Phuket's premium pineapples sold out in an hour

webfact

Phuket's premium pineapples sold out in an hour

Phuket Gazette 

pkt2.jpeg          

The price tag was decided by adding a thousand baht to the land area of the island. Photo: Chutharat Plerin

PHUKET: -- A hundred Phuket-grown premium pineapples priced at 1,543 baht each were pre-booked for sale within an hour last week.

The pineapples will be ready for harvest in February next year and sold at the Phuket Pineapple Festival 2017, Phuket Governor Chokchai Dejamornthan announced at a press conference at Tu Kab Khao restaurant in Phuket Town.

“As we all know, pineapples are one of Phuket’s signature items, along with batik, goats’ milk and lobster. These products are all branded and promoted by Pracha Rath Rak Samakkee to help boost the province’s grassroots agricultural economy,” said Governor Chokchai.

Pracha Rath Rak Samakkee Phuket was first launched on March 31 this year, as a government-backed corporation with the aim of developing and promoting the province’s strengths, such as tourism, agriculture and locally-produced goods under the One Tambon One Product (OTOP) banner.

“These select, premium fruits are our ambassadors. We will have signs announcing the pineapple festival – if you are in Phuket at the time, you must be a part of it and eat the pineapples,” said Gov Chokchai.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phukets-premium-pineapples-sold-in-hour/65882?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-11-18

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

Haven't seen a single goat in Phuket in all these years. Also haven't seen anywhere goat milk being widely consumed or available. Kinda surprised to learn that this is apparently part of Phukets culture.

You can find goats in the muslim villages in Phuket. It's long time a part of Phukets culture.

I slaughtered my first goat here in Maikhaw about 20 years ago for a tasty Masaman style.

Phuket lobster i can't remember that i ever had a good lobster here but my memories are that canadian and caribbean lobsters where tasty lol.

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Haven't seen a single goat in Phuket in all these years. Also haven't seen anywhere goat milk being widely consumed or available. Kinda surprised to learn that this is apparently part of Phukets culture.

Koh Siray has many many goats......they are farmed for Muslim community

As we all know, pineapples are one of Phuket’s signature items, along with batik, goats’ milk and lobster

Right, have you ever heard anyone make the following comments:

'Darling, we must visit Phuket to eat the pineapples"

"Honey, don't forget to buy some of the famous Phuket batik when we're on holiday there next week"

"I am telling you now, the goats' milk on Phuket is famous, very very famous"

"Buddy, you ain't lived until you you've tried Phuket lobster!"

Nope - thought not ....

13 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Some in Kamala

Selling 100 pineapples is a neat way to make a million baht. 

There is plenty of goats up north. There is even a some sort of goat museum at Bang Rong.

Goats at Northern Phuket