TrueVisions to lose BBC Entertainment package

maddermax

I just dropped True last month I am streaming now and very very happy with it . True is getting too expensive and service sucks. I called up to cancel and they wanted to offer me a lower rate for the same package I had So sad They should have done this  3 years ago They do not know how to treat customers.

I am paying half the amout for streaming and getting lots more choice

The reason they are dropping their channels is BBC and others are demanding more for their service and True does not want to pay 

Cable has had its day in the sun just like Beta Max video did 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you possibly say that re run the lead up to BREXIT then say it's not Biased. Or every Election and see who gets the most air time come on man time to wake up and taste the pig

Its charter prohibits it from showing bias. Of course, those on the extremes will always point to bias. In my opinion, in the lead up to the EU referendum, the BBC accepted the blatant lies and distortion, from both sides but far more from the Leave campaign, than it should have done.

3 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

And his latest gadget for posting to ThaiVisa...b51a822161bee9533ad8bb75a4f16d35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If you're going to try to make a joke at my expense, include my post in full without editing (deleting) 2 sentences mid-quote. Thanks!

Edited by tropo

For 1568 bahts per month, we now get NO Premier League football, NO History, and we are are apparently losing Entertainment and possibly BBC News.   We will be cancelling soon.   No cable here, so what are the best options?

Both History Channels are still on Truevisions (channels 556 and 557).

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Its charter prohibits it from showing bias. Of course, those on the extremes will always point to bias. In my opinion, in the lead up to the EU referendum, the BBC accepted the blatant lies and distortion, from both sides but far more from the Leave campaign, than it should have done.

There in a nutshell is my point proved.

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Both History Channels are still on Truevisions (channels 556 and 557).

If you have a reliable internet connection I can recomending Pulse tv great chanels even the "non biased BBC?" There website is pulsetv.net. 10000 for the year with Android plug and play box.

All sky movies/sport and loads of other sports chanels BT sport Mio for all EPL games history chanel. Worth a look

"We lost the History channel 567 recently without any reason being given.  I hear from other expats that BBC World News has also been lost from some service providers. Does anybody know where else we might get the BBC Entertainment package?"

History Channel H2 was closed down in the United States on February 29th 2016 and has been replaced by Animal Planet on True Visions on Channel 567. The H2 brand is still used for sister channels to History in other markets such as Thailand where there is an H2 Channel on 556. The BBC entertainment package has been available as an optional add on package for a long time. It used to be part of the Platinum Package but I was not going to pay for the full Platinum Package just for the BBC Entertainment Package so I stuck to Gold and added on BBC Entertainment for around B156 extra. If you are on Cable you can get other optional permutations added on such as ABC TV Australia and Al Jazeera but these are not available by satellite.

Edited by Estrada

"We lost the History channel 567 recently without any reason being given.  I hear from other expats that BBC World News has also been lost from some service providers. Does anybody know where else we might get the BBC Entertainment package?"

History Channel H2 was closed down in the United States on February 29th 2016 and has been replaced by Animal Planet on True Visions on Channel 567. The H2 brand is still used for sister channels to History in other markets such as Thailand where there is an H2 Channel on 556. The BBC entertainment package has been available as an optional add on package for a long time. It used to be part of the Platinum Package but I was not going to pay for the full Platinum Package just for the BBC Entertainment Package so I stuck to Gold and added on BBC Entertainment for around B156 extra. If you are on Cable you can get other optional permutations added on such as ABC TV Australia and Al Jazeera but these are not available by satellite.

I still have History Channel on 556 and H2 on 557? The BBC add-on is being discontinued from 1 January.

10 hours ago, Henryford said:

Who wants to see the biased output of the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation.

You clearly have not heard about Brexit!

And you probably have not heard about the uproar in the UK that the BBC spent too much time on Brexiteer politicians than on Remain politicians and pundits - some believe that the reason for this was the former had the best quotes, a bit like Trump who could always be relied on for some "good copy."

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I still have History Channel on 556 and H2 on 557? The BBC add-on is being discontinued from 1 January.

It is not actually the same H2 as was on 567 but they keep that name for any other of the several History Channels they show in Asia. H2 its self was closed as a content provider in Feb 2016. I just spoke to True Visions about BBC add on and they said they will terminate their contract with the BBC as of 31st December 2016.

40 minutes ago, Estrada said:

It is not actually the same H2 as was on 567 but they keep that name for any other of the several History Channels they show in Asia. H2 its self was closed as a content provider in Feb 2016. I just spoke to True Visions about BBC add on and they said they will terminate their contract with the BBC as of 31st December 2016.

As I said some time ago that's why all BBC channels are free to anyone now.

15 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

For 1568 bahts per month, we now get NO Premier League football, NO History, and we are are apparently losing Entertainment and possibly BBC News.   We will be cancelling soon.   No cable here, so what are the best options?

Buy or borrow books. Lol ?

I still get on True some what I like

Moto Gp, Superbike, F1, UFC and sometime a nice movie on HBO or FOX .

?

4 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

Proper ellipses were used. People can go back and check the omitted portion which has no bearing on my post.

Nonsense... you deleted 2 short sentences from the middle of my original post, completely altering the context. If you hadn't, your feeble joke would have been meaningless. (People cannot go back and check your post as it has been deleted, due infringement of forum rules)

Nonsense... you deleted 2 short sentences from the middle of my original post, completely altering the context. If you hadn't, your feeble joke would have been meaningless. (People cannot go back and check your post as it has been deleted, due infringement of forum rules)

The deletion did not alter the context as related to my post.

Second, the use of ellipses to identify excerpted passages is allowed. The post did not violate forum rules.

58 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

The deletion did not alter the context as related to my post.

Second, the use of ellipses to identify excerpted passages is allowed. The post did not violate forum rules.

You deleted sentences 2 - 5 (4 sentences) from a 6 sentence post. You didn't alter the content - you totally changed it. You changed the context in order to make a stupid joke, which wouldn't have made sense had you left my short quote intact.

Let's move on. The violating post as long since been deleted.

You deleted sentences 2 - 5 (4 sentences) from a 6 sentence post. You didn't alter the content - you totally changed it. You changed the context in order to make a stupid joke, which wouldn't have made sense had you left my short quote intact.

Let's move on. The violating post as long since been deleted.

The meaning and intent was not changed as it related to my post.

The post, with allowable ellipses, was not a violation.

Yes I think it is gone mainly due to it being blocked/censored

It is total BS about any LM laws being broken I read

That article & it only reported what was said by a few of the family not anything claimed by anyone outside.

So who would they charge with LM? No they cant charge those that spoke up & were quoted

Classic example of the freedom folks "think" they have in a military dictated/ coup junta run country

Edited by mania

Yes I think it is gone mainly due to it being blocked/censored

It is total BS about any LM laws being broken I read
That article & it only reported what was said by a few of the family not anything claimed by anyone outside.
So who would they charge with LM? No they cant charge those that spoke up & were quoted

Classic example of the freedom folks "think" they have in a military dictated/ coup junta run country

BBC Entertainment and CBeebies breaking LM laws? Bloody Graham Norton and those Teletubbies...

On Monday, December 05, 2016 at 8:13 AM, phantomfiddler said:

No big loss. I used to be a big fan of BBC until I watched their incredibly incompetent coverage of the riots around 2010 by reporters who just did not have a clue about what was going on. 

? ditto!  I was so annoyed and disappointed with their coverage of the riots that I haven't watched anything on BBC since then.