Spending Money

Don one

16 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Hanging out with sukhumvit mercenary girls would be more like working in a psycho ward than being on vacation.  Almost gives me a headache thinking about it.  I've seen people bringing family members with Downs Syndrome to Sukhumvit to get them laid...that's how money talks down there...very romantic.

Are you saying Down Syndrome men should be deprived of sex, as they would be if they had to live their entire lives in their own hypocritical, sexually repressed countries?

The thing that made me really, really angry was the moronic culture that wanted to make nurses do "sexual activity" assessments on patients when they were going to do nothing to provide sex for deprived men. However, perhaps even the imbeciles have decided that it was a step too far since I was in the trade.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, mcfish said:

Are you kidding?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

No, am serious. ive no idea what they are but I see most of the question has been just answered.

Still don't know what outfall is though. Google suggests "the place where a river, drain, or sewer empties into the sea, a river, or a lake." but I dont think that is whats meant.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you saying Down Syndrome men should be deprived of sex, as they would be if they had to live their entire lives in their own hypocritical, sexually repressed countries?

Nottattall...just pointing out that sukhumvit is a place for paid sex, and unfortunately getting expensive..not a good place to find a good lady.  And after you read about where a lot of those bar owner's money came from; you might want to avoid tyhe whole thing.  

3 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Nottattall...just pointing out that sukhumvit is a place for paid sex, and unfortunately getting expensive..not a good place to find a good lady.  And after you read about where a lot of those bar owner's money came from; you might want to avoid tyhe whole thing.  

If I still wanted to get to know some of those ladies in Nana or Cowboy, I wouldn't give a rat's bottom about where the bosses money came from, but I would be thanking the deity that such places exist.

BTW I know enough bargirls to know that any reference to trafficked or forced participation is BS, if that is what you were implying.

No, am serious. ive no idea what they are but I see most of the question has been just answered.

Still don't know what outfall is though. Google suggests "the place where a river, drain, or sewer empties into the sea, a river, or a lake." but I dont think that is whats meant.

I was kidding, I have no idea why he would think anyone would understand his secret codes

On 11/17/2016 at 5:23 PM, impulse said:

If the hotel's already been paid for, and it includes the free breakfast, you should be able to get by on 12,000 a day if you skimp a little on lunch.

Guys I'm not so sure.  There are other costs to consider:

Fishermans pants: 2400
Non metered taxi's: 2000 each way (plus tip of 1000)
Personal short time room service and replacing stolen phone/camera/passport: 30,000
Stash of wood pills for the boys back home and hopeful new business in the import/export world, special price 12,000

Remedy:
Don't wear wife beater shirt/camel shorts/socks in sandals: Save 5000 per day in opportunist tax
Don't ask them the price, tell them what you're prepared to pay then politely ask if we have a deal, and be prepared to walk: Saving: unquantifiable number by not buying on a whim something that will just take up house room later.
Do use tour groups and use groupon benefits of having your 'safe space' when learning foreign ways. 5Km/hour aircon bus is much more pleasant than walking and taking in sights with a piece of glass protecting you from a potential twisted ankle if walking under your own power.
Do bring your own food and eat it at higher class place to annoy the owners but be sure to buy a glass of water for their services.

But seriously, non financial suggestion: get a small bottle of mosquito spray from 7Eleven in case your aroma appeals to the little blighters more than everyone else in the entire <deleted> room.  It's keep you smiling and allows you to enjoy the experience instead of scratching and cursing.

On 17/11/2016 at 4:41 PM, Mitkof Island said:

Are you joking ? The Thais will love you as they drain every last baht out of your pocket. You are what they call a two week millionare. Do you plan to flash your money around? Your the type of guy i tend to keep a safe distance from.

12806002_976981692378256_4901177588154880301_n.jpg

I'm not, let me know where u gonna hangout. I will join u an help u spend it.???

If I still wanted to get to know some of those ladies in Nana or Cowboy, I wouldn't give a rat's bottom about where the bosses money came from, but I would be thanking the deity that such places exist.
BTW I know enough bargirls to know that any reference to trafficked or forced participation is BS, if that is what you were implying.

It's a perceived notion in the west that Thai hookers are forced into the trade and locked in cages blah blah

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Well if you ever want to step it up a bit your welcome to come and sit in my alfresco and sip a glass of tap water whilst watching my lawn grow.

I've just bought half a kilo of red snapper for 210baht, will make a south indian green seafood curry with, & two sisters coming over later to help me eat it, they are bringing the booze and the hoy.

Just now, onthesoi said:

I've just bought half a kilo of red snapper for 210baht, will make a south indian green seafood curry with, & two sisters coming over later to help me eat it, they are bringing the booze and the hoy.

Wow nearly 25% of your entire daily budget is a large investment for a single meal, I hope the sisters "re-pay" you well.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No, its worse than that.  Its money laundered from boiler room operations that have bilked people like you and your parents out of millions on fake share schemes.  Google bkk boiler room...and the same wholes try to fix prices at NEP...not allowing good promos or hh...that's even worse..oh, and I've never seen more transvestites anyplace in my life..nice crowd.

May not be pertinent, but i live in Bangkok and I do well here spending 16K Baht monthly for rent, and about 2 to 3 K more monthly for food.

You can spend as much as you wish, but 12K Baht daily should be more than you need.

Different people howver feel different "needs".

21 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

They can't come without their hoy......

12000 is what I spend in a month, well I live in Thailand full time. so probably I have a better life than the usual tourist who has an office job in farangistan .

Same same , after the rent has been paid. I also cook at home because I am not a fan of Thai food.

2 hours ago, mcfish said:

Ha ha ha, no way! I just spent a month there and stayed in a condotel with many long term residents and recall one conversation about electricity bills and turned out none used air-conditioning, and it was hot!

I think 200 baht electric bill was the average lol

I was referring to long term expats, people with families and real estate etc, not long stay holiday makers living hand to mouth.

On 17/11/2016 at 9:35 PM, pattayalover said:

12000 is what I spend in a month, well I live in Thailand full time. so probably I have a better life than the usual tourist who has an office job in farangistan .

Farangistan, I like that, is that just up the road from Woop Woop ?

I was referring to long term expats, people with families and real estate etc, not long stay holiday makers living hand to mouth.

Me to. Why would a holiday person not use air con? These were hard core long termers and besides everybody knows chiang mai is a tight arsed pensioners wet dream.

15 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Me to. Why would a holiday person not use air con? These were hard core long termers and besides everybody knows chiang mai is a tight arsed pensioners wet dream.

We only use air con. about six weeks per year and even then, only at night. Why? It's not that we're cheap, it's just that we don't need to, we spent over 150K on insulation, roof & soffit vents and window tints so that we don't need air - a s a result our electric bill averages only 900 baht a moth but peaks at 1,600 baht in the hot season..

Edited by chiang mai

1 hour ago, mcfish said:

You did research then, cos l ain't in your 'everybody knows'...