Extension of stay DENIED.

9 minutes ago, nunoyabiznez said:

his wife does the talking, he sits and smiles"

Does the OP speak Thai and did he understand what was being said ?

Numerous business interests in Thailand and moving them to Cambodia ?

How could his Wife stop him moving his Thai based businesses to Cambodia ?

Just a suggestion 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Does the OP speak Thai and did he understand what was being said ?

Numerous business interests in Thailand and moving them to Cambodia ?

How could his Wife stop him moving his Thai based businesses to Cambodia ?

Just a suggestion 

And that's why she went to Holland to help him.

Does not make sense, the only thing that seems to make sense is that there was something wrong with his extension of stay application, like the earlier mentioned the OP leaving the country without re-entry permit.

Soon as I saw 'businesses', it was a kind of ahh moment. If all about the visa, they would have at least given you a reason and the other options to allow you to stay longer. Thai imm can be a handful and frustrating at times, but they generally try to sort things out. Even if you offended someone by telling them to F off, you would have been given the reason. Someone has a bee in their bonnet. Best of luck.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

On another thread the OP mentioned he left Thailand on Nov 11th. Is it possible he forgot a re entry permit for the under consideration period, which resulted him getting in on a visa exempt upon returning before Nov 16th? Reason would dictate they would at least allow him to stay until that permission would end though. Then again, if he is working here with a workpermit, he would be doing those things illegally the moment he wasn't on a non-o, non-b or extension of stay anymore, in this case when he arrived back into Thailand. 

All of this would be cited by immigration if it were so, he has had his lawyer talking to them!

No dice.

I'd be worried if it had come to that.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It has to be extension related IMO. Also note he was not blacklisted.

Then wouldnt the normal procedure be to give him 7 days to leave or if he had technically over stayed, then to make him pay an overstay fine ?

It seems strange for the IO to put him on the next flight home .

It also seems odd that his Lawyer spoke to the top guy at Immigration .

Maybe his Lawyer made his case to vigorously (which he should be entitled to do) and if the Lawyer was in the right, rather than Immigration admitting they were wrong, they just sent him home ?

It could also be that his original Visa was issued with "not all the correct documents" and the Lawyer threatened to take it further and rather than being exposed, the IO sent him home ?

Just giving possibilities 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FredNL said:

There was no reason for denying the extension at all. 

It is at the discretion of the immigration officer. 

My wife has done some research and probably it was the passport photograph that was included with the application. I was wearing an orange t-shirt. They said to my wife that it looked like a prison shirt. That might have been the reason.

I wouldn't  be surprised...cheeky passport photos like that may fly in Europe but will often cause offense in Asia. If you intend  to spend much time in this part of the world, I'd advise getting some proper passport-size photos to keep on hand.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Doiger said:

It's quite obvious that the full story has not been told here.

I am curious as to why the OP was made to fly to Amsterdam, from what i have seen the OP was not on overstay, being deported or banned from the country, surely it is not up to immigration to tell you what country you must fly to

It is their call.  The "passport country" is always the destination with deportations, but it has also happened to some denied entry at an airport - those attempting visa-exempt and with valid visas.  Sometimes they give you a choice - sometimes not.  This is why I will not set foot in Thai airports.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

It is their call.  The "passport country" is always the destination with deportations, but it has also happened to some denied entry at an airport - those attempting visa-exempt and with valid visas.  Sometimes they give you a choice - sometimes not.  This is why I will not set foot in Thai airports.

I agree with what you are saying in certain circumstances but the OP was not deported or denied entry at an airport.

• Like 2

The point is you can be denied and given no reasons, it's totally at the discretion of the immigration officer. This is the same for all countries. In the UK there's an appeals system, but it has to be done out of country. Not sure if an appeals system exists in Thailand. So you'd better be very polite dealing with that guy/girl.

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Looking at the link above from another thread that the OP commented on.

first he says he got denied a new visa in holland as he has no history other than birth in the country (what country is his recent passport from then?)

secondly he says his wife managed to get an emergency visa for holland to take him paperwork (is this possible if as he says he has no links to holland)

thirdly, he says that he got a new visa in Singapore and is now back in Thailand.

i may be wrong but is it even possible to do all of those thing in the 2 week period since he was allegedly removed from Thailand 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doiger said:

I agree with what you are saying in certain circumstances but the OP was not deported or denied entry at an airport.

Yes, but let's say you tick off the 'wrong person' - as seems to have happened here.  A person with "rank" can tell those with lower rank to take you to the airport and instruct the airport staff what your options "shall be," and I'd bet they will follow orders, if they know what is good for them. 

• Like 1

Looking at the link above from another thread that the OP commented on.
first he says he got denied a new visa in holland as he has no history other than birth in the country (what country is his recent passport from then?)
secondly he says his wife managed to get an emergency visa for holland to take him paperwork (is this possible if as he says he has no links to holland)
thirdly, he says that he got a new visa in Singapore and is now back in Thailand.

i may be wrong but is it even possible to do all of those thing in the 2 week period since he was allegedly removed from Thailand 

You read that post incorrect. He was denied in Bangkok, sent to Holland, his wife came with paperwork, was denied and went to Singapore for TV.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Like 1