Thai man who stomped on six year old boy's head walks free from court

webfact

Thai man who stomped on six year old boy's head walks free from court

a4.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A Thai man who repeatedly kicked a six year old boy in the head as he lay helpless on the floor yesterday walked free from a Minburi court.

Though he was given a jail term it was suspended for three years. And he was fined just 3,000 baht for the attack on the boy - known as Man - in a stairwell on October 4th last, reports Sanook.

The court took into account that the man, called Amnat, 43, was of previous good character and had given the boy's father 10,000 baht for his son's treatment.

But the Minburi provincial court ruling noted that he had repeatedly kicked the boy causing him serious injury to his head. 

The boy's head had contacted the cement floor but still the assailant continued with the kicking.

At the time of the attack it was reported that the victim had allegedly and according to his assailant pushed his own son while playing. 

This was dismissed at the time as kids just playing by the six year old's father who was present to hear the court's ruling yesterday.

Amnat was given a three year sentence and 6,000 baht fine both of which were reduced by half on admission of the offence.

The sentence was held over for three years as Amnat had no previous offences and had already paid the victim's family 10,000 for the boy's hospital bills.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-29

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something is very wrong here, with minor offences such as pointing out corruption leading to unnatural punishment to genuine major offences like this earning not even a slap on the wrist. Comes down to the victim being a nobody of course and accepting that money. I won't bash the country, but the judiciary at least needs a massive kick up the ass!!

Sorry, but this once again shows that so many Thai men are like wild animals, like rabid dogs, with no regard no respect for anything. I know it is a horrible generalisation but it's true. Lock em up.

To our tiny minds he deserves to go to prison and have his rectum enlarged enough to fit a minivan inside, however to the greater Thai mind he has never been CAUGHT abusing a child before, any way they can be replaced, and oh he has paid me 10k THB.

I hope you understand now

"This was dismissed at the time as kids just playing by the six year old's father who was present to hear the court's ruling yesterday"

Ah, I see. Had these kids been older and it had been a real fight, the dad would have been justified in kicking another human being in the head. Good to know that you can always have an excuse for your actions. Maybe the dad was just playing as well, right?

This man needs to be in prison right now. Why does it seem being put in prison and having to pay compensation are mutually exclusive here? Prison sentence and hefty fine. You'll be surprised how quickly people can learn.

I remember posting at the time that it came across to me as if the "victim" had been "bullying" the man's son and I understood the anger and frustration that could have tipped the Father in the wrong direction if he had actually come across it in action. Obviously the wrong thing to do, but if my boy was coming home from school crying a lot as the result of being bullied, God only knows what way I would react if I actually witnessed it. 

PS....My wife just informed me that the boy that was beaten by the man was in fact comforting the boy that was being bullied. The bully had already run away.

The Father was mistaken in what he thought was going on when he came accross the situation as appeared to him.

1 minute ago, dotpoom said:

I remember posting at the time that it came across to me as if the "victim" had been "bullying" the man's son and I understood the anger and frustration that could have tipped the Father in the wrong direction if he had actually come across it in action. Obviously the wrong thing to do, but if my boy was coming home from school crying a lot as the result of being bullied, God only knows what way I would react if I actually witnessed it. 

I can see what you are saying but kicking a six year old in the head he should be doing some serious bird

40 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

PS....My wife just informed me that the boy that was beaten by the man was in fact comforting the boy that was being bullied. The bully had already run away.

The Father was mistaken in what he thought was going on when he came accross the situation as appeared to him.

You would likely have been angry, as most decent people would, but would you have stomped on his head? We all have the ability to control ourselves, as hard as that may be at times.

Keep waiting for those likes.

For a country who doesn't want to lose face:  this incident and the pantywaist response from its non-justice system - makes Thailand look like Oingo Boingo Primitive land in the eyes of the world.  In sum:  Thai authorities cannot and care not to protect the well-being of innocents.  

Message to Thai kids:  'if you're facing or experiencing dire harm, Thai officials don't give a shit.'

Meanwhile; officials salivate with glee when busting someone for possession of some pot, but........

Archived