Polish tourists beaten, robbed by Phuket teenagers

rooster59

1 hour ago, Fookhaht said:

THE SKY IS FALLING!
THE SKY IS FALLING!

92a817b39700ce17f427638525d79b53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

There was no social media (Facebook) no internet, no Xbox, no mobile phones, no hard drugs etc etc, in Socrates' time.  

Not to mention, tourists on Phuket are to be taken from, legally, or illegally, which is the Phuket motto among many locals.    

The Phuket youth have grown up with this way of thought, and have seen it first hand, through their elders, so is it little wonder their actions reflect the local community's destain for foreigners here? 

I expect to see a lot more crime like this on Phuket, over the next few years, as the easy Phuket money dries up for many here.

Edited by NamKangMan

There was no social media (Facebook) no internet, no Xbox, no mobile phones, no hard drugs etc etc, in Socrates' time.  

Not to mention, tourists on Phuket are to be taken from, legally, or illegally, which is the Phuket motto among many locals.    

The Phuket youth have grown up with this way of thought, and have seen it first hand, through their elders, so is it little wonder their actions reflect the local community's destain for foreigners here? 

I expect to see a lot more crime like this on Phuket, over the next few years, as the easy Phuket money dries up for many here.

That's what you have been crying for for a long time already, and so far you have been very wrong.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Not to mention, tourists on Phuket are to be taken from, legally, or illegally....

Social media in Socrates' time was the Forum, the Acropolis, Theater of Dionysius, and the Agora. Discussions and topics at these venues reverberated throughout the entire culture and country.

You better check your hard drugs history which predates Socrates by over 4500 years.

Finally, your implication that legal/illegal taking of money from travelers is something new – doesn't even deserve a rebuttal.

"Nothing new under the sun."

But if you prefer to think that "The Sky is Falling" in 2016 because of the trappings of modernity (which will become outdated sooner than later), be my guest. Doom-sayers gotta have that drum. dcc654cae096e7d016ce66c058b9db87.jpgc484ac44d7a65b0b6fa85a11cefddf31.jpg

23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This kind of behaviour by young people seems to happen everywhere these days, and I wonder how much of it is down to modern parenting. When I was a kid my father worked and my mother looked after the house and us kids. Now, being a mother is often treated as a part-time job alongside the mother doing a job outside of the home. Being a mother is NOT a part-time job.

I am not being a chauvinist and saying a women's place is at the kitchen sink and that she shouldn't realise her potential in the job market, but a child needs guidance and someone at home to prevent them running wild.

Now, though, society dictates that being an absent parent is more acceptable than a woman being restricted to the home. So society must pay the consequences. We can't have it both ways. A woman is a mother or a businessperson. Mixing the two is an almost impossible task for many.

Its 80% parenting and 20% social values that children see acted out by adults.  What is happening is no surprise and that it will get far worse is guaranteed.

23 hours ago, Grubster said:

Thai parents are very strict with the girls, making them work at an early age. Boys can lay around the house or do anything they want with zero ramifications. Thats what I see anyway.

Maybe so. The way I see it, the women of Thailand pretty much run the nation. Without them, the country would come apart at the seams, overnight. They are the backbone of the nation. They work hard, don't complain, have more common sense, and are raised better. 

If Thailand really wanted to improve, they could start by telling the young boys, at a very early age, "You are nothing. You are not special. You are just a human being like your sisters. They are better than you. They are smarter, they work harder, and they contribute to society in ways you could only dream about. Being a boy means nothing. You are less than zero, until you prove your worth to your family, your nation, and the world. Until then, you are just a lazy punk, who sucks up alot of oxygen, eats alot of food, and gives little back. Prove yourself. Show us if you have the kind of stuff that makes a man. Until then, you mean little to us, and to the world.

geez.  two years ago I stayed at karon right about this time of year.  At night I would often walk along the beach road there and even out on the little pier there.  The only time I was even a little bit worried was when a ladyboy kind of followed me out and king of called to me, and further behind her still on the sidewalk was another one.  I had my umbrella with me because it was still showering a bit now and then and nothing happened.  But as I get older and there are 4 teenagers, well, despite my earlier years tae kwon do training, bad things can happen in a fight and one cheap shot from one of the 4 can cause you some problem

23 hours ago, Grubster said:

Thai parents are very strict with the girls, making them work at an early age. Boys can lay around the house or do anything they want with zero ramifications. Thats what I see anyway.

I agree with that. It's part of the Thai and Asian culture. Males are much more important than females. Females are expected to do all the housework, males can laze about all day.

In this modern area drug use has become a major problem worldwide.These youngsters can only pay for more yaba by stealing. And it's only going to get worse ... much worse.

Maybe so. The way I see it, the women of Thailand pretty much run the nation. Without them, the country would come apart at the seams, overnight. They are the backbone of the nation. They work hard, don't complain, have more common sense, and are raised better. 

If Thailand really wanted to improve, they could start by telling the young boys, at a very early age, "You are nothing. You are not special. You are just a human being like your sisters. They are better than you. They are smarter, they work harder, and they contribute to society in ways you could only dream about. Being a boy means nothing. You are less than zero, until you prove your worth to your family, your nation, and the world. Until then, you are just a lazy punk, who sucks up alot of oxygen, eats alot of food, and gives little back. Prove yourself. Show us if you have the kind of stuff that makes a man. Until then, you mean little to us, and to the world.

Telling young kids they are just punks, nothing and worth less than zero is a bad idea imo.
Kids need confidence, this really doesn't help.

On Sunday, December 04, 2016 at 4:19 PM, fish monger said:

Keeping in mind that Thailand is only four fifths the size of Texas, please share your knowledge of the western countries that are half the size of Lao, Vietnam, Cambodia, Burma, Korea.....Feel free to use Texas as a reference point. Considering that you can fit Laos and Cambodia, both, inside of France.

More relevant than land area  would be population? You think?

Theres a percent of bad eggs everywhere.

Considering also, we hear about EVERY news event involving farang here,

The media report even if a farang get a bitchslap by a ladyboy.

A  huge percent of the stuff we read about here would not even get reported in the west as its

just not relevent news.

Its only news here for bored old farts that wanna sit around and winge about Thais.

Mind you getting bottled from behind is nasty.

Hope they throw the 500 baht book on them

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Telling young kids they are just punks, nothing and worth less than zero is a bad idea imo.
Kids need confidence, this really doesn't help.

Wow. Are you missing the point, on this one. Most Thai boys have an overinflated sense of self. Is it because they are extraordinary human beings? Future nobel peace prize winners? Future oscar caliber directors or performers? Potentially scientists who are going to really change the world? NO. It is because they are boys. Period. Nothing more. They are being sold a completely false bill of goods by Thai society, and are growing up with a ridiculously inflated sense of entitlement, based on nothing but gender and chauvinism. It is causing laziness, and a profound lack of achievement. So, they need to be brought down a few pegs. Nothing would be more beneficial to many Thai boys, than to hear that most girls are better than you, unless you really do something to prove yourself in this world. 

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Wow. Are you missing the point, on this one. Most Thai boys have an overinflated sense of self. Is it because they are extraordinary human beings? Future nobel peace prize winners? Future oscar caliber directors or performers? Potentially scientists who are going to really change the world? NO. It is because they are boys. Period. Nothing more. They are being sold a completely false bill of goods by Thai society, and are growing up with a ridiculously inflated sense of entitlement, based on nothing but gender and chauvinism. It is causing laziness, and a profound lack of achievement. So, they need to be brought down a few pegs. Nothing would be more beneficial to many Thai boys, than to hear that most girls are better than you, unless you really do something to prove yourself in this world. 

Good reply and the unfortunate rub is the potential to tap into the available talent is sadly wasted. It doesn’t stop in Lalaland either as I’ve noticed similar traits when Thais move to the west to live; the mothers still treat the boys as princes and this myth is undone when they start school and, after some ‘behavioral readjustment’ by the other boys, the lesson is learnt or it isn’t. I work for one the largest engineering consultants in the world but have never worked with any Thai chartered engineers (not saying there are none) here in Europe, the middle east or South Africa; there has to be good reason for this vacuum of expertise from a comparatively large developing nation. India and China produce them by the truckload.

4 hours ago, billythehat said:

Good reply and the unfortunate rub is the potential to tap into the available talent is sadly wasted. It doesn’t stop in Lalaland either as I’ve noticed similar traits when Thais move to the west to live; the mothers still treat the boys as princes and this myth is undone when they start school and, after some ‘behavioral readjustment’ by the other boys, the lesson is learnt or it isn’t. I work for one the largest engineering consultants in the world but have never worked with any Thai chartered engineers (not saying there are none) here in Europe, the middle east or South Africa; there has to be good reason for this vacuum of expertise from a comparatively large developing nation. India and China produce them by the truckload.

Very good points. I would say, generally speaking, that Thai men are underachievers. How many oscars, peabodys, pulitzers, noble peace prizes, NY Drama Critics, Clios, ESPYs, Grandmasters, Olympic gold medals, Tennis grand slams,  international football championships, International peace prizes, Kennedy Center honors, Carnegie prizes, International design excellence, Darwin medals, and other internationally recognized awards in the arts, humanities, math, politics, and leadership, do you see Thai men winning? How many scientific awards? How many are leaders in medicine, technology, or creators of inventions that have changed the world? For a country of 68 million people, it is quite surprising how little impact Thailand is having on the world. There is a good reason for this. Thai society. Plus deficient education, and little emphasis placed on educational achievement, especially amongst the coddled gender. And it's warped views of how important little boys are, relative to the grand scheme of things.

Let's face it. Little boys don't mean a helluva lot. Not until they prove themselves. Until then, they are just little twerps, who eat, crap, and make alot of noise. This country would be nowhere without it's women, and it's girls. 

Edited by spidermike007

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Very good points. I would say, generally speaking, that Thai men are underachievers. How many oscars, peabodys, pulitzers, noble peace prizes, NY Drama Critics, Clios, ESPYs, Grandmasters, Olympic gold medals, Tennis grand slams,  international football championships, International peace prizes, Kennedy Center honors, Carnegie prizes, International design excellence, Darwin medals, and other internationally recognized awards in the arts, humanities, math, politics, and leadership, do you see Thai men winning? How many scientific awards? How many are leaders in medicine, technology, or creators of inventions that have changed the world? For a country of 68 million people, it is quite surprising how little impact Thailand is having on the world. There is a good reason for this. Thai society. Plus deficient education, and little emphasis placed on educational achievement, especially amongst the coddled gender. And it's warped views of how important little boys are, relative to the grand scheme of things.

Let's face it. Little boys don't mean a helluva lot. Not until they prove themselves. Until then, they are just little twerps, who eat, crap, and make alot of noise. This country would be nowhere without it's women, and it's girls. 

Hang on a minute -  why are Thai girls/women exempted from your list of things in which Thai men are underachievers?

On 05/12/2016 at 10:20 AM, stevenl said:

That's what you have been crying for for a long time already, and so far you have been very wrong.

I don't think I am wrong.

I have definitely noticed more crime being reported in the media here over the last 12 months.

I have particularly mentioned the rise of violent Thai on Thai crime in recent times here, especially involving firearms, which has resulted in murder.  

On 05/12/2016 at 0:09 PM, Fookhaht said:

Social media in Socrates' time was the Forum, the Acropolis, Theater of Dionysius, and the Agora. Discussions and topics at these venues reverberated throughout the entire culture and country.

You better check your hard drugs history which predates Socrates by over 4500 years.

Finally, your implication that legal/illegal taking of money from travelers is something new – doesn't even deserve a rebuttal.

"Nothing new under the sun."

But if you prefer to think that "The Sky is Falling" in 2016 because of the trappings of modernity (which will become outdated sooner than later), be my guest. Doom-sayers gotta have that drum. dcc654cae096e7d016ce66c058b9db87.jpgc484ac44d7a65b0b6fa85a11cefddf31.jpg

"Social media in Socrates' time was the Forum, the Acropolis, Theater of Dionysius, and the Agora. Discussions and topics at these venues reverberated throughout the entire culture and country." - social media is GLOBAL, and INSTANT, and can be anonymous.  Therefore, your comparison is irrelevant.

"You better check your hard drugs history which predates Socrates by over 4500 years." - I seriously doubt ICE was around in Socrates' time.

"Finally, your implication that legal/illegal taking of money from travelers is something new – doesn't even deserve a rebuttal." - just look at the transport mafia here.  It's "legal" theft.

"Nothing new under the sun." - I agree.  Crime is nothing new to Phuket, however, media reports show it's occurring more often these days, with more violence involved. 

"But if you prefer to think that "The Sky is Falling" in" - I certainly do not think the sky is falling in.  Just calling it as I see it.  

8 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Hang on a minute -  why are Thai girls/women exempted from your list of things in which Thai men are underachievers?

Because they are so much more. They try harder, they achieve more, they work harder, they study harder, they take themselves far, far more seriously, they push, cajole, and outsmart their male counterparts many times a day, all in the pursuit of survival, and just getting by. They are underestimated by the entire male half of this society. And yet, they hold this country together. Without Thai women, this country would decline rapidly. They deserve so much more credit than they get. And the boys deserve so much less.

Well this might surprise some.
Who remembers the Eagle man at the same lookout who stabbed a German man at the 7/11 to death a few years back? One of these is his offspring that was present at that germans murder. Seriously.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

On 12/4/2016 at 4:21 PM, mcfish said:

Violence has been on the rise world wide for years
In 50 years the world went from leaving doors unlocked to where we are now. I don't think Thailand really rates with Western cities especially in the USA

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Truth!

Could say that cities (towns, villages & hamlets) in the UK rate highly for juvenile violence. And to make matters worse, I hear more and more that the violence of certain local areas is kept under control by self appointed vigilantes as many of the different police forces can't control it.

Sad world. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:43 AM, sebastion said:

Well this might surprise some.
Who remembers the Eagle man at the same lookout who stabbed a German man at the 7/11 to death a few years back? One of these is his offspring that was present at that germans murder. Seriously.

From memory the German man sounded his horn at the guy at the Chalong circle. The psychopath followed him into Tesco, started a fight and stabbed him to death. Same genes in the kid?

From memory the German man sounded his horn at the guy at the Chalong circle. The psychopath followed him into Tesco, started a fight and stabbed him to death. Same genes in the kid?

Yes. That incident. He had two minors with him when he stabbed the German.
One of them is among this group.
New generation of murder coming soon.