Jeng Dokjik banished from politics for 5 years

webfact

Jeng Dokjik banished from politics for 5 years

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAiX6vHIlQgmNdsdSRudg8ASzOg

BANGKOK: -- A former core member of the red-shirt movement Yossawarit Chuklom, alias Jeng Dokjik, was on Tuesday banished from politics for five years after he was found guilty of concealing his assets by the Supreme Court’s criminal division for political office holders.

The court also sentenced to one-month jailterm which was suspended for one year and fined 4,000 baht for similar offence.

The former advisor to agriculture minister of the government of prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra was charged by the National Anti-Corruption Commission after it was discovered that he did not declare his assets after having left the advisory post for more than a year.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/jeng-dokjik-banished-from-politics-for-5-years/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-07

Yes, lets fight fight fight for democracy for Thailand so our gallant politicians can serve the people and the electorate with honesty and clarity.

And these are the people you get. Fine; let vermin like this bleed you dry, then!!

13 minutes ago, The manic said:

Clearly a selective use of a law. Let's see it applied across the board to the military and their yellow shirt bosses. 

Why not apply the law to ALL politicians of whichever colour or party?

But he admitted breaking the law and pleaded guilty.

He was smart enough to become a politician, smart enough to become a political advisor but not smart enough to comply with the law after leaving office.

What is selective about that?

He had a whole year to comply with the law which has been around a fair amount of time.

3 hours ago, The manic said:

Clearly a selective use of a law. Let's see it applied across the board to the military and their yellow shirt bosses. 

Clearly, I think you have selective memory, Sondhi Limthongkul, convicted and currently serving time in jail.

3 hours ago, The manic said:

Sorry red-shade Man.  It is applied across the board.  This politician got an extremely light sentence, but the NACC imposed the 5-year ban from office for a black and white violation of the anti-corruption law.  He only failed to file his asset disclosure after taking office.  So, suspended sentence, ridiculously low fine, but a 5-year ban from politics.  Seems like the proper thing to do.  If you know of any politicians who failed to disclose their assets after assuming office, please contact the NACC.  As far as I am aware, no one in the junta's corps have been accused of failing to file their asset statement.

5 hours ago, The manic said:

Don't know about the yellow , but you wont see any Junta spiffs there, that's for sure, not for awhile anyway, what happens between now and 2025 is anybody's guess, depends on how lethargic or down trodden the people are, can't expect the students to change the course of Thai political history every time.....:cheesy:

Edited by chainarong

7 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Sorry red-shade Man.  It is applied across the board.  This politician got an extremely light sentence, but the NACC imposed the 5-year ban from office for a black and white violation of the anti-corruption law.  He only failed to file his asset disclosure after taking office.  So, suspended sentence, ridiculously low fine, but a 5-year ban from politics.  Seems like the proper thing to do.  If you know of any politicians who failed to disclose their assets after assuming office, please contact the NACC.  As far as I am aware, no one in the junta's corps have been accused of failing to file their asset statement.

Why would this be a red shade man. I hope you are aware that the lot currently running the show have broken pretty much every law, and subsequently replaced it with their very own set of rules, rules that don't apply to them anyway.

Assest declaration ?  don't make me laugh, there were some questions about Prayuth and  Prayuth's brother assest declarations, the result, don't ask difficult questions or else..

you cannot make this stuff up...

The poster you responded to is correct, there is ample factual evidence to suggest the law is not applied equally to everyone.

And.. to take the law seriously, it should.

Edited by sjaak327

7 hours ago, sungod said:

Clearly, I think you have selective memory, Sondhi Limthongkul, convicted and currently serving time in jail.

Not sure if he is actually serving any time, at least he wasn't charged with failure to declare assets, he was convicted for fraud and the fraud wasn't political either.

16 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Why would this be a red shade man. I hope you are aware that the lot currently running the show have broken pretty much every law, and subsequently replaced it with their very own set of rules, rules that don't apply to them anyway.

Assest declaration ?  don't make me laugh, there were some questions about Prayuth and  Prayuth's brother assest declarations, the result, don't ask difficult questions or else..

you cannot make this stuff up...

The poster you responded to is correct, there is ample factual evidence to suggest the law is not applied equally to everyone.

And.. to take the law seriously, it should.

"broken pretty much every law" - a tad hyperbolic. But please do share the details of your claims.

17 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Why would this be a red shade man.

Seems like he was the one who brought up the yellow-shirts first, even though none of them have held a national political office in 6 years.  Only a red supporter would have raised the issue with respect to the junta.

On ‎8‎-‎12‎-‎2016 at 10:36 AM, zaphod reborn said:

Seems like he was the one who brought up the yellow-shirts first, even though none of them have held a national political office in 6 years.  Only a red supporter would have raised the issue with respect to the junta.

One would say the current lot are holding a political office. Yes I understand they don't have a legitimate mandate, but politics IS what they are doing

On ‎8‎-‎12‎-‎2016 at 9:29 AM, Baerboxer said:

"broken pretty much every law" - a tad hyperbolic. But please do share the details of your claims.

Hmm, do I really need to explain this. Pray tell how executing a coup, tearing up the constitution and write your own is legal ?

You keep making me laugh.Talking about the law and legal and xompletely ignoring how the other side treated the law...