Thai man who stomped on six year old boy's head walks free from court

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What puzzles me is the automatic halving of the sentence if one admits to the crime ! Surely if the whole incident is captured on film then no admission is necessary, and what about any poor soul who doesn,t admit because they didn,t do it ? This will only encourage people to admit to crimes they did not commit ! There has to be a better way, especially to deal with crimes against children.

It's ashame how a court can let this guy going "free" with nothing. What the heck is 10.000 bath against a serious attack on a child's life!

This countries moral is  rotten down : no respect on anything!!!!!!!

But well thats how they teach their kids and show off in their own living to their kids....Ups no i forget: smiling Thailand every where!

This is sick justice The court acts like he is the victim

He should have at least been given  3 to 6 months in jail and a fine of  more money

10,000 baht is a joke by anyone standards

This is why you have so many problems with Thai culture No respect for the rule of law.

7 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

This is sick justice The court acts like he is the victim

He should have at least been given  3 to 6 months in jail and a fine of  more money

10,000 baht is a joke by anyone standards

This is why you have so many problems with Thai culture No respect for the rule of law.

Spot on. Its a joke. He should be inside now

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

I remember posting at the time that it came across to me as if the "victim" had been "bullying" the man's son and I understood the anger and frustration that could have tipped the Father in the wrong direction if he had actually come across it in action. Obviously the wrong thing to do, but if my boy was coming home from school crying a lot as the result of being bullied, God only knows what way I would react if I actually witnessed it. 

PS....My wife just informed me that the boy that was beaten by the man was in fact comforting the boy that was being bullied. The bully had already run away.

The Father was mistaken in what he thought was going on when he came accross the situation as appeared to him.

Wow, just wow. The "victim" as you put it, is 6 years old. That's SIX years old. I guess you are not on here to make friends, eh?

If a Thai kicks almost a young boy's head off he gets away with 3000 bath fine and a suspended jail-time. I wonder, what if a foreigner of unspoken behavior would do the same? Would he get away with 3000 bath and a suspended jail time? No, of course not! He would be in jail so fast that his ass would catch fire! 

To me this sentence is a serious rape of justice, but hey, I'm just a foreigner, what do I know? In many country's justice is measured in two way's, true enough, but here it is measured in countless way's. Lady Justice has a blindfold that symbolizes that Justice should be equal to everyone. Here she's not blindfolded but keeps a keen eye open to favor those who can afford it... Been here since 2007, I love Thailand, I really do, but some things that happen here make me sick to my stomach...........

I think the Judge should also go to prison for that farcical decision.

Its no wonder there's an apparent increase in violence.

With all the serious crimes here and pathetic policing and court outcomes, it's obvious' No violence = no money changes hands.

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

Tackle a soi dog that bit your kid though and that's a lot more serious!

Ha!  That is so true... capture this guy kicking a dog on camera  and this bozo would be in the klink quick smart.  But heck, he has a good character, and this kid pushed his kid, and he paid his 10K for head surgery... so let's just forget the whole thing.

The teacher needs anger Management Classes!

His father probably stomped on his head so - same, same toward students.

He should have been expelled from teaching and sentenced to incarceration for a period of time while in a Anger Management program.

A day may come when he may kill someone close to him without help.

1 minute ago, Dixie Normus said:

I cant believe the father would take 10K blood money and consider it even.

Don't forget that according to world-standards Thailand is still considered as a 3rd world country where the wages are generally low. It would not surprise me if the 10.000 bath is more then the father makes in a month.. Al though this puts things maybe a bit more in perspective, if anyone would do this to my child he would end up in the hospital, or worse! Even if I have to catch him when he leaves the court! You do not kick children to the head! NEVER!!

If the victim was my son, I was certainly do my utmost to engage with the attacker in order to explain that his behaviour is unacceptable and akin to a rabid dog.  I might suggest we spend the day together; a long walk in the forest might clear his mind and help him to understand my point of view.  A brutal assault on a minor is unacceptable and I would point out to him a payment of money does not make it ok.  Indeed the suggestion of payment is simply offensive.  Our day in the forest would be enlightening; he might enjoy it so much that he might choose to stay - penance.  I am a responsible guy so I would ensure we have a first aid kit with us in case of any accidents, deep forest/jungle can be a dangerous hostile place , and I could teach him how to make splints and crutches as part of his learning about being at one with nature.

The law in Thailand is not concerned with ensuring that the public behave "properly" towards each other (the protection of the "Body Public") and maintaining the general "good", as it is in the West. 

It is primarily concerned with ensuring dominion of the ruling caste over the population. 

The public can pretty much do what they want to each other, and can sort it out among themselves, as long as the dominion of the ruling caste is not threatened.  This is common in the region.  Concepts of Law/Society are different to the West.

They are not going to "learn" to do things another way. 

It's their way, it's their "normal".  It's what the people are bred to.

They want all our Western "things", they don't want our Western "ideas".

Edited by Enoon

7 minutes ago, Enoon said:

The law in Thailand is not concerned with ensuring that the public behave "properly" towards each other (the protection of the "Body Public") and maintaining the general "good", as it is in the West. 

It is primarily concerned with ensuring dominion of the ruling caste over the population. 

The public can pretty much do what they want to each other, and can sort it out among themselves, as long as the dominion of the ruling caste is not threatened.  This is common in the region.  Concepts of Law/Society are different to the West.

They are not going to "learn" to do things another way. 

It's their way, it's their "normal".  It's what the people are bred to.

They want all our Western "things", they don't want our Western "ideas".

"It is primarily concerned with ensuring dominion of the ruling caste over the population."    Is that right? It's really interesting. Do you have some examples of this? I'm not challenging you, just asking....