:

Cheers Phuket man do I need to take the wife and what else do they require?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Your wife does not need to be with you.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of your wife's  house book registry and ID card signed by her. You will also need 5000 baht for the fee.

PocoLoco

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Yeah right, you guys are just messing with me.

I don't believe some have had to show a photo of the bed or freaking refrigerator. You're messing with me or the government is trolling on you guys.

No kidding, one sitting on the bed, one sitting in the lounge, one in front of the house showing house number. Twice have had to redo one photo .....

And you have to counter sign every page of your application (in duplicate). This means a paper stack about 3-4 cm high. I get writers cramp before i finish.

9 hours ago, stevymac said:

If I'm on my 30 day extension of my setv can I still apply for marriage visa at savannakhet?

Your visa has been used and the 30 day extension of the entry from it will be gone as soon as your leave the country so there is no reason for you not to be able to apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage.

6 minutes ago, stevymac said:

I heard you need 15 days left on your visa in order to apply for a marriage visa is this correct?

Not at an embassy or consulate since that would not be possible since your entry ends as soon as you leave the country.

That is only a requirement at an immigration office to apply for a non immigrant visa based upon qualifying for an extension of stay of some kind.

6 minutes ago, stevymac said:

Cheers Joe. One last thing. Can I leave via the Kanchanaburi land border that is the closest to Bkk correct? Every 90 days return the same day then just keep going same land border for the whole 15 months? Every 90 days of course

Yes you can. But you would not be doing an entry at 15 months since your visa will expire 12 months form the date of issue.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife that would allow a total stay of almost 17 months from your visa.