Savannakhet - Single Entry Non O based on Marriage

19 minutes ago, DiamondKing said:

Hey Joe 

What constitutes 40K income would a years local bank statements showing 100K a month coming in from overseas, or do I need some  other proof ??

You would need a income letter from your embassy to prove your income. Contact them to find out what they require to do one.

17 minutes ago, DiamondKing said:

So that means a trip to bangkok ??? since no nothng in CM anymore for us Brits

I have been an expat for nigh on 35 years they know nothing about me LOL so no way they can confirm my income 

No need to make a trip to Bangkok. You apply for it my post.  Info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Just present some basic proof of your income from anywhere but Thailand. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Q:

What about applying for  multiple entry 1 yr non O visa based on marriage application at this consulate? Need proof of income?

Anyone know, much appreciated.

No financial proof is asked for at the consulate in Savannakhet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Anyone know if Savannakhet consulate is open Monday 5th Dec please....Late King's birthday and holiday in Thailand?

It will be closed tomorrow for Lao National day, the 5th and the 12th for constitution day.

6 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

The 40k income ..... that could be anyone (relative, friend) putting 40k into your account?

The 40k baht has to proven by a income letter from your embassy for an extension application. You would need whatever is required by them to get the letter.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 40k baht has to proven by a income letter from your embassy for an extension application. You would need whatever is required by them to get the letter.

probably scuppers my latest brainfart.......  me and my family bouncing 40k back n forward for a few months...

8 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

probably scuppers my latest brainfart.......  me and my family bouncing 40k back n forward for a few months...

As ubonjoe says, it's entirely dependent on what your embassy demands in order to give you the letter. Some embassies say little more than "lemonjelly told us ...". Theoretically you could get locked up by your home country for making a false statement to your embassy - except the sole proof that you did so is locked in the basement of some Thai immigration office

As ubonjoe says, it's entirely dependent on what your embassy demands in order to give you the letter. Some embassies say little more than "lemonjelly told us ...". Theoretically you could get locked up by your home country for making a false statement to your embassy - except the sole proof that you did so is locked in the basement of some Thai immigration office

Uk Embassy.... no idea how strict they are..... I'm married and have a young kid.... there's no way I'm going to abandon them, if Savannakhet changes the "no need to show 400k" (which I don't have) rule, .... trying to think of plan B.... I'm sure there's many in the same boat.

Sent from my twisted mind using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 2:17 PM, ubonjoe said:

They issue both of them with no financial proof.

A single entry only allows one 90 day entry. If you apply for a one year extension of that 90 day entry at immigration you would then do 90 day reports to immigration.

Just like to say that I did my marriage visa in savannakhet on the 27th of this month no problems just a marriage certificate original and photocopy they like to see the original wife's thai id house registration they didn't ask for financials that was it drop in the morning 5000 baht pick up next day 2pm all good just a word of warning it's getting very busy there get there well before time it's packed line up out on to the road.

17 hours ago, gav2013 said:

Just like to say that I did my marriage visa in savannakhet on the 27th of this month no problems just a marriage certificate original and photocopy they like to see the original wife's thai id house registration they didn't ask for financials that was it drop in the morning 5000 baht pick up next day 2pm all good just a word of warning it's getting very busy there get there well before time it's packed line up out on to the road.

What do you mean ' they like to see'.

Are they going to refuse the visa without wife house registration.

I want to supply photo copy of wife id card insread of house registration. Now i am thinking it will get rejected. 

Edited by SpeakeasyThai

14 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

What do you mean ' they like to see'.

Are they going to refuse the visa without wife house registration.

I want to supply photo copy of wife id card insread of house registratiobn. Now i am thinking it will get rejected. 

It is not really like to see it is mandatory.

You must have copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not really like to see it is mandatory.

You must have copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

One rule for one consulate and another rule for a different consulate then. Typical and not suprising.

Edited by SpeakeasyThai

On 2016-12-01 at 10:34 AM, franck1972 said:

No financial proof needed, I did it 3 months ago (not based on marriage, but child visit)
I extended it 60 days at the end, no financial proof needed either.
So, a single entry gives you max 90 days + 60 days extension = 150 days

Can the Non-O be extended for 60-days in Thailand?.....I have a single-entry and would rather extend the visa  than traveling to Penang on Jan.01

Edited by HaleySabai

44 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

Can the Non-O be extended for 60-days in Thailand?.....I have a single-entry and would rather extend the visa  than traveling to Penang on Jan.01

yes, I've extended it last week in Chaeng Wattana. Better come with your wife or child, even if it's not mandatory. Costs 1900 THB

• Like 1