Deputy premier outlines Thai tourism regulations to Chinese tour companies

webfact

Deputy premier outlines Thai tourism regulations to Chinese tour companies

CHENGDU, 30 November 2016 (NNT) – Deputy Prime Minister Tanasak Patimapragon outlined Thailand’s tourism regulations to tour operators based in China's Chengdu city. 

The deputy premier who was leading a Quality Tourism roadshow in Chengdu, China, suggested that the Chinese tour operators observe and follow the tourism regulations while doing business in Thailand. 

He said the Thai government has taken a measure to combat illegal tour operators, commonly known as the “Zero-Dollar Tour,” which might affect the confidence of the country’s tourism. He called on the Chinese tour operators to understand the Thai government's effort and to operate in accordance with the Thai law. 

He said the Thai authorities have initially promoted via the Chinese media the tourism of Thailand during the times of New Year and Chinese New Year seasons. 

The deputy premier's visit to Chengdu was meant to promote Chinese quality tour groups' visits to Thailand so that the tour operators and tourists would receive maximum benefits and quality services.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-11-30

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

But if they are rich why would they bother going to Thailand. Plenty of more developed countries to spend their money.

Chinese men come for the Thai girls and Chinese women come for cheap copies for famous clothes designers.

Both same in Nice hotels, Eat at good restaurants.

Same as me :)

16 minutes ago, bark said:

Chinese men come for the Thai girls and Chinese women come for cheap copies for famous clothes designers.

Both same in Nice hotels, Eat at good restaurants.

Same as me :)

Rich Chinese women go to Paris and London to buy the real thing, because they can afford to.

1 minute ago, BirdsandBooze said:

Rich Chinese women go to Paris and London to buy the real thing, because they can afford to.

But their Rich Chinese husbands tell them to go to Bangkok. The mans desire for Thai women is more the the Chinese,

need for Paris or London. And Chinese girls don't like the UK Food. They can eat dog or dog food at home. No need to go to London to eat it. Thai food is 10 times better.

1 hour ago, bark said:

But their Rich Chinese husbands tell them to go to Bangkok. The mans desire for Thai women is more the the Chinese,

need for Paris or London. And Chinese girls don't like the UK Food. They can eat dog or dog food at home. No need to go to London to eat it. Thai food is 10 times better.

No, they don't tell them to go to Bangkok. London and Paris are full of wealthy Chinese and there are lots of first class Chinese restaurants in both England and France. If Chinese women really want fake designer goods they don't need to travel to Thailand for them, China has that market catered to. And wealthy Chinese men who are so inclined to enjoy some extra-marital fun like to indulge in Western women. The Chinese who come to Thailand are the new middle class. They've saved hard for their holiday in Thailand but would go to Europe if they could afford to. And judging by the amount of Chinese tourists eating in Chinese rather than Thai restaurants in Bangkok most prefer Chinese food to Thai too.

6 minutes ago, BirdsandBooze said:

No, they don't tell them to go to Bangkok. London and Paris are full of wealthy Chinese and there are lots of first class Chinese restaurants in both England and France. If Chinese women really want fake designer goods they don't need to travel to Thailand for them, China has that market catered to. And wealthy Chinese men who are so inclined to enjoy some extra-marital fun like to indulge in Western women. The Chinese who come to Thailand are the new middle class. They've saved hard for their holiday in Thailand but would go to Europe if they could afford to. And judging by the amount of Chinese tourists eating in Chinese rather than Thai restaurants in Bangkok most prefer Chinese food to Thai too.

There was a TV series about super rich Chinese living in the UK especially London and the Home Counties.  They are way above any Chinese you see in Thailand. And I have done a lot of CP work for Rich Chinese and they like a gamble and a night at Spearmint Rhinos.  As you say you really think they would eat at crap all you can eat buffet for a tenner in China Town in Soho.

Makes me smile when people go on about crappy food in London.

Edited by DaveE13

21 minutes ago, BirdsandBooze said:

Cannot compare, greasy Fish and Chips, Kidney Pie, to Thai cuisine. Zero Tourists from China are farmers, not middle class.

Wealthy Chinese men love the Thai and Russian girls in Bangkok.

2 minutes ago, bark said:

Cannot compare, greasy Fish and Chips, Kidney Pie, to Thai cuisine. Zero Tourists from China are farmers, not middle class.

Wealthy Chinese men love the Thai and Russian girls in Bangkok.

You think they cant get Russian Girls in London?

Greasy fish and chips made me laugh.

1 minute ago, DaveE13 said:

You think they cant get Russian Girls in London?

Greasy fish and chips made me laugh.

They don't even use Cod and Haddock, anymore.

Would go with a Russian in London. No way.

But, I bet you have had many Thai's here ?

Just now, bark said:

They don't even use Cod and Haddock, anymore.

Would go with a Russian in London. No way.

But, I bet you have had many Thai's here ?

I agree with you about the Fish and Chips, too many Keebab shops took over the traditional chippys.   I can not answer you about the many Thais Ive had   :post-4641-1156693976:   without the GF finding out.

Just now, DaveE13 said:

I agree with you about the Fish and Chips, too many Keebab shops took over the traditional chippys.   I can not answer you about the many Thais Ive had   :post-4641-1156693976:   without the GF finding out.

Cheers. Hide the scissors.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

But if they are rich why would they bother going to Thailand. Plenty of more developed countries to spend their money.

Top places rich Chinese are visiting in 2016:

Europe - especially France, Italy & Switzerland, USA. Maldives, Japan, Australia, Dubai and UK with South Korea and Thailand having honourable mention.

https://list.juwai.com/news/2016/03/top-10-places-rich-chinese-are-visiting-in-2016

Message translated.

"Don't send us your cheap-skate nouveau riche tourists. They are not welcome. They are rude and wash there feet in handbasins, do their business behind the toilets, behave like jackals at buffet lunches, kick bells and clog the roads with their buses. 

Please send us your wealthy Chinese tourists, the ones with quality "old" money who will hand it over gladly without question to Thai tourism mogals and their network of businesses.

And don't think about coming here again and setting up your own tourist businesses to successfully compete against our own local operators. We now have rules in place to stop that. Is that clear; message understood?" 

The response should be interesting.

The deputy premier who was leading a Quality Tourism roadshow in Chengdu, China, suggested that the Chinese tour operators observe and follow the tourism regulations while doing business in Thailand. 

Suggested that they follow the regulations?  Oh yea, I forgot, this is Thailand where following laws/regulations is optional in many cases.