greatest film

meatboy

1 hour ago, srowndedbyh2o said:

Fitzcarraldo staring Klaus Kinski is one of my favorites.

howzabout a crazed Klaus Kinski in Aguirre: the wrath of God...?

the last scene...with Aguirre floating onna raft down an amazon tributary with equally crazed small apes...

one of my favorites...Werner Herzog is a mad genius...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rather liked 'Wise guy's with Dinero

Inherit the wind,about the famous monkey trial in rural America,(in the 50s' i think) that was Spencer Tracey,Gene kelly,John Barrymore,and the first 'Darren" from Bewitched.

Zulu was a wonderful movie about courage against insurmountable odds.

Tombestone with Kurt Russell as W.E.

1.10 to Yuma with Russel crowe

High Noon,the original.

The left handed gun,Marlon Brando.

The Alamo with Billy Bob Thornton.

The fastest gun alive,Glen Ford

All the Rocky movies./Rambo.

There are so many,i could go on for ever,but these will have to do for now.

2 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

The good the bad and the ugly. Lost count of how many times have watched it.

Yes to this. It's the film I go back and watch more than any other.

Also the original The Ladykillers from Ealing Studios and Brighton Rock with Richard Attenborough. 

There are not superproductions, not American movies, but classics and great movies:

Á bout soufflé ( jean Lucy Godard)
Paris, Texas (Win Wenders)
Bycicle thieves (Vitoria de Sica)
A special day (Etore scola)
Roma, open city ( Roberto Rossellini)

I am retired and try to catch up with all the movies I missed over the course of my life. I too used to think Ben Hur was the best movie I ever saw. This and a few other oldies were watched again recently and my thoughts were 'Gee what crap' I now think Bridge Over the River Kwai and The 'Dambusters' and maybe 'The Magnificent Seven' and 'The Great Escape fall into the best movies ever made. Seems we change with time or get fussier.   

'Leon',with jean Reno as Leon,Natalie Portman as 'Mathilde and Gary Oldman as the bent copper.There was a relatively, unknown actor in it,he played the part of the guy that looked after Leon's money.'Dannt Aiello' not much seen.

When the film went to the USA,to be able to make it easier for them to relate to, it they added the words 'the professional' So over there it was 'Leon the professional'

9 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

'Leon',with jean Reno as Leon,Natalie Portman as 'Mathilde and Gary Oldman as the bent copper.There was a relatively, unknown actor in it,he played the part of the guy that looked after Leon's money.'Dannt Aiello' not much seen.

When the film went to the USA,to be able to make it easier for them to relate to, it they added the words 'the professional' So over there it was 'Leon the professional'

yeah that was a good film...Gary Oldman at his slimyest...

and then the 12 y.o. Natalie Portman who is a prepubescent fantasist when asked about her relation to Leon: 'he is my LOVER!'...she brought that one off well...leading to an award for the Black Swan later when she growed up...that one with the sublimely sexy Mila Kunis...

Luc Bresson has some good films...the recent Lucy with Scarlett Johansson is worth watching...(anything with Scarlett is worth watching, preferably with 'painted on' action clothing, ooohhh them hips...)