Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

Well, the thing was, it did turn off shortly after I left that place. I also took it for a drive this evening and no light came on.

I did a couple of heavy stops / breaks shortly before arriving home ( testing the breaks ) then went to straight back to the dealership and got brushed off. Left and the light turned off.

Would the ABS system overheating possibly trigger the overheating light to come on and turn off after the breaks cooled down?

55 minutes ago, NiwPix said:

Well, the thing was, it did turn off shortly after I left that place. I also took it for a drive this evening and no light came on.

I did a couple of heavy stops / breaks shortly before arriving home ( testing the breaks ) then went to straight back to the dealership and got brushed off. Left and the light turned off.

Would the ABS system overheating possibly trigger the overheating light to come on and turn off after the breaks cooled down?

Yamaha Brakes shouldn't overheat doing a couple of stops.... At least it's something I haven't seen in any bike before

Hard to believe they forgot to put the oil in tho

(a dry engine would seize well before you got home ) 

What light was it that came on? 

2 hours ago, NiwPix said:

Sorry for the bad quality picture, but that was the light that came on ( next to it on the right is the green A light )
IMG_2444.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Never seen any orange light on mine as of yet but I would ride it and see what happens...it's under warranty anyway and they're cheap as chips 

If it breaks down, just call them again 

Many people complain about the abs model on Thai forums, the stop start thing doesn't work sometimes I've  read and the keyless thing is more hassle than an actual key but I haven't ruled out the possibility that most of them are idiots and haven't read the instructions properly lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NiwPix said:

Yeah, I am not too worried about this. I do think it was because it was new ( it had 0km on the clock when I left ).

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I'll give you 40,000 cash for it now :-)

Hello all. 

I started to looking for a bike for riding in the Bangkok. Now I come to the point to purchase Aerox. By doing lots of research and reading about the bike I understand what's what. By most who anoyes me the colour choice in Thai region is 4. You get really annoying Matt and gloss finishes. Like Indonesia have a 6 types and they are much better. OK I prefer black looking really good. (see pic) 

My thing is how are you manage to get around if you want different colour than stock? Do you spray paint or vinyl. It's worth start messing up with this. Will be interesting to know are you can order like that below in picture to have dilivered to BKK. 

Thanks 

Yamaha-Aerox-155-atau-NVX-di-IMOS-2016-8

1 hour ago, Jimmysbike said:

Hello all. 

I started to looking for a bike for riding in the Bangkok. Now I come to the point to purchase Aerox. By doing lots of research and reading about the bike I understand what's what. By most who anoyes me the colour choice in Thai region is 4. You get really annoying Matt and gloss finishes. Like Indonesia have a 6 types and they are much better. OK I prefer black looking really good. (see pic) 

My thing is how are you manage to get around if you want different colour than stock? Do you spray paint or vinyl. It's worth start messing up with this. Will be interesting to know are you can order like that below in picture to have dilivered to BKK. 

Thanks 

They now do a Motogp version now, if that's any better for you.

yamaha-aerox-motogp.png

1 hour ago, Jimmysbike said:

Hello all. 

Thanks 

Yamaha-Aerox-155-atau-NVX-di-IMOS-2016-8

I don't know why you want the Indonesia color in Thailand but the only way will be to buy a Thai one and change it yourself

Not overly expensive but not something I'd bother with on a 62k scooter. If you change the color you also have to change the greenbook at the land department etc 

I would just pick the colour you hate the least and just ride it, life's too short to try and get the Indonesia colour outside Indonesia  :smile:

On 07/08/2017 at 11:38 PM, speedtripler said:

Where can you order or go get a hook? 

Are they aerox specific or any aftermarket hook will work? 

Any aftermarket hook they also need an extension to the hook it's about 25mm in length because where the hook goes on the aerox it's quite deep the hole.

sir/sirs, would you mind sharing some feedbacks regarding some engine vibrations at any speeds on yours if there's any, 'coz i've been experiencing it quite a number of times lately, at times it's running so fine and on the next, you can notice a bit of a vibration coming from the engine, mine has just over 500Km on the odo, tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, speedtripler said:

I don't know why you want the Indonesia color in Thailand but the only way will be to buy a Thai one and change it yourself

Not overly expensive but not something I'd bother with on a 62k scooter. If you change the color you also have to change the greenbook at the land department etc 

I would just pick the colour you hate the least and just ride it, life's too short to try and get the Indonesia colour outside Indonesia  :smile:

Your right mate the colour choice should be a lot wider than what they have provided for Thailand I don't understand why manufacturers do that when they know colour is a very personal thing and it could stop you from purchasing a bike.

On 09/08/2017 at 3:07 PM, speedtripler said:

Never seen any orange light on mine as of yet but I would ride it and see what happens...it's under warranty anyway and they're cheap as chips 

If it breaks down, just call them again 

Many people complain about the abs model on Thai forums, the stop start thing doesn't work sometimes I've  read and the keyless thing is more hassle than an actual key but I haven't ruled out the possibility that most of them are idiots and haven't read the instructions properly lol

Yes mate a lot of people don't know how to use the remote control it's as simple as turning it on and leaving it on in your pocket that's all you need to do, and never touch the remote ever again after that. And all you do after that is approach the bike switch the knobs to start and go. When you get off the bike all you do is switch the knob on  the bike to off lock and walk away and the bike will turn itself off it's that simple you don't need to use the remote. I don't understand why people are having problems with that.

8 hours ago, Eli1 said:

Any aftermarket hook they also need an extension to the hook it's about 25mm in length because where the hook goes on the aerox it's quite deep the hole.

There is one like this but looked a bit bigger, 

I saw it on an aerox parked but don't know where to buy it yet

Probably somewhere on Facebook... 

images (14).jpg

598c00cf7144a_images(14).jpg.c65968b4a734167e9effa81a0fa2dc63.jpg

I bought a hook similar to this (with the extension) at the bike accessories shop on Pattaya Tai (right hand side heading towards Suk, corner of Soi Khopai)

IMG_3668.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

I like the look and especially the "powerful" engine of this bike, but unfortunately not enough space for my long legs.

I'm still waiting for "step-through" style bike, like Click, Mio, etc. but with a bigger engine and the chance to replace the handlebars with a higher one.

Atm, I'm driving a TTX with higher handlebars... relatively comfy, upright seat position, but only a 115cc engine.

On 10/08/2017 at 4:46 PM, speedtripler said:

images (14).jpg

I sore that but the edges are to sharp to hang to many plastic bags they'll rip. You can get one that's solid aluminium and smooth with out  any sharp edges, unlike that one.

I'd send you a photo when I go back.

That hook is a Yamaha part.  Any dealer will order it if they don't have one inn stock.  The edges are not as sharp as they look.  I've had no problem with plastic bags tearing.  This was an initial concern of mine as well.

IMG_20170811_144112900xxx.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a generic question regarding a keyless remote.

I have the Aerox ABS with keyless start. When I bought the bike, I had them include a second keyless remote. They came by at my work place to connect it. 30 minutes later they came to me and said "all done". I got my "keys" back, signed off and they left. Later in the evening, I checked and to my "surprise" only one remote worked. No big deal I thought. I'll just have them do it again when I go for my 1000km service. I just dropped of my bike for the 1000km service and a different mechanic is working on the bike now, but he fairly quickly said "mai dai"....basically you can't have to remotes working at the same time for 1 Bike.

Can somebody confirm if this is true or not?

I wasnt to worried about it. I was at work, didnt have time to check, knew it was under warranty...so no big deal, since I had one working one. The other one is just back up.

Also, has nothing to do with Thais doing something. I have similar stories from the US.

All I would like to know fi somebody can confirm that only one keyless remote is possible on bikes.

Cars can have several keyless remotes. It is hard for me to believe that bikes are limited to one....but I just want to make sure.

I have been here long enough that I know they say "can not" before even thinking about it.

All I wanted to know if motorbikes maybe have some sort of restriction and a slight chance of the mechanic being correct. No real answers here. I'll wait and see if somebody with knowledge in that area comes by and in the meantime continue seaching for an answer on google.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NiwPix said:

I have a generic question regarding a keyless remote.

I have the Aerox ABS with keyless start. When I bought the bike, I had them include a second keyless remote. They came by at my work place to connect it. 30 minutes later they came to me and said "all done". I got my "keys" back, signed off and they left. Later in the evening, I checked and to my "surprise" only one remote worked. No big deal I thought. I'll just have them do it again when I go for my 1000km service. I just dropped of my bike for the 1000km service and a different mechanic is working on the bike now, but he fairly quickly said "mai dai"....basically you can't have to remotes working at the same time for 1 Bike.

Can somebody confirm if this is true or not?

I have ordered a 2nd remote for my Yamaha Xmax, the dealer (Pattaya Watchara/Yamaha Sukhumv. op. Thepprasit R. junction) programed/mirrored it with notebook and now 2 remotes are working well

Edited by MrJ
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/10/2017 at 5:50 PM, madhav said:

Are the prices fixed all over the country? I went to my local Samui branch and they quoted 3k more than listed on the national website. 

No some dealers rape more than others.... Pays to shop around or have a Thai ring around them all for  you.... 

40 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

No some dealers rape more than others.... Pays to shop around or have a Thai ring around them all for  you.... 

I spoke only in Thai from start to finish but probably the white skin is enough for the usual price adjustment.

“He Farang, he rich. Make price more.”

I went to the other dealer on the island, and the price I was quoted was 70k baht, and this was just for the standard model. Not including registration, was another 2k. I said that I want to do the registration myself and they said ‘mai dai’. So I said thanks and walked out.

Am going to bangkok next week so will pick one up there. Have seen a few second hand options with 2-3k km on the Odo going for around 50k baht. Will buy one like this and send it back via the post office for 2.5k. Baht. Will save at least 13k baht like this.

There is almost no incentive to buy from local places like this. I understand people want to make a profit but how stupid do they think we are. 

• Like 2