Is it soon the end of the 1000 bahts ?

pattayalover

3 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

I do not know anybody in Thailand without a smart phone and a Facebook account, except for maybe old farmers up in the rice fields.

that's because you never met me. i don't own a smart phone nor do i have facebook account. my 3 (nearly 15 years old) Motorola "Razrs" are doing an excellent job making and receiving calls as well as sending and receiving SMSs. by the way... i don't own any rice fields. :wink:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Indian Government's $100 Billion Heist

by Larry White

How to rob your citizens in three easy steps:
1. Cancel certain sizes of currency notes.
2. Prevent many of the old notes from being exchanged by threatening tax investigations.
3. Now you can print more money for government projects without increasing price levels. Presto!"

https://fee.org/articles/the-indian-governments-100-billionindia_currency.jpg?anchor=center&mode=cr-heist/

The Thai Government Leadership will TRY to enforce a cashless society. Just like the EU or US.

Do you actually really think it's a "Government" that makes these decisions ???

The banking system needs it and the governments want to have it !

It's total full spectrum control and domination of everything if they succeed !!!

Everybody who is foolish enough to think that this is something desirable is just this ... a complete fool !

Nobody should ever need money in the first place, but that's another story

[Or how did nature survive that long without money ? ... or better ... how long will nature survive if money remains existing ?]

Just something to think about.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:28 PM, brain150 said:

I think you [and many others] should learn something about currencies [what you call "money" but is NOT "money"] !

What is it ?

Where does it come from ?

Who issues it ?

If you answer these 3 questions correctly then you probably would change your view on this topic completely.

A cashless society is Orwell's nightmare on steroids for many reasons.

Technology can be good but it can also turn into a total nightmare if used the wrong way.

Just because we can do something does not mean we should do it !!!

the world base currency is the US dollar. US dollar bank notes are printed and issued by the Federal Reserve which is not as many think owned by the US government but instead is owned by a group of Jewish families. They sell these US banknotes to the US government on credit with interest added. Other countries have their own governments issuing money. Theoretically when a country prints money they should have reserves of metals, owed foreign debt etc to balance against the paper money but as we all know this s not the case anymore and many countries are carrying way too much paper. One thing most won't know is when you change the euro or pound etc to baht it is not a direct exchange, behind the scenes it actually is exchanged first to US currency then to baht or whatever the desired currency is. I know it doesn't seem this way when the kiosk person looks up the exchange rates and pays you but this is how it works and how much all currencies are tied into the US dollar.

14 hours ago, Naam said:

that's because you never met me. i don't own a smart phone nor do i have facebook account. my 3 (nearly 15 years old) Motorola "Razrs" are doing an excellent job making and receiving calls as well as sending and receiving SMSs. by the way... i don't own any rice fields. :wink:

Naam,

There is a whole world for you yet to discover.

Christmas is coming.......

12 hours ago, retoohs said:

One thing most won't know is when you change the euro or pound etc to baht it is not a direct exchange, behind the scenes it actually is exchanged first to US currency then to baht or whatever the desired currency is.

an often told fairy tale :coffee1:

3 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Naam,

There is a whole world for you yet to discover.

Christmas is coming.......

remind me again when smart phones can give a foot massage or mix a delicious cocktail on demand. then i might consider to own one.

14 hours ago, brain150 said:

The Thai Government Leadership will TRY to enforce a cashless society. Just like the EU or US.

Do you actually really think it's a "Government" that makes these decisions ???

The banking system needs it and the governments want to have it !

It's total full spectrum control and domination of everything if they succeed !!!

Everybody who is foolish enough to think that this is something desirable is just this ... a complete fool !

Nobody should ever need money in the first place, but that's another story

[Or how did nature survive that long without money ? ... or better ... how long will nature survive if money remains existing ?]

Just something to think about.

For yourself and all the other posters who are very anti "cashless society" I just want to ask why? If being digital provides convenience (not having to carry bills and receive coins) and provides security (it's more difficult {not impossible} to rob someone of digital currency; then why are so many people against it?

If you're a legit taxpayer on the up and up who can explain almost every Baht of income, it doesn't really make sense to me why not be cashless? The arguement of "privacy" goes out the door for anybody who uses the Internet (even if you use private/incognito mode you don't think True/AIS/DTAC know where you are and what sites you're visiting?).

So really, I'm genuinely curious as to why so many people are anti-digital? (provided you're not a drug dealer or politician)

2 minutes ago, CanInBKK said:

For yourself and all the other posters who are very anti "cashless society" I just want to ask why? If being digital provides convenience (not having to carry bills and receive coins) and provides security (it's more difficult {not impossible} to rob someone of digital currency; then why are so many people against it?

If you're a legit taxpayer on the up and up who can explain almost every Baht of income, it doesn't really make sense to me why not be cashless? The arguement of "privacy" goes out the door for anybody who uses the Internet (even if you use private/incognito mode you don't think True/AIS/DTAC know where you are and what sites you're visiting?).

So really, I'm genuinely curious as to why so many people are anti-digital? (provided you're not a drug dealer or politician)

1. I do not want to be profiled based on my purchases and bombarded with more ads.

2. There are certain transactions, hem hem, that I do not want to be digitised and stored forever in the cloud, starting a possible local thunderstorm.

3. There are certain places I have visited, hem hem, that I do not want to have logged.

4. You may have seen that large finance companies are being charged to hold deposits at central banks, for example in Europe. I do not want to lose the option of removing my cash from the banks if they try negative interest rates on me to pursue some misguided economic policy.

5. You already have the choice of making most of your transactions electronically if you want to. 

6. It is another nail in the coffin of personal freedom.

7. If all transactions had to go through the banking system, how long do you think it will be before every transaction is charged for? At the moment you can get cash from an ATM and use it, with no charges and no profit for the banks.

Any radical change like this is NEVER in the interests of you and me.

3 hours ago, CanInBKK said:

1. Taxes are simple theft [Somebody has tricked you into believing that Governments have the right to steal your money ! Who gave them this right ???]

2. In your words: Only if you do everything the Government tells you to do and only then can you live ... what ever they tell you !!!

3. On the Internet I usually agree on the terms and conditions. I NEVER agreed on the terms of any Government because they never asked me !!!

4. If somebody can "delete" me from Society by simply pressing a button and cancel my credit card then I would call this highly dangerous !

... just dream on and let others tell you what you think.

You don't want to be free and that's why you can't be free !

Governments love people like you because people like you make sure they can do what ever they want ... you will OBEY !

The original purpose of a state is to protect it's people and make sure they have a good life the way the people want to live ...

now it's plain and simple state tyranny - and the people don't even know anything about it.

Cannot see the 1000 baht note going soon. Look at the utter chaos in India. No NEW notes issued yet, and the highest legal note is 100 rupees (about 50 baht). Imagine doing all your shopping using 20's and 50's ......... if you can get enough.

It is all very well in the bigger cities to move towards a cashless society but the reality in Thailand (and most of India) is that 90% of business owners do cash only, never seen a card reader at a noodle stall. Such a move would only suit the big companies. And how many banks in the villages ..... you might find an ATM, but some where to deposit your cash? Guess they could cut up all those gold chains and go back to that as currency!

The story in India is different there has been a lots of black money with people as well as neighbouring country forged lots of 500 and 1000 Rs notes that could damage the economy of the country. So now it is all over. All black money in the houses are worthless, the forged Rupees has not value and it helped the economy and the people by sudden 25% reduction in price of properties as there is no more black money.

4 hours ago, mrfaroukh said:

The story in India is different there has been a lots of black money with people as well as neighbouring country forged lots of 500 and 1000 Rs notes that could damage the economy of the country. So now it is all over. All black money in the houses are worthless, the forged Rupees has not value and it helped the economy and the people by sudden 25% reduction in price of properties as there is no more black money.

little do you know :coffee1:

On 4.12.2016 at 4:06 PM, Sunak said:

Absolutely no and definitely not Swedish in any way.

Don't make Thailand Swedish.

No more privacy, all money flow accessible to the snoopers?

And why abolish such a small note like 1000 Baht?

If you want to buy a 3 million Baht house in notes you need a big backpack.

I love the 1000 Swiss franc notes (35'000 Baht) and they will NOT be abolished.

The sick Euro dictators want to abolish the 500 Euro note.

#^&$ #&*& !

Swiss ROCKS

On 5.12.2016 at 7:49 PM, theswedishguy said:

Just a hint to OP:

Money in most countries have no real value.

For example USA/Most EU countries only 3% of total amount of money is physical money. The rest is virtual money. US people think their money is protected by the Federal reserv, but they forget that 97% is just "air".

This system is why we have economic crisis every 10 year and why the 1% gets richer and richer. 
The secret is this: Most countries have fragmented lending. If you take a loan for 100 dollars, the bank only have to have 10 dollars. Suddenly 90 dollars is created in thin air and you have to pay interest for it. Best business idea ever.

Since the loan amount + interest exceeds the physical printed money its technically impossible to repay all loans. 

Fragmented banking is in most countries just 55 years old. Before that money had real value in gold/assets. 

This leads to economic crisis when the banks don't have enough real money to lend out more money. That is the real reason for 2008 crash. Suddenly the banks didn't have enough money and had to stop lending. Forcing people to sell houses/shares/assets. Since no one could get a loan: the value plummets and the banks could get housing/assets for a fragment of their value.  Officially they had a "loss", and this loss is used as a tax write-off for the banks. Funniest thing is to "save this system" all western countries gave the banks money. Exempt Iceland that put the bankers in jail. (and the media, that is owned by the same people as the banks in west keeps this very quit. Today with EU crisis: Island is blossoming) 

Since lending gets larger and larger in west, the governments print more and more money to avoid bank crashes. Most EU countries have doubled its physical  money in 10 years. There you have the real reason for the plummeting Euro.

Now: Thailand is great with low amount of loans and huge amount of currency. 

In most EU countries banks today don't even have money. Everything is done by card. Why? So the banks can control the money flow since they have to have 10-15% in real cash. Another plus is that credit card companies/ PayPal and such gets 3-5% of each transaction.  Our "great" politicians in EU have banned businesses to charge consumers for these 3-5%, so everyone we buy something in west there is a hidden 5% bank tax.

The most absurd thing is this: In most EU countries money is gone. Bills payed over internet. Food bought with cards. Most countries have limit how much money you can get from the banks. (In Sweden for example its 2500 euro/month, If you sell a house for 300K, you can't get this money.Its impossible. Only 2500 euro per month). The absurd thing is that printed money is larger then ever to cover for the banks loans.  Each year EU countries print 10% more currency and there is no money in society. Where is all this money stored? Banks in Sweden for example have no money.

Money laundering is nothing. 

This is brainwashing from "ThePower". Why they want to remove money from society. (to curb "crime"). In real life its to control the people and make the bankers more rich.

Just take the 3-5% fee that CC cards take. Imagine if the state instead issued these cards and got 3-5% each sale? They could lower taxes and so on... But... In west, where there is no democracy: The Power/Media/Banks and politicians are the same. Its the same less than 1% that own 80% of the worlds all assets.

Hunger/healthcare/School for all the world could be solved if the richest 400 person shared their wealth. Money they got from lending out money that don't exist and get interest for it. 

Please wake up!  Fight the power in west. 

(and here is why muslims are "hated" in west. Islam: 0% interest. Western media is owned by??? Yes,,, people who have an agenda against the muslims. Always be critical. Wake up)

Great article.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2016 at 3:13 AM, AlexRRR said:

You dont get it....if they not keen on internet banking you think there going to use Apple Pay or the like? try and tell a street vendor he's going to have a mobile net plan and cough up for a gizmo to swipe plus pay what ever the % is to Apple for the privilege of them to collect the fee?

They dont need a marketing gimmick there doing just fine...

Nobody has yet told them how the world revolves around Apple.