90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

What a shocker

went to patong to do my 90 day report,they  wouldn't allow me

Seem now u NEED fill out a NEW notification  of residence EVERY time you come back to Thailand within 24 hours!!!

so now will head to Phuket and see if they are the same>
PLUS  if ur landlord cannot go with you, they require a Power of attorney filled out along with a 10 baht tax stamp.

Why are they making it so difficult to stay here now??

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

What a shocker

went to patong to do my 90 day report,they  wouldn't allow me

Seem now u NEED fill out a NEW notification  of residence EVERY time you come back to Thailand within 24 hours!!!

so now will head to Phuket and see if they are the same>
PLUS  if ur landlord cannot go with you, they require a Power of attorney filled out along with a 10 baht tax stamp.

Did mine 2 days ago at Phuket Town, no problem whatsoever.

Edit: but I have not left the country in some time now.

Edited by stevenl

Can someone who has done the process in the past few days in Phuket please clarify what is required for the 'notification of address'.

They are going to be pissed off with frequent travellers having to go in every time they go out of the country to return to theri normal residential address here in Phuket.

Is it just a form to be completed or do we have to take lease, house papers, landlord's details and our passport details, etc.

As for the landlord accompanying me it ain't gonna happen as he is a foreigner and doesn't reside in the country.

The reason I ask (and-yes I know that things change week to week) is that I did my retirement extension about 6 weeks ago having been outside the country and it went through fine. There were no issues with the notification of address form of which a copy was supplied as part of the paperwork package.

Do I now need to go back and check to see if I need to re-do it or are they not addressing this retrospectively.

I would appreciate first hand experience, not 'well my mate ..............................'.

This seems to be partly applying the law (which I have no problems with) and partly 'tacking bits on (owner having to go down too) just to mess people about'.

Edited by Psimbo

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

Can someone who has done the process in the past few days in Phuket please clarify what is required for the 'notification of address'.

I had to show them:

• Rental contract (copy)
  • Passport and copies (first page, entry stamp page, visa page, TM6 card)
  • Signed copies of house owners ID card
  • Copy of the house book
  • One picture
  • Filled out form for the report

Everytime I report (did that about 5 times by now), they also take some digital pictures of me sitting there. Maybe one day I can ask them for a fun timelaps video of all these pictures to see how I age over time...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Edit: but I have not left the country in some time now.

Well that's a totally different situation then. You don't have to report again if you already did so and didn't leave the country or reported somewhere else in the meantime.

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

I still believe that it's because they simply don't understand these issues or care about them. But one could also think they actually don't want foreigners here, just are reliant on the tourism money.

I want to see them enforce this law to the fullest. Only then will they be forced to get rid of the nonsense. Especially the Thai Elite visa holders would be happy after paying 2M THB and then heading to immigration once a week if they are a frequent traveler :)

11 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Well that's a totally different situation then. You don't have to report again if you already did so and didn't leave the country or reported somewhere else in the meantime.

Which is why I edited my post.

i am going to phuket town tomorrow and see if they will allow me to do my 90 day report.

My last "notification for alien" was done 2058 and has never been questioned and have been in and out at least 7 times since than with no problems.

did my 1 year extension in June and they did my 90 day report as well than.

I entered thailand on May 3rd BEFORE i did my extension

I will take  ( in case)  a new notification for alien filled out by landlord, copies of his id card,  house book, rental contract

and of course all my docs

They would not even allow me to buy a re entry permit in Patong which i need as am traveling next month 

just to mess people about'.

yep cause its not about $$ at all, just hassles for everyone including staff at immigration...

if the online was working ( mine is still pending) would not need bother with this>
OR has ANYONE done a mail in 90 day for Phuket?

Edited by phuketrichard

It seems this is going to cause a lot of extra work for immigration as well so they are not going to be happy. I'm not going to worry about it until my next 90 day report. I'll take everything in and try to fix it. Last time I did it (May 16) they looked at all the paperwork as listed above but just kept the form and gave me the rest back. 

After I got back last Oct I did ask but was told my paperwork was fine- it wasn't questioned for 3x 90 day reports or my retirement permit extension.

It will be interesting to see if they will just re-register me at the same address they have me recorded at for the past 6 years without any financial penalty. Everything i did was by the rules a few weeks ago- if the rules change (or are enforced as it seems to be in this case) one wonders what the result/penalty will be.

The thought of vast numbers of people trying to get their landlords to come to immigration with them is just farcical

I was just looking at the Phuket Office volunteers website. They don't mention anything about needing any forms to get a new 90 day report, in fact they say no copies needed as of July 2017. There is also a contact email address and phone number for questions. But they also say the online 90 day reporting system is working again.

• The online 90 day reporting system is working again Please follow this link to do the 90 day reporting.  Online 90 day reporting.
  •  When doing the 90 day reporting at the Immigration office in Phuket Town no copies are required from the passport as long you have the old 90 day reporting slip in your passpport.

http://piv-phuket.com/latest-information/

But then there is this thread in the TV Visa forum. It has one comment near the end from Phuket recently: 

I'm leaving the country next week for a while, so I hope they get it sorted before I return!

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

i am going to phuket town tomorrow and see if they will allow me to do my 90 day report.

My last "notification for alien" was done 2058 and has never been questioned and have been in and out at least 7 times since than with no problems.

did my 1 year extension in June and they did my 90 day report as well than.

I entered thailand on May 3rd BEFORE i did my extension

I will take  ( in case)  a new notification for alien filled out by landlord, copies of his id card,  house book, rental contract

and of course all my docs

They would not even allow me to buy a re entry permit in Patong which i need as am traveling next month 

yep cause its not about $$ at all, just hassles for everyone including staff at immigration...

if the online was working ( mine is still pending) would not need bother with this>
OR has ANYONE done a mail in 90 day for Phuket?

Did a mail-in on my first, unsuccessful attempt at an online report.

A self addressed, pre-paid envelope was sent along with the required paperwork.

Nothing.

<snip>

arrived phuket immigration at 9:10 left at 9:30 with new 90 day report and re entry permit

If u have the 90 day slip, no paperwork needed!  only Tel. # no email....   Online DOES NOT WORK

re entry  same as before

Avoid  patong immigration.....

Edited by Jai Dee
comment on moderation removed

i went today at patong immigration, for 90 report, made me fill out a 90 day report form and told me next time i have to come with proof of address from owner where i rent a room.

Is it possible to do the 90 report online?
As it seems really annoying to get all these papers from the owner and the officer was not even able to really explain me what im supposed to bring next time to prove where i live...

what a mess there...

Three months ago in phuket town, they did not ask me anything, not even copy of passport etc which they ask in patong.

15 minutes ago, phuketlive said:

i went today at patong immigration, for 90 report, made me fill out a 90 day report form and told me next time i have to come with proof of address from owner where i rent a room.

Is it possible to do the 90 report online?
As it seems really annoying to get all these papers from the owner and the officer was not even able to really explain me what im supposed to bring next time to prove where i live...

what a mess there...

Three months ago in phuket town, they did not ask me anything, not even copy of passport etc which they ask in patong.

Simple solution. Go to Phuket Town immigration and avoid Patong.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

read my report, i am actually surprised u were able to do a 90 day report in Patong, when i was there yesterday 6 people were refused..

oh ok, i read it again, so in phuket town no problem then, good, next time will go there again like i did the previous time.

patong is a nightmare yes, he told me next time need the papers but this time ok.

i dont know why they do this in patong, a big mess there.

it seems Patong are being awkward just for the sake of being awkward. having to provide proof of address when the resident notification is already in the passport is just ridiculous.

I wonder if we would be better with a separate thread for Notification of Address issues as it may clog this one up. Some are on retirement permits, some on work permits, some on marriage etc and it may get confusing.

Has anyone who may have been caught out by this latest change actually been fined when trying to fix it or are they just issuing a new NoA form? It could be a huge revenue generator as a lot of people will have been caught out.

what they are saying is u need a NEW notification EVERY time you return from a  trip outside the country,

if you have never left....no trouble

regardless what extension your on.

whats is most insane is asking for the landlord to be there and if he/she cant to obtain a POA form with a 10 baht official tax stamp on it.  What Thai will grant a POA for a farang??

For anyone being told they need this.... just head to Phuket town

or better  dont go to Patong for anything if ur on a 1 year extension...

• Like 1

A theory.

Patong office was closed recently because they had trouble getting staff to work there. (Transport difficulties getting to work?)

Being in the center of one of the busiest  tourist destinations in the country they are probably inundated daily by idiot tourists wanting extensions, making enquiries, etc.

To me, It seems they are trying to force long termers to take all their business to the main Phuket office. They are also less likely to be called out (again) about their little scams by a short term visitor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

A theory.

Patong office was closed recently because they had trouble getting staff to work there. (Transport difficulties getting to work?)

Being in the center of one of the busiest  tourist destinations in the country they are probably inundated daily by idiot tourists wanting extensions, making enquiries, etc.

To me, It seems they are trying to force long termers to take all their business to the main Phuket office. They are also less likely to be called out (again) about their little scams by a short term visitor.

Yes, I think it's more about the previous lucrative scams being reported by media. More chancy for them to scam.

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:

A theory.

Exactly what I was thinking after my experience there 10 days ago.

Kidd

I went O/S in March this year.

On my return I asked if I needed to go to Phuket Immigration the next day.

The IO said , "You need to report in 90 day from today , Im write on this paper and staple you passport."

My next 90 day report passed without comment.

I then read a discussion here on TV about this rule and at my last 90 day report ( which had to be in Phuket Town as Patong was closed ) I asked if I would need to report within 24 hours after my return from  next trip O/S in October.

I was told that in Phuket this wasnt necessary.

Of course I will be asking again both when I depart and return, in October.

PS : I am on a Retirement Visa .

Edited by zaZa9
  • Like 1

they probably want people to go to phuket town office yes;

when i went there the other day, i had my queue number, i heard one of the officer speaking thai to the girl who works there and takes care of incoming people, telling her in thai, 90 report will be done after the requests who take more time to do....

so for 90 day extension, i will go to phuket town next time, was a nightmare to wait there in their small office, full of people. And hearing officer telling in thai 90 extension will wait after other people where as 90 day ext takes 5mn to do...

So yes they make you understand to go to phuket town by making you wait longer and making problems by asking more papers.

the official on the far left does notifications of stay on his own single desk,  the far left officer on the long front desk ONLY does 90 day reports and re entry permits

the official  next to him, does extensions for tourist visas/exempt entries

Thats all u can do in Patong