Yingluck stands trial for dereliction of duty on rice scheme in Supreme Court today

webfact

Yingluck stands trial for dereliction of duty on rice scheme in Supreme Court today

524_Yingluck.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Ms Yingluck Shinawatra stood trial for dereliction of duty in the Supreme Court this morning on her controversial rice-pledging scheme which had incurred damages estimated at over 178 billion baht to the state.

It was her 7th hearing of the trial on the rice scam at the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders.

Today’s hearing of testimony will see two witnesses appearing to defend the former prime minister. They are former secretary-general of the Cabinet Mr Ampon Kitti-ampon and former deputy finance minister Tanusak Lek-uthai.

However only Mr Anusak appeared in court to defend her while Mr Ampon has withdrawn as witness.

Ms Yingluck was warmly welcomed by her supporters as she arrived before 9.00 am today.

Asked to comment on an administrative order demanding 35 billion baht compensation from her for the damages caused by her rice scheme, Ms Yingluck said she has earlier petitioned the compensation order to the Ministry of Commerce, but so far there was no response to her petition.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-stands-trial-for-dereliction-of-duty-on-rice-scheme-in-supreme-court-today/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-18

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Today’s hearing of testimony will see two witnesses appearing to defend the former prime minister. They are former secretary-general of the Cabinet Mr Ampon Kitti-ampon and former deputy finance minister Tanusak Lek-uthai.

Sorry YL their impressive titles mean little today. Your in for a dime in for a dollar. I am sure your astrologer has already warned you whats in store and  hopefully you hid your money abroad. You are about to become pre-election junta cannon fodder. You are being made an example of as a politician that did not toe the line. Anybody that would try and fix the law at a 3.00 a.m. vote to have her brothers sins abolished hmm that was the final nail in your coffin. To think that you could pull this off was a show of mass stupidity or a permanent lapse of judgement. Its a cliff hanger and we are on pins and needles waiting to see how it plays out as if we did not already know. 

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Might see Prayuth in the same position one day.

Oh no .................  sorry I forgot. Regardless of anything he has granted himself and his mates amnesty. Nice one ......:thumbsup:

That can always be undone as in Argentina or Chile

44 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Yingluck: "I not a derelict! I never even went to any of the meetings!"

Judge: "Exactly."

She will stick to the script whatever that is. Might include some tears again. But she'll make sure not to be filmed laughing her rocks off afterwards like once before.

So far, she has not offered one single word of explanation or in her defense. Just constant moans and demands to be "treated fairly". Someone needs to explain that being treated fairly is not the same as being let off. 

Wait, she's only standing trial now?? How can they demand she repay a billion dollars for dereliction of duty if she hasn't even stood trial nor been found guilty of dereliction of duty???*

*purely sarcastic question highlighting the utter stupidity of the junta and their avaricious witch hunt.

1 minute ago, jamesbrock said:

Wait, she's only standing trial now?? How can they demand she repay a billion dollars for dereliction of duty if she hasn't even stood trial nor been found guilty of dereliction of duty???*

*purely sarcastic question highlighting the utter stupidity of the junta and their avaricious witch hunt.

doesn't matter,she'll never have to pay it anyway

Edited by soalbundy

46 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You don't read well even highlighted. She stand trial for dereliction of duty not scam. I trust you know the difference.

Most people here don't seem to...

24 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

There's a lot of people there to wish her well. It took her 10 minutes to wade through the crowd to the front door of the court house.

Yep, something the general will never experience - and, perhaps, that is what drives his obsession with the Shincrims.

1 hour ago, jamesbrock said:

Justice Junta style :)

Very few take this seriously.

25 minutes ago, chainarong said:

I am certainly not a supporter of former PM Yingluck, however how this type of harassment and blatant victimization is going to improve a divided nation one can only think the junta has lost the plot.................................................:coffee1:

That is reconciliation Junta style :)

26 minutes ago, chainarong said:

I am certainly not a supporter of former PM Yingluck, however how this type of harassment and blatant victimization is going to improve a divided nation one can only think the junta has lost the plot.................................................:coffee1:

I don't think he cares. He is just trying to destroy the opposition.

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

You don't read well even highlighted. She stand trial for dereliction of duty not scam. I trust you know the difference.

Just because she is charged with dereliction doesn't mean her policy wasn't both corrupt and a scam. The overwhelming evidence is that it was both.

8 minutes ago, halloween said:

Just because she is charged with dereliction doesn't mean her policy wasn't both corrupt and a scam. The overwhelming evidence is that it was both.

Hmm, no the policy as such wasn't a scam. And it is good to remind you that this policy was executed using an electoral mandate (I know must be a foreign concept for people cheering on coup mongers).

Furthermore, there is no evidence whatsoever that the accused benefited personally.

56 minutes ago, halloween said:

And yet she has not even been accused of personally benefitting from any of the corruption, let alone been charged and put on trial - despite your so-called "overwhelming evidence" (not that trials even need to be completed before demands for repayment are made in junta land...)

3 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

There's a lot of people there to wish her well. It took her 10 minutes to wade through the crowd to the front door of the court house.

A disgraceful video. If she were a great leader like Prayuth she would have at least thrown some bananas at the gathered press. Having said that, she probably doesn't eat bananas as much as Prayuth so understandable that she doesn't need such a ready and large supply.

Still......imagine Prayuth trying to be so close to the hoi palloi. When it comes to real popular support he might as well be livng on the moon.

Imagine Prayuth being so popular.

Still......according to quantum theory, there might just be a parallel universe out there somewhere where even the apparently impossible here could be a reality out there.

Yes.....a totally improbable scenario but hey....at least here with a lot of guns , immunity from future prosecution, article 44 and a few thousand brain dead yellow zombies ...who needs quantum mechanics.

3 hours ago, halloween said:

I am sure that the junta was looking to set her up for scam and corruption but couldn't find the overwhelming evidence. Your overwhelming evidence will help 555. You crack me up.

5 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Yes,  an amnesty has little value when the population gets so fed up they decide to take back their country en masse.

Fed up? at least the farmers got finally paid and they are doing something about all the encroachment of public land. Or is it because they don't get paid to demonstrate and vote anymore?