90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

44 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

What sort of a map do they want?

I understand they have trouble reading a normal or google map, but want something hand drawn showing nearest 7/11s etc.

From my bank I have the letter about funds held,  a 6 month statement and photocopies of my bank book which would give any normal person the full picture of my financials here. I'll see if they want more.

You are right. He didn't like my Google maps I brought. But liked the find my iPhone map as it showed the local Watt and nearby landmarks. I'm sure you bank statement and letter from the bank manger should be fine. I never keep 800K in my Thai accounts. I do online transfers to Bank of Bangkok as they have a USA branch, it's easy and cheaper than most methods. And the USA has a Consulate Outreach program that visits Phuket every three months, so I get my income certificate from them. The US looks at overseas bank accounts of over $10K US, so I avoid that headache on my US taxes but just transferring  what I spend a month...

> What sort of a map do they want?

Hand drawn map is a new requirement to retirement.
I found this requirement from here.
http://piv-phuket.com/latest-information/
> for retirement an hand draw map of the location of your house

Also it’s been a requirement to Thai wife for many years.

Just draw
  Line of main road and its name
  Line of sub road (soi)
  Icon of land mark and its name
  Icon of some shop (something like 7/11) near my house, if there are
  Icon of my house and its address number, name of building or housing area
  Signature

I am not sure why they request this. To confirm that the foreigner really know the house, that the foreigner really live in there?

Edited by XD1 at Phuket

Back from getting the extension (and on-topic 90 day report). More crowded than expected. Took about 45 mins. Parking difficult to find.. A big bike dick was in the disabled bay. My lady nearly dropped his Phantom when moving it!

Young Immigration officer came out to where I was waiting in the car to take the required holiday snap of my head.  He did say in future not necessary to come in if disability is a problem.

Map and house photos not proffered nor asked for.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Back from getting the extension (and on-topic 90 day report). More crowded than expected. Took about 45 mins. Parking difficult to find.. A big bike dick was in the disabled bay. My lady nearly dropped his Phantom when moving it!

Young Immigration officer came out to where I was waiting in the car to take the required holiday snap of my head.  He did say in future not necessary to come in if disability is a problem.

Map and house photos not proffered nor asked for.

I was always given to understand the map was just for the first application. I have always taken it for my renewals but they didn't want it. I tend to keep the will they/won't they ask for it stuff in the envelope. Never provided apartment photos (retirement not marriage extension though) but take the requisite number above my head shot.

To a degree I think that as they get to know us over the years they know we know the game so don't try it on. My extensions have always been straightforward to date.

Now if we could just get rid of the nasty little guy in the corner who does CoRs and re-entry permits!

Yet again a digression- maybe I should just highlight the last few posts and copy them into the right forum!

15 hours ago, Old Croc said:

What sort of a map do they want?

I understand they have trouble reading a normal or google map, but want something hand drawn showing nearest 7/11s etc.

From my bank I have the letter about funds held,  a 6 month statement and photocopies of my bank book which would give any normal person the full picture of my financials here. I'll see if they want more.

Off topic , but just quickly...

I extended my Retirement Visa in Feb  at PTown and they handed me back my map , and pic .  Didnt even look at my lease etc.

The same guy ( skinny with glasses ,  waits out front )  said , "This year is all about the money. We want to see you spend money here."  He perused my spending of my 800k as shown as withdrawals in my bank book. He sent the old Canuk ( on a pension ) next to me  to copy his cash card , both sides and signed. This sounds like a possible breach of  bank security to me , but he didnt ask me to do the same. It was very quick compared to previous years.

Edited by zaZa9

2 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

The same guy ( skinny with glasses ,  waits out front )

Is this guy short with a close cut/crew cut style haircut?? If it is the same one as I have had before he is a nasty piece of work.

Is this guy short with a close cut/crew cut style haircut?? If it is the same one as I have had before he is a nasty piece of work.

I’ve known that guy for 12 years. He’s always been pretty nice to me. He checked my paperwork outside and I was there maybe 15 minutes. Picked up my passport with the new one year extension, and 90 day then got a copy and went to get a re-entry permit. That took about an hour! Oh well, hopefully the 90 day online system will still be working in July and I won’t have to go back to the office until next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

I’ve known that guy for 12 years. He’s always been pretty nice to me. He checked my paperwork outside and I was there maybe 15 minutes. Picked up my passport with the new one year extension, and 90 day then got a copy and went to get a re-entry permit. That took about an hour! Oh well, hopefully the 90 day online system will still be working in July and I won’t have to go back to the office until next year!

Maybe not the same one...........this one has been pointed out to me on many occasions as one to be wary of. Little did they know he tried to get me to pay 500 baht to process my application with my new passport and when I refused, he made me "jump through hoops" for 2 days as a payback.

17 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I guess he is refering to the gay immi officer. Always he getting to excited when he saw me in all the years. Last time he hit and grobed my ass lol. Funny guy with a special humor but he have to like you.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, schlog said:

I guess he is refering to the gay immi officer. Always he getting to excited when he saw me in all the years. Last time he hit and grobed my ass lol. Funny guy with a special humor but he have to like you.

Maybe your ass is better than mine!!

• Haha 1

Holy threadjack Batman. I know I am guilty of it myself but please can we keep this thread on track with 90 day issues and keep the retirement/marriage extensions info in the other.

Not trying to be a mini-Mod but valuable info could fall by the wayside.

Maybe a Mod could move the ten or so comments above to the correct forum?

Holy threadjack Batman. I know I am guilty of it myself but please can we keep this thread on track with 90 day issues and keep the retirement/marriage extensions info in the other.

Not trying to be a mini-Mod but valuable info could fall by the wayside.

Maybe a Mod could move the ten or so comments above to the correct forum?

Now that you get a 90 day permit when you get your visa extension and these information updates for the Phuket Immigration Office I find informative personally! Every Immigration Office seems to have different rules, but this topic is about the Phuket Immigration, so I guess I don’t see an issue...

10 minutes ago, Swimman said:

What on earth is a 90 permit?  That really is something new!  

I sometimes call it Reg 90 which was an old travel allowance I used to get.

Most of us who use this forum know exactly what is meant and don't find it necessary to nitpick.

• Like 1

Just now, Old Croc said:

Most of us who use this forum know exactly what is meant and don't find it necessary to nitpick.

No "nit pick"  PERMIT was written and that is what I read - Hence my comment. 

8 minutes ago, Swimman said:

No "nit pick"  PERMIT was written and that is what I read - Hence my comment. 

As I said MOST of us understand what was meant.

Some see things more literally and are unable to process simple errors in speach.

19 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

No no help whatsoever to those outside the clique.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swimman said:

That is not what he wrote and I do not play guessing games  

Okay, technically it is called a "Receipt Of Notification"  Then it states: "Please Notify Your Address Again on: " KEEP IN PASSPORT" According to the law, if you do not report, you are over staying your permit to stay and can be fined and or deported. 

37 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

According to the law, if you do not report, you are over staying your permit to stay and can be fined and or deported. 

Absolute nonsense. Failing to make a 90-day report results in a max fine of 5000 Bhat but the usual fine is 2000. THERE ARE NO OTHER CONSEQUENCES.  It is not possible to overstay a valid extension of stay or a valid O-A visa. 

20 minutes ago, Swimman said:

Absolute nonsense. Failing to make a 90-day report results in a max fine of 5000 Bhat but the usual fine is 2000. THERE ARE NO OTHER CONSEQUENCES.  It is not possible to overstay a valid extension of stay or a valid O-A visa. 

I don't have an O-A visa, number one. I have a one year extension based on retirement. My last visa I entered on was an "O" based on marriage. I follow the laws and have never had any issues with immigration for the past 12 years here. But I'm sure you know the laws better than I. Best wishes... And there is this: "It is better to keep track of the rules of Thai Immigration at all times during your stay in the country, as failure to file your 90-day report can result in a fine of 2,000 THB, and can increase to up to 5,000 THB once you get arrested." I would rather not be arrested! I saw a whole truck load who were at Phuket Immigration yesterday! I don't want to be one!

Edited by Jimi007

11 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

as failure to file your 90-day report can result in a fine of 2,000 THB, and can increase to up to 5,000 THB once you get arrested." 

Where did you find this?  You claim to know and follow the laws so please provide a link to the law which states failing to make a 90-day report is an arrestable offense.

24 minutes ago, Swimman said:

Where did you find this?  You claim to know and follow the laws so please provide a link to the law which states failing to make a 90-day report is an arrestable offense.

What is your problem? You just like to argue? I really don't care what you do! Good luck! I'm done with you. After 11 years on this forum, you are now only the 5th I have put on my ignore list! Congratulations! And you've only been on it for  bit over a month! A new record! 

Edited by Jimi007

10 hours ago, Swimman said:

I note that new members are not welcome here --- I make one comment and am treated to a barrage of rudeness -- I was not aware that a Private Members Club existed within TVF.

Your current forum ID may be new, but your barrage of postings, particularly in giving Immigration advice to all, indicates you are anything but new in Thailand, to the forum or about visa and reporting requirements in this country.

My opinion on whether you were confused or not about the term 90 day permit has only been strengthened.

The frequent advice on matters medical give some clues as to the former ID. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I applied online 90 days on 8-May and it was approved on 10-May. I could get the receipt of notification on PDF format. So far, it is okay. However I found 2 minor issues.

Mail address of Phuket office is “ino”.

It’s been “ info” for many years.

Is “ino” (no “f”) right? Or just a mis-type?

I do not have to mail to office now. It is not a problem so far.

"Check the status of your application - Passport Information" does not work.

I have used this function several times. I do not think I made wrong input.

" - Ref. Number” works all right. It is not a problem so far.

If someone have information about these, please tell me.
Thank you.

aa.jpg

BB.jpg

Edited by XD1 at Phuket

7 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

I applied online 90 days on 8-May and it was approved on 10-May. I could get the receipt of notification on PDF format. So far, it is okay. However I found 2 minor issues.

Mail address of Phuket office is “ino”.

It’s been “ info” for many years.

Is “ino” (no “f”) right? Or just a mis-type?

I do not have to mail to office now. It is not a problem so far.

I have used this function several times. I do not think I made wrong input.

" - Ref. Number” works all right. It is not a problem so far.

If someone have information about these, please tell me.
Thank you.

aa.jpg

BB.jpg

Probably better to ask in the visa forum.

8 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

Self follow up.

I just found out that this issue was already discussed in Visa Forum.

I did as follow and it worked.

Mail address is still a issue. And it is not a problen.