Baht depreciation expected

16 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

The next peak will  make 19k look like a speedbump....... 

I won't sell my btc until 2030+ but I have the luxury in being able to afford to gamble 

People who took loans or used credit cards irresponsibly are probably not in the same situation 

The keyword is GAMBLE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

A news paper doesn't ask personal questions about your wealth /assets 

And nobody is here either. I am guessing with the deflection that nobody (at least here) was trading the upward movement other than in the rear-view mirror. Where I was hanging out (The BR Financial Centre) at the time, the True Believers were being shouted at to sell, but when BC was hitting 19K, the TBs yelled back that the price was going to the moon. Friend of mine cashed out $100K (not BC) but still in it for the longer run. Most of them are.

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

And nobody is here either. I am guessing with the deflection that nobody (at least here) was trading the upward movement other than in the rear-view mirror. Where I was hanging out (The BR Financial Centre) at the time, the True Believers were being shouted at to sell, but when BC was hitting 19K, the TBs yelled back that the price was going to the moon. Friend of mine cashed out $100K (not BC) but still in it for the longer run. Most of them are.

I still own some btc and other currencys but I can see the reluctance of people not wanting to disclose what they own or don't own on a pseudo anonymous forum where some people know each other personally, not to mention their ip addresses are logged to their accounts

I also wouldn't take all my advice from BR, much better to take a wider view of the crypto stratosphere as its far too early to be calling tops and bottoms at this stage imo

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 6:49 AM, talahtnut said:

I never said I posted, 'one year ago'...Its up to you to find it, I cant be bothered.

Over a year ago I suggested to someone on the forum that they might invest in Bitcoin. I wonder what happened... but then its so easy to go with the herd and scoff at those who don't.

5 hours ago, Naam said:

6 hours ago, Naam said:
On 6/11/2018 at 12:49 AM, talahtnut said:

I never said I posted, 'one year ago'...Its up to you to find it, I cant be bothered.

Over a year ago I suggested to someone on the forum that they might invest in Bitcoin. I wonder what happened... but then its so easy to go with the herd and scoff at those who don't.

Over a year means more than a year,   one year  means 365 days. 

I'm not interested in this pettiness..Give it a rest man, get yourself a beer.

8 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

So 366 days ago you were recommending buying bitcoin and 365 days ago you stopped and 364 days ago you 'er.... :cheesy:

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

So 366 days ago you were recommending buying bitcoin and 365 days ago you stopped and 364 days ago you 'er.... :cheesy:

You misread so misunderstand, I did'nt recommend, I suggested.  More than one year could be two, or any number of years.

Enough of this frivolity, I think you've had too much beer or something.

3 hours ago, talahtnut said:

You misread so misunderstand, I did'nt recommend, I suggested.  More than one year could be two, or any number of years.

Enough of this frivolity, I think you've had too much beer or something.

Not enough it would seem.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, talahtnut said:

"one year means 365 days" except when it's a leap year. by the way, i don't drink beer.

22 hours ago, Naam said:

$6,357.92 (new low!)

If you don't drink beer, I'll offer you a bet of a bottle of whiskey that,

this time next year [365 days, no leap year ], the Bc price has increased.

I'm polishing up my old whiskey tumbler already.

5 hours ago, talahtnut said:

If you don't drink beer, I'll offer you a bet of a bottle of whiskey that,

this time next year [365 days, no leap year ], the Bc price has increased.

I'm polishing up my old whiskey tumbler already.

can we also make a bet concerning Warren Buffet buying gold or not?

5 hours ago, Naam said:

can we also make a bet concerning Warren Buffet buying gold or not?

Damn, I had forgotten about that.

Fair enough, begrudgingly, I have to give you a chance to get your money back.

I'm hoping its a slim chance.

On 6/16/2018 at 3:01 AM, OJAS said:

edit: I erased my former post completely. I was confused regarding which date you were talking about. The forum showed me the time of your post as "yesterday at 4:00 am", but when I replied it says "On 6/16/2018 at 3:01 am OJAS said".

That makes it clear you were talking about the 15th, not the 17th as I first thought.

Agree with you, the Baht took a hit on the 15th and 16th and got a slight recovery late on the 17th, and I don't know why, either, so have nothing to contribute.

Sigh.

Edited by jerry921
nevermind...

14 minutes ago, jerry921 said:

edit: I erased my former post completely. I was confused regarding which date you were talking about. The forum showed me the time of your post as "yesterday at 4:00 am", but when I replied it says "On 6/16/2018 at 3:01 am OJAS said".

That makes it clear you were talking about the 15th, not the 17th as I first thought.

Agree with you, the Baht took a hit on the 15th and 16th and got a slight recovery late on the 17th, and I don't know why, either, so have nothing to contribute.

Sigh.

The $USD : THB breached the 200 day ma on Friday. Having done so it took off. 200 week ma is at 33.93. OTH it could just be based on the news out of the Crown Property Bureau. Probably can't talk about it.

23 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

The $USD : THB breached the 200 day ma on Friday. Having done so it took off. 200 week ma is at 33.93. OTH it could just be based on the news out of the Crown Property Bureau. Probably can't talk about it.

That change means those assets are now taxable, I would have thought that was a positive move.

On 6/16/2018 at 3:01 PM, OJAS said:

I think this is a capital outflow issue, the SET fell also, as expected, when the US Fed announced the increase.

7 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

True, but it also means they are saleable and seriously, who's going to enforce that tax?

We are told this is a part of an image improvement program, we shall see.

Thai economic growth forecast projections up to 6% – World Bank

• The World Bank is looking to boost projections for growth in the Thai economy.

In the last financial quarter, expansion of the Thai economy hit a five-year high.

Ulrich Zachau, the World Bank’s director for Thailand and regional partnerships, says that a stable outlook and signs that Thai business is investing again domestically are among the positive factors for the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia.

The World Bank is looking to boost projections for gr

• owth in the Thai economy.

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

expansion of the Thai economy hit a five-year high

A very successful economic recovery that restores the economy to pre-2013 levels.

That high came on the heels of the Democrats, their PRDC surrogates and the military junta crashing the Thai economy in the first place.

Can you imagine a politician's campaign promise that if elected, he'll restore the economy after he crashes it - to return the nation after five years to an economic status quo? I doubt the Thai electorate would reward such a promise by electing (through their parliamentary representatives) that politician to the highest office in Government and access to the nation's treasury.

Fortunately for Soldier Prayut, he needn't ever be concerned about electorate opposition nor his ability to use the Treasury as his personal wallet.

24 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Thats the internal domestic economy, often not much to do with the external currency value, inside Thailand one baht is worth one baht.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

A very successful economic recovery that restores the economy to pre-2013 levels.

That high came on the heels of the Democrats, their PRDC surrogates and the military junta crashing the Thai economy in the first place.

Can you imagine a politician's campaign promise that if elected, he'll restore the economy after he crashes it - to return the nation after five years to an economic status quo? I doubt the Thai electorate would reward such a promise by electing (through their parliamentary representatives) that politician to the highest office in Government and access to the nation's treasury.

Fortunately for Soldier Prayut, he needn't ever be concerned about electorate opposition nor his ability to use the Treasury as his personal wallet.

True, but I'm just posting a link to the news. The important thing of note I found in the article is that there is now an open discussion of raising interest rates.

• Like 1

The SET is down 4% on the week, 5% on the month, it's still up 5% on the year. During the February correction western markets fell by 10%+, the SET only lost 1.46%, one of the lowest falls but today the story is different - GBP/THB is closing on 43, that's good for pensioners, I guess the SET bottom might be some way off yet hence THB is likely to fall further I guess.

Yeah the rate I watch (just because its easy to track consistently as a reference using my phone, not because it's a particularly good rate) was stuck at 31.6 for the longest time, maybe two weeks straight, but now it's 32.53, definitely a sustained material weakening. I guess if they wanted to raise interest rates to keep up with the US they could reverse some of that, but at the cost of slowing the economy. Given how strong the Baht has been, they probably feel its better to let the Baht weaken a little bit as a trade-off to keep the economy rolling along.